We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||42.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54721.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $23,502 (it was $15,482 in 2000)
Waterville town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $116,435 (it was $66,300 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $170,433; Detached houses: $176,554; Townhouses or other attached units: $110,231; In 2-unit structures: $312,040; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $141,381; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $281,413; Mobile homes: $39,346
Races in Waterville, WI (2010)
- 82098.7%White alone
- 30.4%Two or more races
- 20.2%Asian alone
- 10.1%Black alone
- 10.1%Other race alone
|Can someone tell me nicest/prettiest parts of Waukesha & Brookfield? (7 replies)|
|Wife wants to leave NC to go home... smart??? (22 replies)|
|Considering Wisconsin (29 replies)|
Latest news from Waterville, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (50.3%), Norwegian (12.1%), Irish (10.2%), French (7.9%), English (7.6%), United States (5.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 895 feet
Land area: 35.7 square miles.
Population density: 23 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Waterville:
- High school or higher: 85.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.5%
- Unemployed: 3.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Waterville town:
- Never married: 24.2%
- Now married: 58.9%
- Separated: 1.0%
- Widowed: 6.5%
- Divorced: 9.4%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Waterville town:||1.7% ($1,158)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (30.1 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (56.2 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (293.6 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Arkansaw, WI (1.2 miles) , Waubeek, WI (1.9 miles ), Durand, WI (2.2 miles ), Maxville, WI (2.5 miles ), Plum City, WI (2.6 miles ), Rock Elm, WI (3.0 miles ), Elmwood, WI (3.2 miles ), Downsville, WI (3.3 miles) .
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2013: 2 buildings, average cost: $930,000
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $280,000
Latitude: 44.64 N, Longitude: 92.06 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (35%)
- Construction (7%)
- Food (7%)
- Metal and metal products (6%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Repair and maintenance (4%)
- Health care (20%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Personal and laundry services (5%)
- Farmers and farm managers (22%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (7%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (6%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (6%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (4%)
- Health technologists and technicians (4%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (4%)
Average climate in Waterville, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Waterville-area historical tornado activity is near Wisconsin state average. It is 19% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/4/1958, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 22.2 miles away from the Waterville town center killed 21 people and injured 74 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 9/12/1951, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 1.5 miles away from the town center injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Waterville-area historical earthquake activity is below Wisconsin state average. It is 95% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 206.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 218.5 miles away from Waterville center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 271.9 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 364.3 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 247.2 miles away from Waterville center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 146.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Pepin County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 6, Tornadoes: 5, Heavy Rains: 2, Drought: 1, Flash Flood: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Waterville:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Waterville:
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 19 miles; Menomonie, WI; Full-time enrollment: 8,120)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 30 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 30 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 10,143)
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (about 32 miles; River Falls, WI; FT enrollment: 5,868)
- Saint Mary's University of Minnesota (about 46 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 4,022)
- Winona State University (about 47 miles; Winona, MN; FT enrollment: 8,397)
- Rochester Community and Technical College (about 48 miles; Rochester, MN; FT enrollment: 4,444)
Church in Waterville: Saint Josephs Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Round Hill Cemetery (1), French Cemetery (2), Saint Josephs Cemetery (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Silver Birch Lake (A), Wilcox Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Arkansaw Creek (A), Thompson Slough (B), Eau Galle River (C), Barnes Branch (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Waterville: Silver Birch Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Waterville town (based on Pepin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Pepin County:||2.72 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Pepin County:||5.43 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($42,742 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dunn County, WI||0.86% ($32,320 average AGI)|
|from Buffalo County, WI||0.62% ($28,722)|
|from Pierce County, WI||0.59% ($39,471)|
6.40% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($33,431 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Waterville:
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WQOQ (1430 AM; 2 kW; DURAND, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
- KFAN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WDGY (630 AM; 8 kW; HUDSON, WI; Owner: 630 RADIO, INCORPORATED)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WEAQ (1150 AM; 5 kW; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- KOLM (1520 AM; 10 kW; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: OLMSTED COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Strongest FM radio stations in Waterville:
- WDMO (95.9 FM; DURAND, WI; Owner: ZOE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KWNG (105.9 FM; RED WING, MN; Owner: SORENSON BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W211AY (90.1 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- WHWC (88.3 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WVSS (90.7 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: BD. OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- KMFX-FM (102.5 FM; LAKE CITY, MN; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KLCH (94.9 FM; LAKE CITY, MN; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- KNXR (97.5 FM; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: UNITED AUDIO CORPORATION)
- WXPT (104.1 FM; ST. LOUIS PARK, MN; Owner: THE AUDIO HOUSE, INC.)
- WUEC (89.7 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS, UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- WMEQ-FM (92.1 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WECL (92.9 FM; ELK MOUND, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WBIZ-FM (100.7 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Waterville:
- WHWC-TV (Channel 28; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WKBT (Channel 8; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: QUEENB TELEVISION, LLC)
- KXLT-TV (Channel 47; ROCHESTER, MN; Owner: SHOCKLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- K57CN (Channel 57; WABASHA, MN; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEUX (Channel 48; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: GRANT MEDIA INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 23Number of bridges
- 43m141ftTotal length
- $152,000Total costs
- 20,706Total average daily traffic
- 1,355Total average daily truck traffic
- 26,156Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (32%)
- Utility gas (26%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (19%)
- Wood (15%)
- Electricity (8%)
Waterville compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.