Watseka: Historic Vennum Home
Watseka: Historic Roff Home
Watseka: Watseka Municipal Building
Watseka: Iroquois County Court House Watseka
Watseka: Watseka Historical Courthouse Museum
Watseka: Watseka water tower
Watseka: Old Courthouse
Watseka: Roff House
Watseka: Vennum House- Vennum/Roff--Famous Legend of Watseka Wonder
Watseka: Water tower on west side of town on Hwy 24
Watseka: Elementary School K-1 thru K-5
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||47.1 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 60970.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $21,130 (it was $16,638 in 2000)
Watseka city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $74,241 (it was $69,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $524.
Races in Watseka, IL (2010)
- 4,91993.6%White alone
- 611.2%Two or more races
- 410.8%Black alone
- 350.7%Asian alone
- 80.2%American Indian alone
- 20.04%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- More borrowers make early loan repayments in spring Feb 12
- How Does the Presence of a Major Employer Affect Crime Rates? Feb 10
- Prosper default rate decreased in 2014 Feb 8
- How important is peer-to-peer loan diversification? Feb 6
- Where Do the Young and Old People Live, and How Has That Changed Over the Years? Feb 4
|Moving to Watseka, input appreciated (7 replies)|
|What are some strange names for illinois towns? (67 replies)|
|Watseka, IL. Info, and flood info... (17 replies)|
|Stargazing.... (7 replies)|
|Moving from LA to Urbana-Champaign (46 replies)|
|Watseka citizens against high tax (2 replies)|
Latest news from Watseka, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (26.6%), United States (15.3%), Irish (9.9%), English (8.1%), French (5.5%), Dutch (4.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 02/07/1873
Elevation: 637 feet
Land area: 2.62 square miles.
Population density: 1,965 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Watseka:
- High school or higher: 84.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 11.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
- Unemployed: 3.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 19.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Watseka city:
- Never married: 26.2%
- Now married: 45.4%
- Separated: 0.6%
- Widowed: 13.3%
- Divorced: 14.5%
320 residents are foreign born (2.7% Europe, 0.8% Asia, 0.7% Latin America).
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 24 registered sex offenders living in Watseka, Illinois as of February 14, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Watseka to the number of sex offenders is 217 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,949 (2.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $2,057 (2.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lafayette, IN (51.8 miles , pop. 56,397).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Chicago, IL (73.7 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Woodland, IL (2.1 miles ), Crescent City, IL (2.5 miles ), Iroquois, IL (3.0 miles ), Sheldon, IL (3.0 miles ), Martinton, IL (3.1 miles ), Donovan, IL (3.1 miles ), Milford, IL (3.2 miles ), Beaverville, IL (3.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 14 buildings, average cost: $72,100
- 1998: 11 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 1999: 12 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2000: 12 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2001: 12 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2002: 12 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2003: 13 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2004: 13 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2005: 13 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2006: 11 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2007: 8 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2008: 7 buildings, average cost: $91,400
- 2009: 7 buildings, average cost: $78,600
- 2010: 2 buildings, average cost: $120,000
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $80,000
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $200,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 40.78 N, Longitude: 87.74 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,432 (+26.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,587 (66.5%)
Area code: 815
|Crime rates in Watseka by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||221.2||239.5||242.1||243.0||264.9||280.7||259.8||273.8||151.6||220.6||270.1||180.3||239.7|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Watseka detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.74|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +198 (+3.6%).
- Manufacturing (23%)
- Retail trade (21%)
- Construction (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Wholesale trade (5%)
- Public administration (4%)
- Health care and social assistance (31%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Other services, except public administration (11%)
- Manufacturing (9%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Production occupations (18%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (13%)
- Transportation occupations (11%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (7%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (25%)
- Sales and related occupations (11%)
- Healthcare support occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
Average climate in Watseka, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Watseka-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 83% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/6/1956, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 7.8 miles away from the Watseka city center injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/17/1963, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 33.8 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured 70 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Watseka-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Illinois state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 161.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 135.5 miles away from Watseka center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 193.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 159.2 miles away from the city center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 152.3 miles away from Watseka center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 269.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Iroquois County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 4
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Floods: 3, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snow: 1, Tornado: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Henry Bacon - Architect, Mary Margaret Whipple - Democrat politician, P. C. Cast - Fantasy writer, Gordie Windhorn - Baseball player, Rex Everhart - Actor, Sam Campbell (writer) - Nature writer.
Hospitals and medical centers in Watseka:
- IROQUOIS MEMORIAL HOSPICE (200 NORTH LAIRD LANE)
- IROQUOIS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 200 FAIRMAN STREET)
- FORD IROQUOIS PUBLIC HEALTH DE (114 NORTH 3RD)
- IROQUOIS HOME HEALTH (200 NORTH LAIRD LANE)
- IROQUOIS RESIDENT HOME, THE (200 FAIRMAN AVENUE)
- SUGAR CREEK CARE CENTER (900 NORTH MARKET STREET)
- WATSEKA REHAB AND HLTH CARE CTR (715 EAST RAYMOND ROAD)
Airports and heliports located in Watseka:
- Braden Farms Airport (Runways: 1)
- Dietchweiler Airport (Runways: 1)
- Songwood Inn Airport (Runways: 1)
- Iroquois Memorial Hospital Heliport
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Watseka:
- Kankakee Community College (about 24 miles; Kankakee, IL; Full-time enrollment: 2,969)
- Olivet Nazarene University (about 28 miles; Bourbonnais, IL; FT enrollment: 4,731)
- Danville Area Community College (about 46 miles; Danville, IL; FT enrollment: 2,229)
- Governors State University (about 47 miles; University Park, IL; FT enrollment: 4,043)
- Purdue University-Main Campus (about 50 miles; West Lafayette, IN; FT enrollment: 38,271)
- Prairie State College (about 53 miles; Chicago Heights, IL; FT enrollment: 4,050)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (about 54 miles; Champaign, IL; FT enrollment: 47,528)
Public high school in Watseka:
- Watseka Comm High School (Location: 138 S Belmont Ave; Grades: PK-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Watseka:
Notable locations in Watseka: Watseka Public Library (A), Watseka City Hall (B), Iroqouis County Historical Museum (C), Iroquois County Courthouse (D), Watseka Volunteer Fire Department (E), Iroquois Memorial Hospital Ambulance (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Chamberlain Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Sugar Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Watseka include: Peters Park (1), Forest Park (2), Kay Park (3), Legion Park (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Iroquois County Historical Society Museum (Historical Places & Services; 103 West Cherry Street).
Court: Iroquois County Offices - You May Dial Direct To The Following Departments- Circuit Court Cl (550 South 10th Street).
Drinking water stations with addresses in Watseka that have no violations reported:
- THE TOPPER (Population served: 92, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- MISS KAROLS (Population served: 90, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- JW KINGDOM HALL (Population served: 75, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- SHEWAMI COUNTRY CLUB (Population served: 70, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
(15.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 39.4% for Black residents, 23.8% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
20 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Watseka in 2000:
- 151 people in nursing homes
- 28 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere
- 24 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 24 people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill
- 24 people in schools, hospitals, or wards for the mentally retarded
- 13 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 3 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
Watseka compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Watseka (2011 data):
- Sumner National Bank of Sheldon: Watseka Branch at 698 East Walnut Street, branch established on 2005/07/20. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $16.5 mil, Deposits: $14.9 mil, headquarters in Sheldon, IL, positive income, 2 total offices
- MainSource Bank: Watseka Branch at 216 South Fourth Street, branch established on 1956/11/28. Info updated 2009/12/09: Bank assets: $2,729.1 mil, Deposits: $2,167.0 mil, headquarters in Greensburg, IN, positive income, 86 total offices, Holding Company: Mainsource Financial Group, Inc.
- The First Trust and Savings Bank of Watseka, Illinois: The First Trust And Savings Bank Of Watseka, Illinois at 120 East Walnut Street, branch established on 1909/06/28. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $216.6 mil, Deposits: $189.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: First Trust Holdings, Inc., The
- Iroquois Federal Savings and Loan Association: Iroquois Federal Savings And Loan As at 201 E Cherry St, branch established on 1883/01/01. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $482.6 mil, Deposits: $352.4 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 5 total offices
- The Edgar County Bank and Trust Co., Paris, Illinois: Watseka Branch at 141 Veterans Parkway, branch established on 1999/01/11. Info updated 2009/12/31: Bank assets: $312.6 mil, Deposits: $246.5 mil, headquarters in Paris, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: Edgar County Banc Shares, Inc.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Watseka, Illinois:
- Watseka Motel, 814 E Walnut St, Watseka, IL 60970 , Phone: (815) 432-2426
- Carousel Inn Motel, 1120 E Walnut St, Watseka, IL 60970 , Phone: (815) 432-4966
- Super 8 Motel, 710 W Walnut St, Watseka, IL 60970 , Phone: (815) 432-6000, Fax: (815) 432-6000
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (75%)
- Electricity (22%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Watseka city (based on Iroquois County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Iroquois County:||2.98 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iroquois County:||0.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Iroquois County:||3.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.27 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Police Protection - Officers||9||$40,160||$53,547||3||$1,924|
|Police - Other||0||$0||4||$272|
|Streets and Highways||3||$12,928||$51,712||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||0||$0||1||$1,740|
|Other and Unallocable||2||$5,628||$33,768||2||$213|
|Totals for Government||19||$74,985||$47,359||34||$24,630|
Watseka government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Regular Highways: $70,000 ($13.61)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $1,645,000 ($319.79)
Police Protection: $848,000 ($164.85)
Regular Highways: $826,000 ($160.58)
Financial Administration: $548,000 ($106.53)
Water Utilities: $316,000 ($61.43)
Solid Waste Management: $299,000 ($58.13)
Libraries: $240,000 ($46.66)
Welfare - Other: $212,000 ($41.21)
Sewerage: $189,000 ($36.74)
Fire Protection: $128,000 ($24.88)
Parks & Recreation: $100,000 ($19.44)
General Public Buildings: $41,000 ($7.97)
Own Hospitals: $1,000 ($0.19)
- Employee Retirement - Total Cash & Deposits: $613,000 ($119.17)
Securities - Corporate Bonds (market): $462,000 ($89.81)
Benefit Payments: $113,000 ($21.97)
Withdrawals: $14,000 ($2.72)
- General - Interest on Debt: $357,000 ($69.40)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,082,000 ($210.34)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $26,000 ($5.05)
Watseka government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $468,000 ($90.98)
Solid Waste Management: $203,000 ($39.46)
Parks & Recreation: $19,000 ($3.69)
All Other: $7,000 ($1.36)
- Employee Retirement - From Local Government: $110,000 ($21.38)
Interest Revenue: $56,000 ($10.89)
Local Employee Contribution: $35,000 ($6.80)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $209,000 ($40.63)
General Revenue, NEC: $117,000 ($22.74)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $295,000 ($57.35)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $1,860,000 ($361.59)
All Other: $267,000 ($51.91)
Highways: $156,000 ($30.33)
Water Utilities: $75,000 ($14.58)
- Tax - Property: $1,695,000 ($329.51)
Total General Sales: $571,000 ($111.00)
NEC: $23,000 ($4.47)
Watseka government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $440,000 ($85.54)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $6,797,000 ($1321.35)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $76,000 ($14.77)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $6,226,000 ($1210.34)
Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $409,000 ($79.51)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $124,000 ($24.11)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $523,000 ($101.67)
Water Utilities: $31,000 ($6.03)
Watseka government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $412,000 ($80.09)
- Employee Retirement - Total Other Securities: $215,000 ($41.80)
Total Federal Securities: $178,000 ($34.60)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $2,251,000 ($437.60)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $557,000 ($108.28)
4.37% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,271 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Kankakee County, IL||1.45% ($31,977 average AGI)|
|from Ford County, IL||0.34% ($31,025)|
|from Champaign County, IL||0.29% ($17,114)|
4.92% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,956 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Watseka:
- WGFA (1360 AM; daytime; 1 kW; WATSEKA, IL; Owner: IROQUOIS COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WIBC (1070 AM; 50 kW; INDIANAPOLIS, IN; Owner: EMMIS RADIO LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WVIV (1200 AM; 20 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLXX-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WOWO (1190 AM; 50 kW; FORT WAYNE, IN; Owner: PATHFINDER COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WILL (580 AM; 5 kW; URBANA, IL; Owner: UNIV. OF ILLINOIS BOARD OF TRUSTEES)
- WIND (560 AM; 5 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: TICHENOR LICENSE CORPORATION ("TLC"))
Strongest FM radio stations in Watseka:
- WGFA-FM (94.1 FM; WATSEKA, IL; Owner: IROQUOIS COUNTY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIVR (101.7 FM; KENTLAND, IN; Owner: MILNER BROADCASTING ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- WVLI (95.1 FM; KANKAKEE, IL; Owner: MILNER BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIBN (98.1 FM; EARL PARK, IN; Owner: BROTHERS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WHPO (100.9 FM; HOOPESTON, IL; Owner: MARKET STREET BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WONU (89.7 FM; KANKAKEE, IL; Owner: OLIVET NAZARENE UNIVERSITY)
- WKIF (92.7 FM; KANKAKEE, IL; Owner: SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Watseka:
- W34CD (Channel 34; QUINCY, IL; Owner: MS COMMUNICATIONS, LLC)
- WYIN (Channel 56; GARY, IN; Owner: NORTHWEST INDIANA PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WICD (Channel 15; CHAMPAIGN, IL; Owner: WICD LICENSEE, LLC)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
Watseka fatal accident list:
Feb 6, 1990 04:30 PM, Mulberry, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 2
Jul 12, 1988 09:20 AM, 1&24, Vehicles: 3, Persons: 4, Fatalities: 1
Aug 25, 1987 05:40 PM, North, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 2
Oct 1, 1987 06:50 AM, Mulberry, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Feb 20, 1982 06:55 PM, 24, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Dec 4, 1977 00:25 AM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 2, Drunken persons involved: 1
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 11m36ftTotal length
- $1,380,000Total costs
- 4,950Total average daily traffic
- 891Total average daily truck traffic
- 5,163Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in Watseka, IL)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 11 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 32 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Watseka)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 13 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Watseka)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 26
- Hazardous Condition: 21
- Good Intent Call: 1
Incident types - Watseka
|Most common first names in Watseka, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Watseka, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Watseka, IL|
Watseka on our top lists:
- #4 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Communications equipment operators (population 5,000+)"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Agricultural workers including supervisors (population 5,000+)"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (population 5,000+)"
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Paper (population 5,000+)"
- #23 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Communications equipment operators (population 5,000+)"
- #24 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in schools, hospitals, or wards for the mentally retarded"
- #38 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Engineers (population 5,000+)"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill"
- #58 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index increase from 2000-2002 average to 2006 (population 5,000+)"
- #79 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of workers with very short commute times (9 minutes or less) (population 5,000+)"
Total of 3 patent applications in 2008-2016.