Vinita: Downtown Vinita
Vinita: Ace Hardware Parking Lot & Waterfall
Vinita: Vinita Post Office
Vinita: Vinnie Ream Cultural Center
Vinita: Vinita City Hall
Vinita: First Baptist Church of Vinita
Vinita: Craig General Hospital
Vinita: Carter's IGA
Vinita: World's Largest McDonald's
Vinita: Vinita Fire Department
Vinita: Calvary Baptist Church
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||39.8 years|
|Oklahoma median age:||36.4 years|
Zip codes: 74301.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $18,334 (it was $13,980 in 2000)
Vinita city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $78,688 (it was $47,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $143,301; Detached houses: $149,632; Townhouses or other attached units: $345,837; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $217,800; Mobile homes: $60,846; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $103,263
Median gross rent in 2016: $618.
Races in Vinita, OK (2016)
- 3,32358.6%White alone
- 1,08319.1%American Indian alone
- 73312.9%Two or more races
- 2945.2%Black alone
- 300.5%Asian alone
- 130.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Is OKC the next "Austin"? (175 replies)|
|I like Oklahoma and think it's underrated (129 replies)|
|Are People in Oklahoma Racist ? (166 replies)|
|Possibly retiring to Tulsa area (131 replies)|
|Oklahoma Weather Thread (738 replies)|
|Move to Guthrie ?? (43 replies)|
Latest news from Vinita, OK collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (15.6%), German (7.9%), Irish (6.9%), English (4.9%), Dutch (1.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated in 1873
Elevation: 700 feet
Land area: 4.35 square miles.
Population density: 1,276 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Vinita:
- High school or higher: 85.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 15.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.7%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 15.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Vinita city:
- Never married: 28.4%
- Now married: 41.9%
- Separated: 3.2%
- Widowed: 8.1%
- Divorced: 18.4%
137 residents are foreign born (1.5% Latin America, 0.3% Asia).
According to our research of Oklahoma and other state lists there were 19 registered sex offenders living in Vinita, Oklahoma as of December 15, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Vinita to the number of sex offenders is 298 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $568 (0.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $491 (0.6%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Broken Arrow, OK (54.5 miles , pop. 74,859).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Tulsa, OK (56.0 miles , pop. 393,049).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Dallas, TX (281.4 miles , pop. 1,188,580).
Nearest cities: Big Cabin, OK (2.8 miles ), Ketchum, OK (3.3 miles ), Afton, OK (3.4 miles ), Grand Lake Towne, OK (3.4 miles) , Bluejacket, OK (3.5 miles ), Pensacola, OK (3.6 miles) , Langley, OK (3.6 miles ), Bernice, OK (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 1998: 7 buildings, average cost: $95,700
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2000: 2 buildings, average cost: $70,000
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $63,500
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $108,800
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $69,000
- 2004: 8 buildings, average cost: $81,900
- 2005: 6 buildings, average cost: $165,000
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2007: 4 buildings, average cost: $150,000
- 2008: 3 buildings, average cost: $89,700
- 2009: 2 buildings, average cost: $99,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $160,000
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $142,000
- 2013: 5 buildings, average cost: $120,000
- 2014: 5 buildings, average cost: $120,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 36.64 N, Longitude: 95.16 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,787 (+31.5%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,306 (61.8%)
Area code: 918
|Crime rates in Vinita by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 283.8)||246.7||202.3||233.6||188.8||250.9||265.0||249.2||199.6||175.5||160.6||103.2||173.2||75.2||132.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Vinita detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.67|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +538 (+9.1%).
- Retail trade (20%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Construction (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (39%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (3%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (17%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Health technologists and technicians (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (7%)
Average climate in Vinita, Oklahoma
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Vinita-area historical tornado activity is near Oklahoma state average. It is 140% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/3/1956, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 13.7 miles away from the Vinita city center injured 59 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 9/27/1959, a category F4 tornado 15.3 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Vinita-area historical earthquake activity is near Oklahoma state average. It is 73% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 193.4 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 154.7 miles away from Vinita center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 194.0 miles away from the city center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 278.5 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 296.2 miles away from Vinita center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 313.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Craig County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 16
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Winter Storms: 11, Floods: 10, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 8, Winds: 3, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Phil McGraw - Television personality, Jim Edgar - Politician, Mike Synar - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Vinita:
- CRAIG GENERAL HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency services, 735 NORTH FOREMAN)
- EASTERN STATE HOSPITAL (provides emergency services, 2 MILES NORTHEAST OF CITY, P O BOX 69)
- HOME OF HOPE SEQUOYAH HOUSE (804 EAST SEQUOYAH)
- WODLOE HOUSE (950 W HOPE ROAD)
- CRAIG GENERAL HOME HEALTH (216 SOUTH 7TH STREET, SUITE 100)
- MAYS HOUSECALL HOME HEALTH, INC (425 EAST ILLINOIS AVE)
- AUTUMN NURSING CTR INC 1 (240 NORTH SCRAPER)
- HOME OF HOPE INC (HOPE AVENUE AND ADAIR STREET)
- ROSEWOOD TERRACE (1200 WEST CANADIAN AVENUE)
Airports and heliports located in Vinita:
- Vinita Municipal Airport (H04) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 5,250, Local Ops: 5,250)
- Ratcliff Ranch Airport (2OK6) (Runways: 1)
- Stearmans Roost Airport (5OK3) (Runways: 1)
- Craig Heliport (86OK)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Vinita:
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (about 24 miles; Miami, OK; Full-time enrollment: 2,075)
- Rogers State University (about 35 miles; Claremore, OK; FT enrollment: 3,482)
- Crowder College (about 46 miles; Neosho, MO; FT enrollment: 3,675)
- John Brown University (about 46 miles; Siloam Springs, AR; FT enrollment: 2,097)
- Missouri Southern State University (about 50 miles; Joplin, MO; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- Northeastern State University (about 51 miles; Tahlequah, OK; FT enrollment: 6,895)
- University of Tulsa (about 56 miles; Tulsa, OK; FT enrollment: 3,702)
Public high school in Vinita:
- VINITA HS (Students: 534, Location: 801 NORTH ADAIR, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Vinita:
Private elementary/middle school in Vinita:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- The worlds largest McDonalds is located in Vinita, Oklahoma. added by Courtney Cock.
Notable locations in Vinita: Bull Creek Center (A), Mercy Regional of Oklahoma - Vinita (B), Vinita Fire Department (C), Home of Hope (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Carters Shopping Center (1), Bull Creek Shopping Center (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Vinita include: Vineyard Christian Fellowship Church (A), United Pentecostal Church (B), Trinity Baptist Church (C), Saint Johns Episcopal Church (D), Seventh Day Adventist Church (E), Pilgrim Presbyterian Church (F), Pentecostal House of Prayer Church (G), Pentecostal Church of God (H), Messiah Lutheran Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Fairview Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Vinita include: South Park (1), North Park (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Park Hills Motel & RV Park (Southwest Of City -438415 East Hwy 60), Vinita Inn (520 East Illinois Avenue), Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (232 South 7th Street), Skylight Bakery & Cafe (107 West Canadian Avenue), Jack Lee Properties (326 East Illinois Avenue), Deward & Pauline Motel (110 West Dwain Willis Avenue), Holiday Motel (519 South Wilson Street), Super 8 Big Cabin Vinita OK (30954 S Highway 69).
Courts: Federal Bureau of Investigation (120 East Illinois Avenue), Craig County - Court Clerk Court House (Court House), Craig County - Election Board Court House (301 West Canadian Avenue), Craig County - Jury Information Court House (Courthouse), Oklahoma-State - Court Related Community Service (310 North Wilson Street), Craig County - Court House Custodian (Courthouse).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 50.3. This is significantly better than average.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2000 was 7.43. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 11.1. This is about average. Closest monitor was 24.8 miles away from the city center.
(18.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 29.5% for Black residents, 7.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 45.0% for American Indian residents, 23.7% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Vinita in 2010:
- 131 people in group homes intended for adults
- 104 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 75 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 45 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
People in group quarters in Vinita in 2000:
- 410 people in state prisons
- 287 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
- 115 people in nursing homes
- 74 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 67 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 34 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 23 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 14 people in other nonhousehold living situations
Banks with branches in Vinita (2011 data):
- The First National Bank and Trust Company of Vinita: Motor Bank Branch at 239 North Wilson Street, branch established on 1972/06/03; The First National Bank And Trust Co at 102 West Illinois, branch established on 1892/03/15. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $227.7 mil, Deposits: $190.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Craco, Inc.
- Arvest Bank: Vinita Branch at 125 West Canadian, branch established on 1909/01/01. Info updated 2010/11/29: Bank assets: $12,520.8 mil, Deposits: $10,446.2 mil, headquarters in Fayetteville, AR, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 241 total offices, Holding Company: Arvest Bank Group, Inc.
- Oklahoma State Bank: at 120 West Canadian Street, branch established on 1938/07/13. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $110.7 mil, Deposits: $93.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 3 total offices, Holding Company: Oklahoma State Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Vinita city (based on Craig County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Craig County:||1.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||1.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Craig County:||1.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|Oklahoma:||0.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Craig County:||4.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.35 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.89 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Vinita, OK Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||10||$37,006||$44,407||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||4||$3,620|
|Police Protection - Officers||15||$43,169||$34,535||0||$0|
|Police - Other||11||$29,620||$32,313||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||6||$18,929||$37,858||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||5||$12,411||$29,786||20||$9,510|
|Other and Unallocable||14||$35,871||$30,747||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||94||$282,258||$36,033||29||$16,492|
Vinita government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $1,004,000 ($180.77)
Sewerage: $560,000 ($100.83)
Water Utilities: $509,000 ($91.65)
Fire Protection: $494,000 ($88.94)
Solid Waste Management: $450,000 ($81.02)
General - Other: $375,000 ($67.52)
Central Staff Services: $324,000 ($58.34)
Regular Highways: $311,000 ($56.00)
Financial Administration: $226,000 ($40.69)
Parks & Recreation: $100,000 ($18.01)
Libraries: $87,000 ($15.66)
Judicial and Legal Services: $76,000 ($13.68)
Air Transportation: $3,000 ($0.54)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $314,000 ($56.54)
General - Other: $222,000 ($39.97)
Regular Highways: $174,000 ($31.33)
Solid Waste Management: $89,000 ($16.02)
Police Protection: $31,000 ($5.58)
Parks & Recreation: $30,000 ($5.40)
Libraries: $7,000 ($1.26)
Fire Protection: $4,000 ($0.72)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,564,000 ($461.65)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $139,000 ($25.03)
Vinita government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $49,000 ($8.82)
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $701,000 ($126.22)
Sewerage: $433,000 ($77.96)
Parks & Recreation: $18,000 ($3.24)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $778,000 ($140.08)
Interest Earnings: $113,000 ($20.35)
Rents: $55,000 ($9.90)
Property Sale Other: $3,000 ($0.54)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,299,000 ($233.89)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $151,000 ($27.19)
All Other: $3,000 ($0.54)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $2,000,000 ($360.10)
Public Utilities: $191,000 ($34.39)
NEC: $105,000 ($18.91)
Vinita government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $2,309,000 ($415.74)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $1,572,000 ($283.04)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $335,000 ($60.32)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $402,000 ($72.38)
Vinita government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,500,000 ($270.08)
7.39% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($24,579 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Mayes County, OK||1.12% ($20,882 average AGI)|
|from Ottawa County, OK||1.10% ($26,740)|
|from Tulsa County, OK||0.68% ($28,613)|
7.15% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,335 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Vinita:
- KITO (1470 AM; 1 kW; VINITA, OK; Owner: DLB BROADCASTING CORP.)
- KFAQ (1170 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KGGF (690 AM; 10 kW; COFFEYVILLE, KS; Owner: KGGF-KUSN, INC.)
- KTBZ (1430 AM; 25 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KMUS (1380 AM; 20 kW; MUSKOGEE, OK; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WMBH (1560 AM; 10 kW; JOPLIN, MO)
- KKOW (860 AM; 10 kW; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: AMERICAN MEDIA INVESTMENTS)
- KBTN (1420 AM; 10 kW; NEOSHO, MO; Owner: PETRACOM OF JOPLIN, L.L.C.)
- KFAY (1030 AM; 10 kW; FARMINGTON, AR; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP)
- KUOA (1290 AM; 5 kW; SILOAM SPRINGS, AR; Owner: KUOA, INC.)
- KOCR (1310 AM; 5 kW; JOPLIN, MO; Owner: OZARK CHRISTIAN COLLEGE)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Vinita:
- KGND (107.5 FM; KETCHUM, OK; Owner: NORTHEAST OKLAHOMA BROADCAST NETWORK)
- KITO-FM (96.1 FM; VINITA, OK; Owner: DLB BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KQLL-FM (106.1 FM; OWASSO, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KNYD (90.5 FM; BROKEN ARROW, OK; Owner: CREATIVE EDUCATIONAL MEDIA CORP. INC)
- KGVE (99.3 FM; GROVE, OK; Owner: CALEB CORPORATION)
- KURM-FM (100.3 FM; SOUTHWEST CITY, MO; Owner: KERM, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Vinita:
- KJRH (Channel 2; TULSA, OK; Owner: SCRIPPS HOWARD BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KOED-TV (Channel 11; TULSA, OK; Owner: OKLAHOMA EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION AUTHORITY)
- KOTV (Channel 6; TULSA, OK; Owner: GRIFFIN LICENSING, L.L.C.)
- KTUL (Channel 8; TULSA, OK; Owner: KTUL, LLC)
- KDOR (Channel 17; BARTLESVILLE, OK; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KRSC-TV (Channel 35; CLAREMORE, OK; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF OKLAHOMA COLLEGES)
- KOAM-TV (Channel 7; PITTSBURG, KS; Owner: SAGA QUAD STATES COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- KTFO (Channel 41; TULSA, OK; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 8Number of bridges
- 33m108ftTotal length
- $10,570,000Total costs
- 78,980Total average daily traffic
- 20,242Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 160 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Vinita, OK)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 40 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 63 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Vinita)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers: 1 (See the full list of FAA Registered Manufacturers and Dealers in Vinita)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 27 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Vinita and their reported violations in the past:CRAIG CO RWD #2 (Population served: 4,250, Purch surface water):
Past monitoring violations:IRONSIDE WATER DISTRICT INC (Population served: 392, Purch surface water):
- One minor monitoring violation
Past health violations:CRAIG CO RWD #1 (Population served: 315, Purch surface water):
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In MAY-2014, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAY-31-2014), St Public Notif requested (JUL-10-2014), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-10-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUN-2010, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUN-30-2010), St Public Notif requested (AUG-09-2010), St Violation/Reminder Notice (AUG-09-2010), St Public Notif received (AUG-11-2010)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In SEP-2007, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (OCT-22-2007), St Violation/Reminder Notice (OCT-22-2007), St Public Notif received (OCT-31-2007), St Compliance achieved (MAR-18-2008)
- One routine major monitoring violation
- 2 minor monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - In OCT-2011, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (NOV-17-2011), St Violation/Reminder Notice (NOV-17-2011), St Compliance achieved (JUN-05-2012)
- 19 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 119
- Hazardous Condition: 10
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Vinita
|Most common first names in Vinita, OK among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Vinita, OK among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (63%)
- Electricity (35%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
- Wood (1%)
|Businesses in Vinita, OK|
|Ace Hardware||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Holiday Inn||1||U.S. Cellular||2|
Vinita compared to Oklahoma state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
Vinita on our top lists:
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in industries: Health care and social assistance (population 5,000+)"
- #15 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards (population 1,000+)"
- #27 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Personal care and service occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #40 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in homes for the mentally ill (population 1,000+)"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of divorced people (15+ years)(population 5,000+)"
- #75 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Healthcare support occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #89 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Other Northern Europe (population 500+)"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage population decrease from 2000 (population 5,000+)"
- #88 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest total withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
Total of 7 patent applications in 2008-2018.