|Median resident age:||46.8 years|
|Georgia median age:||39.7 years|
Zip codes: 31831.
Waverly Hall town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $92,440 (it was $78,900 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $808.
- White alone - 421 (57.3%)
- Black alone - 279 (38.0%)
- Hispanic - 20 (2.7%)
- Two or more races - 8 (1.1%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.5%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.4%)
Latest news from Waverly Hall, GA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Subsaharan African (13.7%), United States (11.6%), Irish (8.9%), English (7.8%), German (3.2%), Polish (2.6%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Elevation: 729 feet
Land area: 3.36 square miles.
Population density: 219 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Waverly Hall:
- High school or higher: 78.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 8.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.5%
- Unemployed: 2.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Waverly Hall town:
- Never married: 34.9%
- Now married: 37.1%
- Separated: 3.3%
- Widowed: 11.8%
- Divorced: 12.9%
27 residents are foreign born (1.2% Europe, 0.5% Asia).
According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 9 registered sex offenders living in Waverly Hall, Georgia as of May 24, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Waverly Hall to the number of sex offenders is 82 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $1,467 (1.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $589 (0.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Columbus, GA (17.9 miles , pop. 185,781).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Atlanta, GA (76.8 miles , pop. 416,474).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (653.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Shiloh, GA (3.0 miles ), Hamilton, GA (3.1 miles ), Talbotton, GA (3.4 miles ), Woodland, GA (3.5 miles ), Geneva, GA (3.6 miles) , Manchester, GA (3.7 miles ), Pine Mountain, GA (3.7 miles ), Warm Springs, GA (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 32.68 N, Longitude: 84.74 W
Area code: 706
|Crime rates in Waverly Hall by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 293.6)||20.1||92.9||152.9||79.5||144.3||302.4||59.4||145.4||43.3||100.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Waverly Hall detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||5.34|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Transportation and warehousing (21%)
- Construction (19%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (13%)
- Manufacturing (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Retail trade (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Accommodation and food services (32%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Retail trade (11%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (10%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (13%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Other food preparation and serving workers including supervisors (5%)
Average climate in Waverly Hall, Georgia
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Waverly Hall-area historical tornado activity is near Georgia state average. It is 37% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/5/1954, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 15.1 miles away from the Waverly Hall town center injured 7 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 4/18/1953, a category F3 tornado 17.7 miles away from the town center killed 8 people and injured 495 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Waverly Hall-area historical earthquake activity is near Georgia state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/29/2003 at 08:59:39, a magnitude 4.9 (4.4 MB, 4.6 MW, 4.9 LG, Depth: 12.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 135.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/2/1974 at 08:52:09, a magnitude 4.9 (4.3 MB, 4.9 LG) earthquake occurred 153.9 miles away from Waverly Hall center
On 1/18/1999 at 07:00:53, a magnitude 4.8 (4.8 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 0.6 mi) earthquake occurred 154.2 miles away from the city center
On 10/24/1997 at 08:35:17, a magnitude 4.9 (4.8 MB, 4.2 MS, 4.9 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 183.8 miles away from the city center
On 11/30/1973 at 07:48:41, a magnitude 4.7 (4.7 MB, 4.6 ML) earthquake occurred 219.9 miles away from Waverly Hall center
On 6/24/1975 at 11:11:36, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 193.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Harris County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Hurricanes: 3, Floods: 2, Storms: 2, Tornadoes: 2, Drought: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers in Waverly Hall:
Other hospitals and medical centers near Waverly Hall:
- FOUNTAIN CITY CARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; COLUMBUS, GA)
- COLUMBUS HOSPICE, INC. (Hospital, about 15 miles away; COLUMBUS, GA)
- WARM SPRINGS MEDICAL CENTER Critical Access Hospitals (about 15 miles away; WARM SPRINGS, GA)
- GEORGIA BAPTIST MERIWETHER NURSING HM (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; WARM SPRINGS, GA)
- WARM SPRINGS MEDICAL CENTER NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 15 miles away; WARM SPRINGS, GA)
- ROOSEVELT WARM SPRINGS REHABILITATION HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 15 miles away; WARM SPRINGS, GA)
- MUSCOGEE HOME HEALTH AGENCY (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; COLUMBUS, GA)
Airports located in Waverly Hall:
- Waverly Landing Airport (Runways: 1)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Waverly Hall:
- Columbus State University (about 18 miles; Columbus, GA; Full-time enrollment: 6,876)
- Columbus Technical College (about 19 miles; Columbus, GA; FT enrollment: 3,241)
- Gordon State College (about 43 miles; Barnesville, GA; FT enrollment: 3,336)
- Auburn University (about 45 miles; Auburn University, AL; FT enrollment: 22,741)
- Southern Crescent Technical College (about 48 miles; Griffin, GA; FT enrollment: 4,168)
- Fort Valley State University (about 51 miles; Fort Valley, GA; FT enrollment: 3,200)
- Georgia Southwestern State University (about 53 miles; Americus, GA; FT enrollment: 2,689)
Notable location: Waverly Hall Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Waverly Hall include: Pitts Memorial Church (A), Springfield Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoir: Storey Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 70.8. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 1.11. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 15.1 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 30.6. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 15.5. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 21.0 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 10.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.5 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2008 was 0.00438. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 17.3 miles away from the city center.
(8.6% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 19.0% for Black residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents)
|This town:||2.6 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
People in group quarters in Waverly Hall in 2010:
- 90 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 5 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
- 3 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
Waverly Hall compared to Georgia state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (47%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (33%)
- Utility gas (20%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Waverly Hall town (based on Harris County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 32.00%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||United Methodist Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)||Catholic Church|
|Name||Seventh-Day Adventist Church||American Baptist Association||Churches of Christ||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Harris County:||2.76 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||1.91 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harris County:||1.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Georgia:||0.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Harris County:||4.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.41 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||1||$2,405||$28,860||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$11,714||$28,114||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||2||$3,823||$22,938||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||8||$17,942||$26,913||18||$4,644|
Waverly Hall government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $78,000 ($106.12)
Water Utilities: $48,000 ($65.31)
Regular Highways: $43,000 ($58.50)
Sewerage: $32,000 ($43.54)
Central Staff Services: $18,000 ($24.49)
Financial Administration: $16,000 ($21.77)
Fire Protection: $14,000 ($19.05)
General - Other: $13,000 ($17.69)
Parks & Recreation: $8,000 ($10.88)
General Public Buildings: $7,000 ($9.52)
Judicial and Legal Services: $3,000 ($4.08)
Welfare - Other: $2,000 ($2.72)
- General - Interest on Debt: $7,000 ($9.52)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $113,000 ($153.74)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $3,000 ($4.08)
Waverly Hall government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $26,000 ($35.37)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $95,000 ($129.25)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $39,000 ($53.06)
Interest Earnings: $5,000 ($6.80)
Rents: $4,000 ($5.44)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $38,000 ($51.70)
- Tax - Property: $81,000 ($110.20)
Public Utilities: $26,000 ($35.37)
Other Selective Sales: $26,000 ($35.37)
NEC: $3,000 ($4.08)
Waverly Hall government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $56,000 ($76.19)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $138,000 ($187.76)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $135,000 ($183.67)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $52,000 ($70.75)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $4,000 ($5.44)
Other, NEC: $3,000 ($4.08)
Waverly Hall government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $314,000 ($427.21)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $105,000 ($142.86)
7.64% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($47,808 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Muscogee County, GA||3.30% ($50,117 average AGI)|
|from Troup County, GA||0.50% ($25,273)|
|from Lee County, AL||0.29% ($28,875)|
7.64% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($42,332 average adjusted gross income)
0.12% of residents moved to foreign countries ($657 average AGI)
Harris County: 0.12% Georgia average: 0.09%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Waverly Hall:
- WMAC (940 AM; 50 kW; MACON, GA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WGST (640 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WDAK (540 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGSE (720 AM; daytime; 8 kW; HOGANSVILLE, GA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WSB (750 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WGUN (1010 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WGUN, INC.)
- WCNN (680 AM; 50 kW; NORTH ATLANTA, GA; Owner: DICKEY BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WKNG (1060 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TALLAPOOSA, GA; Owner: WKNG, INC.)
- WRCG (1420 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: ABG GEORGIA, LLC)
- WMLF (1270 AM; 5 kW; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WMLB (1160 AM; 50 kW; EAST POINT, GA; Owner: ATLANTA AREA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WAOK (1380 AM; 50 kW; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WHAL (1460 AM; 4 kW; PHENIX CITY/COLUMBUS, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Waverly Hall:
- WVFJ-FM (93.3 FM; MANCHESTER, GA; Owner: PROVIDENT BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WJSP-FM (88.1 FM; WARM SPRINGS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WKZJ (95.7 FM; GREENVILLE, GA; Owner: DAVIS B/CASTING OF COLUMBUS, INC)
- WYFK (89.5 FM; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: BIBLE BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WCGQ (107.3 FM; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: ABG GEORGIA, LLC)
- WKEU-FM (88.9 FM; THE ROCK, GA; Owner: GEORGIA FOUNDATION OF PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEAM-FM (100.7 FM; BUENA VISTA, GA; Owner: DAVIS BROADCASTING INC., OF COLUMBUS)
- WALR-FM (104.1 FM; LA GRANGE, GA; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WSTH-FM (106.1 FM; ALEXANDER CITY, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGSY (100.1 FM; PHENIX CITY, AL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRLD-FM (95.3 FM; VALLEY, AL; Owner: ABG GEORGIA, LLC)
- WFXE (104.9 FM; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: DAVIS BROADCASTING)
- WOAK (90.9 FM; LA GRANGE, GA; Owner: OAKSIDE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL)
- WFRC (90.5 FM; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Waverly Hall:
- WJSP-TV (Channel 28; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: GEORGIA PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION)
- WTVM (Channel 9; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WLTZ (Channel 38; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: LEWIS BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WRBL (Channel 3; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WXTX (Channel 54; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - GEORGIA, L.L.C.)
- WCGT-LP (Channel 16; COLUMBUS, GA; Owner: COLUMBUS TELEVISION, INC.)
- WSWS-TV (Channel 66; OPELIKA, AL; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF OPELIKA)
- W55CR (Channel 55; ATLANTA, GA; Owner: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- W06BH (Channel 6; PHENIX CITY, ETC., AL; Owner: GREENE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Waverly Hall fatal accident list:
Jan 1, 1977 03:15 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 9, Fatalities: 6, Drunken drivers: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Waverly Hall)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- 608 Ga Hwy 36 (Lat: 32.700722 Lon: -84.699139), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 39.6 m, Overall height: 45.7 m, Call Sign: KAS597
Assigned Frequencies: 151.280 MHz, 159.285 MHz, 159.360 MHz, 159.390 MHz, 158.925 MHz, 154.280 MHz, 159.277 MHz, 159.330 MHz, 159.270 MHz, 159.255 MHz, 151.100 MHz, 151.115 MHz
Grant Date: 08/17/2005, Expiration Date: 11/08/2015
Registrant: Gta Gfc Harris Unit, Macon, GA 31202-0819, Phone: (478) 751-3500, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- Waverly Hall, 146 Highway 36 East (Lat: 32.694694 Lon: -84.699972), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 118.9 m, Overall height: 121.6 m, Call Sign: WQQC554
Assigned Frequencies: 6315.84 MHz
Grant Date: 10/25/2012, Expiration Date: 10/25/2022, Certifier: Charles Cleary
Registrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:7
- Call Sign: AF4OV, Previous Call Sign: KS4XD, Licensee ID: L00188665
Grant Date: 01/02/2004, Expiration Date: 03/29/2014, Certifier: Ted D Mc Cool
Registrant: Ted D Mc Cool, 12 Westview Dr., Waverly Hall, GA 31831
- Call Sign: KA4VHJ, Licensee ID: L00934235
Grant Date: 10/28/2004, Expiration Date: 01/26/2015, Certifier: James D Chapman
Registrant: James D Chapman, 8128 Hwy 208, Waverly Hall, GA 31831
- Call Sign: KC4TLQ, Licensee ID: L00269092
Grant Date: 07/18/2000, Expiration Date: 10/09/2010, Cancellation Date: 10/10/2012
Registrant: Clifton O Eckmann, 11531 Gahiway 85, Waverly Hall, GA 31831
- Call Sign: N4JTP, Licensee ID: L00280296
Grant Date: 12/03/2003, Expiration Date: 03/01/2014, Certifier: Hugh E Johnson
Registrant: Hugh E Johnson, 11531 Ga Hwy 85, Waverly Hall, GA 31831
- Call Sign: WA4OVU, Licensee ID: L01373131
Grant Date: 02/26/2008, Expiration Date: 04/08/2018
Registrant: Charles O Boothe Jr, 297 Whisperwood Ct., Waverly Hall, GA 31831
- Call Sign: KG4TYH, Licensee ID: L00535773
Grant Date: 03/26/2012, Expiration Date: 06/21/2022, Certifier: Timothy T Moore
Registrant: Timothy T Moore, 37 Pine Dr, Waverly Hall, GA 31831-3374
- Call Sign: KI4HZL, Licensee ID: L00950475
Grant Date: 12/10/2004, Expiration Date: 12/10/2014, Certifier: Ken R Strumpler
Registrant: Ken R Strumpler, 96 Crabapple Loop, Waverly Hall, GA 31831
FAA Registered Aircraft:2
- Aircraft: SLIP STREAM GENNIS (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: ROTAX 582 (65 HP) (2 Cycle)
N-Number: 3449 , Serial Number: 17, Year manufactured: 1996, Airworthiness Date: 07/04/2007
Registrant (Individual): William P Crowell, 1415 Pierce Rd, Waverly Hall, GA 31831
- Aircraft: CESSNA 172L (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: AMA/EXPR UNKNOWN ENG (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 3940Q , Serial Number: 17260040, Year manufactured: 1971, Airworthiness Date: 06/04/1981
Registrant (Individual): Ronald Patrick Sr Dacus, 20256 Ga Highway 315, Waverly Hall, GA 31831
|Most common first names in Waverly Hall, GA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Waverly Hall, GA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Waverly Hall on our top lists:
- #19 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Drugs and druggists' sundries, and chemical and allied products merchant wholesalers"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Apparel, piece goods, and notions merchant wholesalers"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of people in nursing homes"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Lawyers"