We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||53.0 years|
|Virginia median age:||37.6 years|
Zip codes: 22572.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $26,048 (it was $21,392 in 2000)
Warsaw town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $159,957 (it was $111,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $305.
Races in Warsaw, VA (2010)
- 99665.9%White alone
- 38525.5%Black alone
- 171.1%Two or more races
- 100.7%Asian alone
- 80.5%American Indian alone
|Tappahannock/Warsaw relocation (4 replies)|
|Nurse moving to RVA: Tell me more about The Fan/Museum District (11 replies)|
|Need rental by May 7 near Reedville/commuting to Warsaw (0 replies)|
|Metro Cast Services (5 replies)|
|What is one thing you wish you'd known before YOU moved to NoVa? (102 replies)|
|Which neighbor do you like better? Maryland or North Carolina? (105 replies)|
Latest news from Warsaw, VA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (27.3%), Irish (15.3%), United States (11.7%), German (9.3%), Scotch-Irish (2.4%), Italian (1.7%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 143 feet
Land area: 3.04 square miles.
Population density: 494 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Warsaw:
- High school or higher: 76.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 23.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 10.3%
- Unemployed: 6.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Warsaw town:
- Never married: 27.7%
- Now married: 35.0%
- Separated: 4.3%
- Widowed: 20.3%
- Divorced: 12.8%
12 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Virginia and other state lists there were 8 registered sex offenders living in Warsaw, Virginia as of September 28, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Warsaw to the number of sex offenders is 187 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $981 (0.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $986 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Richmond, VA (48.2 miles , pop. 197,790).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Washington, DC (67.6 miles , pop. 572,059).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Philadelphia, PA (165.7 miles , pop. 1,517,550).
Nearest cities: Tappahannock, VA (2.5 miles ), Montross, VA (3.2 miles ), Bayside, VA (3.4 miles) , Heathsville, VA (4.0 miles) , Potomac Mills, VA (4.2 miles ), Newtown district, VA (4.3 miles ), Piney Point, MD (4.3 miles ), St. George Island, MD (4.3 miles ).
Latitude: 37.96 N, Longitude: 76.76 W
Area code: 804
|Crime rates in Warsaw by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 284.1)||171.3||129.3||36.0||49.8||24.4||94.9||33.2||25.2||41.5||53.3||19.5||50.8|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Warsaw detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.01|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Construction (11%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (7%)
- Educational services (32%)
- Health care and social assistance (19%)
- Public administration (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Retail trade (3%)
- Management occupations (19%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (15%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (12%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (9%)
- Sales and related occupations (6%)
- Architecture and engineering occupations (5%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (5%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (24%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (18%)
- Community and social service occupations (16%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (5%)
Average climate in Warsaw, Virginia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Warsaw-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Virginia state average. It is 15% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/2/1966, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.0 miles away from the Warsaw town center injured 2 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 4/28/2002, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 38.8 miles away from the town center killed 3 people and injured 122 people and caused $124 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Warsaw-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Virginia state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/9/2003 at 20:59:14, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB, 4.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 67.6 miles away from the city center
On 1/16/1994 at 01:49:16, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, 4.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 168.6 miles away from Warsaw center
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 311.7 miles away from the city center
On 5/5/2003 at 16:32:32, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 73.1 miles away from the city center
On 3/15/1991 at 06:54:08, a magnitude 3.8 (3.8 LG, Depth: 10.9 mi) earthquake occurred 64.9 miles away from Warsaw center
On 1/16/1994 at 00:42:43, a magnitude 4.2 (4.2 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 168.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Richmond County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 11
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Hurricanes: 4, Tropical Depressions: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Drought: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Tornado: 1, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: William Atkinson Jones - Politician.
Hospitals and medical centers in Warsaw:
airports located in Warsaw:
- Branham Mill Airpark Airport (VG29) (Runways: 1)
- Folly Neck Airport (2VG8) (Runways: 1)
- Shandy Hall Farm Airport (3VA4) (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Warsaw:
- College of Southern Maryland (about 44 miles; La Plata, MD; Full-time enrollment: 5,775)
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College (about 45 miles; Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 8,271)
- University of Mary Washington (about 46 miles; Fredericksburg, VA; FT enrollment: 4,506)
- Virginia Union University (about 47 miles; Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 2,028)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (about 48 miles; Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 26,647)
- College of William and Mary (about 48 miles; Williamsburg, VA; FT enrollment: 7,617)
- University of Richmond (about 51 miles; University of Richmond, VA; FT enrollment: 3,745)
Public high school in Warsaw:
- RAPPAHANNOCK HIGH (Students: 393, Location: 6914 RICHMOND RD, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Warsaw:
Library in Warsaw:
Notable locations in Warsaw: Richmond County Rescue Squad (A), Richmond County Police Department (B), Warsaw Police Department (C), Richmond County Sheriff's Office (D), Richmond County Volunteer Fire Department Station 1 (E), Richmond County Public Library (F), Warsaw Village Retirement Center (G), Warsaw Healthcare Center Nursing Home (H), The Orchard Nursing Home (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Warsaw include: Saint Johns Episcopal Church (A), Victory Baptist Church (B), Warsaw Baptist Church (C), Menokin Baptist Church (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Saint Johns Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Tourist attractions: Menokin Foundation (Cultural Attractions- Events- & Facilities; 4037 Menokin Road), Naylor's Beach Campground Inc (Amusement & Theme Parks; 4011 Naylors Beach Road), Northern Neck Tourism Council (479 Main Street), Jenkins Lyell E (Arcades & Amusements; 4011 Naylors Beach Rd).
Hotel: Best Western Warsaw (4522 Richmond Road).
Courts: Breezewood Court (178 Totuskey Church Road), Richmond County - Juvenile Court Service (106 Wallace Street).
(11.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 55.7% for Black residents, 83.3% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents)
|This town:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
People in group quarters in Warsaw in 2010:
- 383 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 127 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 9 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Warsaw in 2000:
- 269 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 194 people in nursing homes
- 15 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 3 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Warsaw (2011 data):
- Union First Market Bank: Warsaw Branch at 5839 Richmond Rd, branch established on 1909/05/09. Info updated 2011/08/16: Bank assets: $3,888.6 mil, Deposits: $3,181.6 mil, headquarters in Richmond, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 99 total offices, Holding Company: Union First Market Bankshares Corporation
- Bank of Lancaster: Warsaw Branch at 4935 Richmond Road, branch established on 1980/06/02. Info updated 2008/10/28: Bank assets: $314.3 mil, Deposits: $265.6 mil, headquarters in Kilmarnock, VA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Bay Banks Of Virginia, Inc.
- Peoples Community Bank: Warsaw Branch at U.S. Route 360 And State Route 624, branch established on 1986/06/30. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $139.9 mil, Deposits: $126.3 mil, headquarters in Montross, VA, positive income, 5 total offices, Holding Company: Peoples Bankshares, Incorporated
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Warsaw town (based on Richmond County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Richmond County:||4.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Virginia:||2.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Richmond County:||4.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.65 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Warsaw, VA Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$4,646||$55,752||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||3||$7,796||$31,184||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||3||$4,792||$19,168||1||$505|
|Totals for Government||15||$35,341||$28,273||1||$505|
Warsaw government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Sewerage: $203,000 ($135.24)
Water Utilities: $201,000 ($133.91)
Financial Administration: $167,000 ($111.26)
Solid Waste Management: $125,000 ($83.28)
Police Protection: $120,000 ($79.95)
General - Other: $14,000 ($9.33)
Fire Protection: $12,000 ($7.99)
- General - Interest on Debt: $57,000 ($37.97)
- Other Capital Outlay - Financial Administration: $167,000 ($111.26)
General - Other: $71,000 ($47.30)
Police Protection: $3,000 ($2.00)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $336,000 ($223.85)
Warsaw government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $203,000 ($135.24)
- Federal Intergovernmental - General Support: $17,000 ($11.33)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $61,000 ($40.64)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $223,000 ($148.57)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $56,000 ($37.31)
- Tax - Other Selective Sales: $274,000 ($182.54)
Property: $108,000 ($71.95)
NEC: $100,000 ($66.62)
Total General Sales: $56,000 ($37.31)
Public Utilities: $27,000 ($17.99)
Motor Vehicle License: $22,000 ($14.66)
Warsaw government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $949,000 ($632.25)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $379,000 ($252.50)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $1,295,000 ($862.76)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $33,000 ($21.99)
Warsaw government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $1,143,000 ($761.49)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $382,000 ($254.50)
5.85% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,675 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Westmoreland County, VA||1.41% ($26,325 average AGI)|
|from Northumberland County, VA||0.74% ($30,000)|
|from Essex County, VA||0.49% ($29,071)|
6.70% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,005 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Warsaw:
- WWGB (1030 AM; daytime; 50 kW; INDIAN HEAD, MD; Owner: GOOD BODY MEDIA, LLC)
- WRVA (1140 AM; 50 kW; RICHMOND, VA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WTAR (850 AM; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: SINCLAIR COMMUNICATIONS)
- WRAR (1000 AM; daytime; 1 kW; TAPPAHANNOCK, VA; Owner: RAPPAHANNOCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTEM (980 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WPTX (1690 AM; 10 kW; LEXINGTON PARK, MD; Owner: SOMAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WRJR (670 AM; 20 kW; CLAREMONT, VA; Owner: CHESAPEAKE-PORTSMOUTH BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCKO (1110 AM; daytime; 50 kW; NORFOLK, VA; Owner: WORD BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WBIS (1190 AM; 50 kW; ANNAPOLIS, MD; Owner: NATIONS RADIO, LLC)
- WPGC (1580 AM; 50 kW; MORNINGSIDE, MD; Owner: INFINITY WPGC(AM), INC.)
- WCBM (680 AM; 50 kW; BALTIMORE, MD; Owner: WCBM MARYLAND, INC.)
- WKCW (1420 AM; 50 kW; WARRENTON, VA; Owner: WAY BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WTOP (1500 AM; 50 kW; WASHINGTON, DC; Owner: BONNEVILLE HOLDING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Warsaw:
- WNNT-FM (100.9 FM; WARSAW, VA; Owner: NORTHERN NECK & TIDEWATER COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
- WRAR-FM (105.5 FM; TAPPAHANNOCK, VA; Owner: RAPPAHANNOCK COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WGRQ (95.9 FM; COLONIAL BEACH, VA; Owner: TELEMEDIA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNDJ (104.9 FM; WHITE STONE, VA; Owner: WINDMILL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WMDM-FM (97.7 FM; LEXINGTON PARK, MD; Owner: SOMAR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Warsaw:
- WUPV (Channel 65; ASHLAND, VA; Owner: BELL BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
Warsaw fatal accident list:
Jun 10, 2001 10:50 AM, Us-360, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Sep 27, 1981 07:15 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Warsaw)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:36 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Warsaw, VA)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:7
- LYELLS, Rt 3 Box 245 (Lat: 37.983167 Lon: -76.731056), Overall height: 94.5 m, Call Sign: WMQ210
Assigned Frequencies: 6177.50 MHzGrant Date: 01/25/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: Michael P SamsockRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
- STATION, 85 St. Johns St. (Lat: 37.958889 Lon: -76.755556), Type: Tower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 82.3 m, Call Sign: WNTA871
Assigned Frequencies: 928.618 MHz, 952.618 MHzGrant Date: 10/14/2009, Expiration Date: 12/20/2019Registrant: United Telecom Council, 200 N Glebe Rd Suite 1000, Arlington, VA 22203, Phone: (202) 872-0030, Fax: (202) 318-4623, Email:
- WARSAW AO, State Rt.3 Richmond County (Lat: 37.980694 Lon: -76.738083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WQCT232
Assigned Frequencies: 6555.00 MHzGrant Date: 03/05/2015, Expiration Date: 05/18/2025, Certifier: John E FurloughRegistrant: Virginia State Police, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, North Chesterfield, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2974, Email:
- WARSAW, State Rt.3 Richmond County (Lat: 37.980694 Lon: -76.738083), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WQGF939
Assigned Frequencies: 6685.00 MHzGrant Date: 01/08/2007, Expiration Date: 01/08/2017, Certifier: John E FurloughRegistrant: Department Of State Police, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
- Northern Neck Co-op, 85 St. Johns St. (Lat: 37.958889 Lon: -76.755556), Type: Tower, Structure height: 91.4 m, Overall height: 97.5 m, Call Sign: WQKX752
Assigned Frequencies: 6197.24 MHzGrant Date: 10/20/2009, Expiration Date: 10/20/2019, Certifier: Brad TrumanRegistrant: Virginia Broadband, LLC, 14115 Lovers Lane, Ste 135, Culpeper, VA 22701, Phone: (540) 727-1164, Fax: (540) 825-1243, Email:
- STATION, State Rt 3 1 Mi N Of (Lat: 37.981222 Lon: -76.737167), Overall height: 96 m, Call Sign: KFG79
Assigned Frequencies: 2141.20 MHzGrant Date: 08/27/2008, Expiration Date: 11/17/2018, Cancellation Date: 06/25/2010Registrant: Department Of State Police, 7700 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23261-7472, Phone: (804) 674-4644, Fax: (804) 674-2602, Email:
- WARSAW, 8 Main Street (Lat: 37.959833 Lon: -76.756611), Overall height: 48.8 m, Call Sign: KIK23
Assigned Frequencies: 6189.80 MHz, 6308.40 MHz, 6308.40 MHzGrant Date: 01/13/1988, Expiration Date: 12/10/1997, Cancellation Date: 12/10/1997Registrant: Contel Of Virginia Inc, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Warsaw)
FAA Registered Aircraft:6
- Aircraft: FREDERIC KENTON QUICKSILVER GT 400 (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503 (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 169DC , Serial Number: 45901, Year manufactured: 1989, Airworthiness Date: 07/07/2006
Registrant (Individual): David W Coates, 12922 Richmond Rd, Warsaw, VA 22572
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-140 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 1857J , Serial Number: 28-24295, Year manufactured: 1968, Airworthiness Date: 02/26/1968
Registrant (Individual): David M Riley, 239 Lee Ave, Warsaw, VA 22572
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150H (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 23473 , Serial Number: 15068973, Year manufactured: 1968, Airworthiness Date: 05/28/1968
Registrant (Individual): Patrick H Weakland, 1539 Threeway Rd, Warsaw, VA 22572
- Aircraft: ANGOLIA ANTHONY WAYNE THUNDER GULL (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 503DCSI (52 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 39WA , Serial Number: 039, Year manufactured: 2004, Airworthiness Date: 03/16/2006
Registrant (Individual): Anthony Wayne Angolia, Po Box 84, Warsaw, VA 22572
- Aircraft: GRUMMAN G-44A (Category: Amphibian, Engines: 2, Seats: 5, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 131 mph), Engine: LYCOMING GO-480 SERIES (295 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 41988 , Serial Number: 1419, Year manufactured: 1945, Airworthiness Date: 10/12/1955
Registrant (Individual): Patrick H Weakland, 1539 Threeway Rd, Warsaw, VA 22572
- Aircraft: SHOCKLEY DAVID C THUNDER GULL J (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: HKS 700E (60 HP) (4 Cycle)
N-Number: 601NX , Serial Number: 001, Year manufactured: 2006, Airworthiness Date: 12/10/2006
Registrant (Individual): David C Shockley, 770 Smith Ln, Warsaw, VA 22572
Drinking water stations with addresses in Warsaw and their reported violations in the past:NAYLORS BEACH CAMPGROUND (Population served: 125, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:NAYLORS BEACH-RAPPA POINT (Population served: 47, Groundwater):
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring, Source Water (GWR) - In JUN-13-2013, Contaminant: E. COLI. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (JUN-27-2013), St Public Notif requested (JUN-28-2013), St Formal NOV issued (JUN-28-2013)
- Monitoring, Repeat Major (TCR) - Between APR-2013 and JUN-2013, Contaminant: Coliform (TCR). Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUN-21-2013), St Formal NOV issued (JUN-21-2013), St Compliance achieved (JUN-27-2013)
- 2 routine major monitoring violations
- One minor monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Warsaw that have no violations reported:
- CABIN POINT AND GLEBE HARBOUR (Population served: 1,210, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- BERKLEY BEACH - EBB TIDE BEACH (Population served: 726, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- BAY QUARTER SHORES (Population served: 726, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- CORROTOMAN BY THE BAY (Population served: 417, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- BLEAK HALL (Population served: 170, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- DRIFTWOOD BEACH (Population served: 150, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- DARL SUBDIVISION (Population served: 75, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- JETTYS REACH (Population served: 72, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- ADAMS GROVE (Population served: 33, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 7
|Most common first names in Warsaw, VA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Warsaw, VA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (81%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (11%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- Wood (1%)
- Other fuel (1%)
|Businesses in Warsaw, VA|
|Hardee's||1||The Room Place||1|
Warsaw compared to Virginia state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Warsaw on our top lists:
- #13 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups) (population 1,000+)"
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in nursing homes (population 1,000+)"
- #38 (22572) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of English first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest total withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Obama (Democrat) in the 2012 Presidential Election"
- #66 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest ground withdrawal of fresh water for public supply"