We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||58.0 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip code: 05858
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $29,717 (it was $18,558 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $106,115 (it was $59,300 in 2000)
Races in Victory, VT (2010)
- 5995.2%White alone
- 34.8%Two or more races
|VT just blew my away! (28 replies)|
|Where to live in Vermont? (29 year old married couple) (12 replies)|
|Why is Vermont's Cost of Living so High? (115 replies)|
|Vermont Made Beers-Here's Your Thread :) (526 replies)|
|Am I Missing Something In Regards To Property Taxes? (27 replies)|
|Gas pipeline in VT? (28 replies)|
Latest news from Victory, VT collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (20.6%), German (16.5%), Dutch (11.3%), French (11.3%), United States (11.3%), Scotch-Irish (8.2%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 1118 feet
Land area: 43.0 square miles.
Population density: 1.4 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Victory:
- High school or higher: 97.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 21.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 7.4%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 36.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Victory town:
- Never married: 14.9%
- Now married: 58.6%
- Separated: 3.4%
- Widowed: 6.9%
- Divorced: 16.1%
3 residents are foreign born (3.1% North America).
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there was 1 registered sex offender living in Victory, Vermont as of February 17, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Victory to the number of sex offenders is 94 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Victory town:||0.3% ($200)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (98.2 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (157.6 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (275.4 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Kirby, VT (2.2 miles ), East Burke, VT (2.6 miles) , East Haven, VT (2.8 miles ), Granby, VT (2.8 miles) , Concord, VT (2.8 miles ), Burke, VT (2.9 miles ), Lyndonville, VT (2.9 miles ), Lunenburg, VT (2.9 miles ).
Latitude: 44.54 N, Longitude: 71.83 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 802
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Victory, Vermont
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Victory-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Vermont state average. It is 91% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 93.1 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 130.8 miles away from Victory center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 72.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1995 at 12:13:11, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 17.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 91.8 miles away from Victory center
On 8/21/1996 at 07:54:14, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 33.9 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Essex County (16) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Tropical Storms: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Landslide: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Victory:
- PINES REHAB AND HEALTH CTR (Nursing Home, about 9 miles away; LYNDONVILLE, VT)
- NORTHEASTERN VERMONT REGIONAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 11 miles away; SAINT JOHNSBURY, VT)
- ST JOHNSBURY HEALTH AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; SAINT JOHNSBURY, VT)
- CALEDONIA HOME HEALTH CARE (Home Health Center, about 11 miles away; SAINT JOHNSBURY, VT)
- FMC OF ST. JOHNSBURY DIALYSIS (Dialysis Facility, about 11 miles away; SAINT JOHNSBURY, VT)
- NORTHWOODS HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
- COUNTRY VILLAGE CENTER, GENESIS HEALTHCARE (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; LANCASTER, NH)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Victory:
- Norwich University (about 50 miles; Northfield, VT; Full-time enrollment: 4,221)
- Plymouth State University (about 55 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- Dartmouth College (about 62 miles; Hanover, NH; FT enrollment: 6,030)
- Saint Michael's College (about 66 miles; Colchester, VT; FT enrollment: 2,336)
- Community College of Vermont (about 67 miles; Winooski, VT; FT enrollment: 3,394)
- University of Vermont (about 68 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 11,566)
- Champlain College (about 68 miles; Burlington, VT; FT enrollment: 2,623)
Cemeteries: Victory Cemetery (1), Victory Hill Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Bog Pond (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Suitor Brook (A), Stanley Brook (B), Schoolhouse Brook (C), James Brook (D), Bog Brook (E), Cold Brook (F), Granby Brook (G), Rogers Brook (H), Hay Hill Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2002 was 23.4. This is significantly better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2002 was 1.47. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 16.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 18.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.0 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||1.7 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Victory town (based on Essex County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Essex County:||3.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Essex County:||6.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||15.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
7.51% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($26,339 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Caledonia County, VT||1.91% ($23,813 average AGI)|
|from Coos County, NH||1.59% ($26,075)|
|from Orleans County, VT||0.52% ($21,385)|
7.29% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($67,934 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Victory:
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WSTJ (1340 AM; 1 kW; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WTWN (1100 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WELLS RIVER, VT; Owner: PUFFER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WDEV (550 AM; 5 kW; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WLTN (1400 AM; 1 kW; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WICY (1490 AM; 50 kW; MALONE, NY; Owner: CARTIER COMMUNICATIONS INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Victory:
- WGMT (97.7 FM; LYNDON, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WMTK (106.3 FM; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WPKQ (103.7 FM; NORTH CONWAY, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WHOM (94.9 FM; MT. WASHINGTON, NH; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXXS (102.3 FM; LANCASTER, NH; Owner: BARRY P. LUNDERVILLE)
- WCKJ (90.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WKXH (105.5 FM; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT BROADCAST ASSOCIATES, INC.)
- WDOT (95.7 FM; DANVILLE, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING INC)
- WLKC (103.3 FM; WATERBURY, VT; Owner: RADIO BROADCASTING SERVICES, INC.)
- WVPS (107.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WEZF (92.9 FM; BURLINGTON, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCVT (101.7 FM; STOWE, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT CLASSICS, L.L.C.)
- WVFM (105.7 FM; CAMPTON, NH; Owner: DEVON BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WNCS (104.7 FM; MONTPELIER, VT; Owner: MONTPELIER BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLTN-FM (96.7 FM; LISBON, NH; Owner: PROFILE BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WDEV-FM (96.1 FM; WARREN, VT; Owner: RADIO VERMONT, INC.)
- WSCY (106.9 FM; MOULTONBOROUGH, NH; Owner: NORTHEAST COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- W243AE (96.5 FM; ORLEANS, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WMOO (92.1 FM; DERBY CENTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSTAR MEDIA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Victory:
- WVTB (Channel 20; ST. JOHNSBURY, VT; Owner: VERMONT ETV, INC.)
- WLED-TV (Channel 49; LITTLETON, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- W36CP (Channel 36; NEWPORT, VT; Owner: NYN, LLC)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 2Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- $332,000Total costs
- 230Total average daily traffic
- 9Total average daily truck traffic
- 332Total future (year 2015) average daily traffic
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-140 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 95405 , Serial Number: 28-25922, Year manufactured: 1969, Airworthiness Date: 05/20/1969
Registrant (Individual): Ryan R Hovey, 2622 Victory Hl, Victory, VT 05858
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
- Hazardous Condition: 1
- Good Intent Call: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Wood (40%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (31%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (29%)
Victory compared to Vermont state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.