We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||48.1 years|
|Massachusetts median age:||39.2 years|
Zip codes: 01378.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $33,001 (it was $19,989 in 2000)
Warwick town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $223,095 (it was $117,500 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $239,396; Detached houses: $247,810; Townhouses or other attached units: $286,407; In 2-unit structures: $183,965; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $220,096; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $141,974; Mobile homes: $52,355
Races in Warwick, MA (2010)
- 75496.7%White alone
- 70.9%Asian alone
- 70.9%Two or more races
- 40.5%American Indian alone
|Where to live? One spouse working in Boston, other in Warwick (11 replies)|
|Macy's in Brockton closing, Flash mobs of shoplifters (64 replies)|
|Boundaries of MA's regions (63 replies)|
|DeMoulas Market Basket protest (756 replies)|
|Taunton: Silver City Galleria will be losing JC Penney in April (65 replies)|
|Living in Worcester? (70 replies)|
Latest news from Warwick, MA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (24.0%), French (16.8%), Irish (15.3%), German (8.5%), Polish (6.9%), Italian (6.8%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated in 1763
Elevation: 937 feet
Land area: 37.3 square miles.
Population density: 21 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Warwick:
- High school or higher: 93.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 25.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 8.9%
- Unemployed: 5.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Warwick town:
- Never married: 23.6%
- Now married: 58.7%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 10.1%
4 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Massachusetts and other state lists there were 2 registered sex offenders living in Warwick, Massachusetts as of July 21, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Warwick to the number of sex offenders is 390 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Warwick town:||1.4% ($1,665)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Chicopee, MA (36.9 miles , pop. 54,653).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (67.5 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (149.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Orange, MA (2.4 miles ), Northfield, MA (2.5 miles ), Richmond, NH (2.6 miles ), Athol, MA (2.7 miles ), Royalston, MA (2.7 miles ), Erving, MA (2.8 miles ), Winchester, NH (2.8 miles ), Wendell, MA (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $90,700
- 1998: 3 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 1999: 3 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 2001: 2 buildings, average cost: $82,500
- 2002: 1 building, cost: $82,500
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $85,200
- 2004: 4 buildings, average cost: $85,200
- 2005: 4 buildings, average cost: $177,500
- 2006: 2 buildings, average cost: $60,500
- 2007: 1 building, cost: $60,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.67 N, Longitude: 72.33 W
|Crime rates in Warwick by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 321.9)||75.4||22.1||11.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Warwick detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.57|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (16%)
- Metal and metal products (15%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Health care (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Health care (17%)
- Educational services (14%)
- Metal and metal products (13%)
- Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- U. S. Postal service (4%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (10%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Woodworkers (4%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (10%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (9%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (4%)
Average climate in Warwick, Massachusetts
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Warwick-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Massachusetts state average. It is 15% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/9/1953, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 15.8 miles away from the Warwick town center killed 90 people and injured 1228 people and caused between $50,000,000 and $500,000,000 in damages.
On 6/22/1981, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 19.1 miles away from the town center injured 3 people and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Warwick-area historical earthquake activity is near Massachusetts state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 134.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 143.9 miles away from Warwick center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 68.3 miles away from the city center
On 10/2/1994 at 11:27:22, a magnitude 3.7 (3.5 LG, 3.7 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 22.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 119.6 miles away from Warwick center
On 8/22/1992 at 12:20:32, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 3.8 MS, 4.7 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 267.7 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Franklin County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 10
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Hurricanes: 4, Snowstorms: 4, Winter Storms: 3, Blizzards: 2, Snows: 2, Snowfall: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Warwick:
- ATHOL MEMORIAL HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE (Hospital, about 8 miles away; ATHOL, MA)
- APPLEWOOD CARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; WINCHESTER, NH)
- QUABBIN VALLEY HEALTHCARE (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; ATHOL, MA)
- ATHOL MEMORIAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 9 miles away; ATHOL, MA)
- VERNON GREEN NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; VERNON, VT)
- TEMPLETON DEVELOPMENTAL CENTER (Hospital, about 13 miles away; BALDWINVILLE, MA)
- OPEN ARMS NURSING HOME INC (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; WINCHENDON, MA)
Operable nuclear power plant near Warwick:
- 13 miles: Vermont Yankee in Vernon, VT.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Warwick:
- Franklin Pierce University (about 16 miles; Rindge, NH; Full-time enrollment: 2,139)
- Keene State College (about 19 miles; Keene, NH; FT enrollment: 5,098)
- Mount Wachusett Community College (about 19 miles; Gardner, MA; FT enrollment: 3,143)
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst (about 22 miles; Amherst, MA; FT enrollment: 26,583)
- Fitchburg State University (about 28 miles; Fitchburg, MA; FT enrollment: 5,010)
- Smith College (about 29 miles; Northampton, MA; FT enrollment: 3,549)
- Mount Holyoke College (about 31 miles; South Hadley, MA; FT enrollment: 2,573)
Public elementary/middle school in Warwick:
- WARWICK COMMUNITY SCHOOL (Students: 71, Location: 41 WINCHESTER ROAD, Grades: PK-6)
Notable locations in Warwick: Chase Hill Farm (A), Wagonwheel Campground (B), Warwick Fire Department (C), Warwick Free Public Library (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Warwick: Trinitarian Congregational Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemetery: Warwick Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes, reservoirs, and swamps: Bent Pond (A), Lily Pond (B), Johnsonian Pond (C), Hastings Pond (D), Wheelers Pond (E), Sheomet Lake (F), Richards Reservoir (G), Richards Mill Pond (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Lovers Retreat Brook (A), Black Brook (B), Darling Brook (C), Gales Brook (D), Grace Brook (E), Hodge Brook (F), Kidder Brook (G), Mountain Brook (H), Rum Brook (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 86.2. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2003 was 3.66. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 5.1 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 24.9. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 12.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 14.0. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.5 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.41. This is about average. Closest monitor was 18.4 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Warwick town (based on Franklin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Franklin County:||3.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||1.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.05 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||1.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Massachusetts:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||3.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.77 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.10 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.76 / 10,000 pop.|
6.07% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,154 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved from foreign countries ($130 average AGI)
Franklin County: 0.03% Massachusetts average: 0.06%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Hampshire County, MA||1.74% ($33,774 average AGI)|
|from Worcester County, MA||0.81% ($33,513)|
|from Hampden County, MA||0.42% ($30,770)|
5.95% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,267 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved to foreign countries ($160 average AGI)
Franklin County: 0.05% Massachusetts average: 0.11%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Warwick:
- WCAT (700 AM; daytime; 3 kW; ORANGE-ATHOL, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WIZZ (1520 AM; daytime; 10 kW; GREENFIELD, MA; Owner: P. & M. RADIO, LLC)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WTIC (1080 AM; 50 kW; HARTFORD, CT; Owner: INFINITY RADIO OPERATIONS INC.)
- WKBK (1290 AM; 5 kW; KEENE, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WAMG (890 AM; 25 kW; DEDHAM, MA; Owner: MEGA COMMUNICATIONS OF DEDHAM LICENSEE, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Warwick:
- WJDF (97.3 FM; ORANGE, MA; Owner: DEANE BROTHERS BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WYRY (104.9 FM; HINSDALE, NH; Owner: TRI-VALLEY BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WOQL (98.7 FM; WINCHESTER, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW HAMPSHIRE, LLC)
- WPVQ (95.3 FM; GREENFIELD, MA; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WFEX (92.1 FM; PETERBOROUGH, NH; Owner: FNX BROADCASTING OF NEW HAMPSHIRE LLC)
- WAHL (99.9 FM; ATHOL, MA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WFCR (88.5 FM; AMHERST, MA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS)
- WKNE (103.7 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WAMC-FM (90.3 FM; ALBANY, NY; Owner: WAMC)
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- W293AB (106.5 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WEVN (90.7 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WRSY (101.5 FM; MARLBORO, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WAMH (89.3 FM; AMHERST, MA; Owner: TRUSTEES OF AMHERST COLLEGE)
- WINQ (97.7 FM; WINCHENDON, MA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WHAI (98.3 FM; GREENFIELD, MA; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
TV broadcast stations around Warwick:
- WUNI (Channel 27; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- WYDN (Channel 48; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TV CORPORATION)
- WUTF (Channel 66; MARLBOROUGH, MA; Owner: TELEFUTURA BOSTON LLC)
- WEKW-TV (Channel 52; KEENE, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
Warwick fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 3Number of bridges
- 2m7ftTotal length
- $440,000Total costs
- 1,906Total average daily traffic
- 153Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,379Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:1
- 540 Airport Road (Lat: 41.732778 Lon: -71.423611), Type: 15.5, Overall height: 15.5 m, Registrant: 4015885638, , 50 VISION BLVD.
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- Warwick Fire Sta Rt78&hstngs Pond (Lat: 42.680083 Lon: -72.337583), Call Sign: KWV807, Licensee ID: L00072042
Assigned Frequencies: 33.4800 MHz, 33.5400 MHzGrant Date: 03/16/2000, Expiration Date: 03/26/2005, Cancellation Date: 05/28/2005Registrant: Warwick, Town Of, 1 Hastings Pond Rd, Warwick, MA 01378, Phone: (508) 544-3314
- Fire Station (Lat: 42.680083 Lon: -72.337583), Call Sign: KNGP421, Licensee ID: L00072042
Assigned Frequencies: 33.0600 MHzGrant Date: 03/25/1998, Expiration Date: 05/11/2003, Cancellation Date: 08/10/2003Registrant: Warwick, Town Of, Winchester Rd, Warwick, MA 01378
- Fire Tower Mt Grace (Lat: 42.690833 Lon: -72.354167), Type: Tower, Structure height: 20 m, Call Sign: KNDE690
Assigned Frequencies: 42.4000 MHz, 42.4400 MHzGrant Date: 04/17/2012, Expiration Date: 06/05/2022Registrant: Airwaves Licensing Assistance Inc, 4285 Fairfield Road, Fairfield, PA 17320, Phone: (717) 642-9512, Fax: (717) 642-9516, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:6
- Call Sign: KB1DRD, Licensee ID: L00248500, Grant Date: 06/23/1999, Expiration Date: 02/03/2009, Cancellation Date: 02/04/2011, Registrant: Ingeborg Petschik, 425 Winchester Rd, Warwick, MA 01378
- Call Sign: N1LXO, Grant Date: 04/07/1992, Expiration Date: 04/07/2002, Cancellation Date: 04/08/2004, Registrant: Stanley E Thompson, 371 Wendell Rd, Warwick, MA 01364
- Call Sign: WB1CWH, Licensee ID: L00390439, Grant Date: 08/21/2007, Expiration Date: 11/13/2017, Certifier: Edward W Lemon Jr, Registrant: Edward W Lemon Jr, 700 Old Winchester Rd, Warwick, MA 01378
- Call Sign: KB1VPO, Licensee ID: L01633868, Grant Date: 04/25/2011, Expiration Date: 04/25/2021, Certifier: Lucinda R Seago, Registrant: Lucinda R Seago, 405 Richmond Rd, Warwick, MA 01378
- Call Sign: AB1SB, Licensee ID: L01740091, Grant Date: 10/16/2012, Expiration Date: 10/16/2022, Certifier: Scott W Seago, Registrant: Scott W Seago, 405 Richmond Rd, Warwick, MA 01378
- Call Sign: KC1EJI, Licensee ID: L01968685, Grant Date: 09/10/2015, Expiration Date: 09/10/2025, Certifier: Adam W Holloway, Registrant: Adam W Holloway, 437 Orange Road, Warwick, MA 01378
FAA Registered Aircraft:1
- Aircraft: CESSNA 170B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C145 SERIES (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 138WW , Serial Number: 26189, Year manufactured: 1954, Airworthiness Date: 06/12/1957
Registrant (Co-Owned): Todd D Weed, 40 Robbins Rd, Warwick, MA 01378, Other Owners: Tracey J Weed
Deregistered: Cancel Date: 06/21/1996
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 1
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (66%)
- Wood (26%)
- Electricity (5%)
- Utility gas (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
Warwick compared to Massachusetts state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Total of 18 patent applications in 2008-2018.