Wayne: This is a picture of the Wayne County Courthouse, it looks like a castle in the distance.
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||23.3 years|
|Nebraska median age:||36.1 years|
Zip codes: 68787.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $24,379 (it was $13,984 in 2000)
Wayne city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $116,299 (it was $80,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $164,865; Detached houses: $160,073; Mobile homes: $282,090
Median gross rent in 2015: $533.
Races in Wayne, NE (2010)
- 5,13890.8%White alone
- 1192.1%Black alone
- 551.0%Two or more races
- 380.7%Asian alone
- 200.4%American Indian alone
- 110.2%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 90.2%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Gender inequality today (or when higher earnings do not necessarily mean you do less laundry at home) Aug 23
- Professional services jobs are soaring, making it the fastest-growing industry Aug 21
- Internetification today Aug 19
- The fastest-growing sector in the West is dominated by one company Aug 17
- What matters more when it comes to moving between states: weather or taxes? Aug 15
Latest news from Wayne, NE collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (46.9%), American (8.4%), English (5.8%), Irish (5.1%), Danish (2.1%), African (1.9%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 02/2/1884
Elevation: 1456 feet
Land area: 2.19 square miles.
Population density: 2,548 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Wayne:
- High school or higher: 91.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 49.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 17.9%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wayne city:
- Never married: 49.5%
- Now married: 41.2%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 5.1%
- Divorced: 3.9%
261 residents are foreign born (2.8% Latin America, 1.6% Africa).
According to our research of Nebraska and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Wayne, Nebraska as of August 23, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Wayne to the number of sex offenders is 1,415 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $1,754 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $2,454 (2.0%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Sioux City, IA (36.6 miles , pop. 85,013).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Omaha, NE (85.1 miles , pop. 390,007).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (480.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Wakefield, NE (2.8 miles ), Winside, NE (3.0 miles ), Carroll, NE (3.1 miles ), Concord, NE (3.2 miles) , Dixon, NE (3.5 miles) , Laurel, NE (3.7 miles ), Emerson, NE (3.9 miles ), Allen, NE (3.9 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 17 buildings, average cost: $123,300
- 1998: 7 buildings, average cost: $156,100
- 1999: 9 buildings, average cost: $111,100
- 2000: 11 buildings, average cost: $149,400
- 2001: 10 buildings, average cost: $169,400
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $98,700
- 2003: 5 buildings, average cost: $166,000
- 2004: 8 buildings, average cost: $151,700
- 2005: 12 buildings, average cost: $166,300
- 2006: 5 buildings, average cost: $199,000
- 2007: 5 buildings, average cost: $91,600
- 2008: 13 buildings, average cost: $138,500
- 2009: 18 buildings, average cost: $154,100
- 2010: 9 buildings, average cost: $187,900
- 2011: 4 buildings, average cost: $161,300
- 2012: 15 buildings, average cost: $191,400
- 2013: 14 buildings, average cost: $162,200
- 2014: 17 buildings, average cost: $176,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.24 N, Longitude: 97.02 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +879 (+15.6%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 2,046 (71.6%)
Area code: 402
|Crime rates in Wayne by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 303.2)||156.0||143.6||159.9||201.9||176.3||138.6||196.1|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Wayne detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.26|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +354 (+6.8%).
- Educational services (26%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Accommodation and food services (8%)
- Wholesale trade (7%)
- Finance and insurance (7%)
- Construction (7%)
- Manufacturing (7%)
- Educational services (29%)
- Health care and social assistance (15%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Finance and insurance (8%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (4%)
- Sales and related occupations (10%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (10%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (9%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (8%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (8%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (23%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (13%)
- Sales and related occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (7%)
- Healthcare support occupations (5%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
Average climate in Wayne, Nebraska
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Wayne-area historical tornado activity is near Nebraska state average. It is 73% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/30/1954, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 18.6 miles away from the Wayne city center killed 6 people and injured 23 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/23/2003, a category F4 tornado 20.5 miles away from the city center killed one person and caused $4 million in damages.
Earthquake activity:Wayne-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Nebraska state average. It is 69% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 11/3/2002 at 20:41:56, a magnitude 4.3 (4.3 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 102.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 182.3 miles away from Wayne center
On 2/6/1996 at 15:10:28, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 33.0 miles away from the city center
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 703.1 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 242.4 miles away from Wayne center
On 10/25/1990 at 06:25:25, a magnitude 3.9 (3.6 MB, 3.9 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 130.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wayne County (11) is near the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 10
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 8, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 5, Winter Storms: 3, Winds: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Don Meyer - Basketball player-coach, Justin Sandy - 2005 NFL player (Tennessee Titans, born: Feb 22, 1982).
Hospitals and medical centers in Wayne:
airports located in Wayne:
- Wayne Muni/ Stan Morris Fld Airport (LCG) (Runways: 3, Air Taxi Ops: 600, Itinerant Ops: 1,100, Local Ops: 6,880)
College/University in Wayne:
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near Wayne:
- Northeast Community College (about 24 miles; Norfolk, NE; Full-time enrollment: 3,334)
- Western Iowa Tech Community College (about 39 miles; Sioux City, IA; FT enrollment: 3,544)
- University of South Dakota (about 39 miles; Vermillion, SD; FT enrollment: 7,328)
- Metropolitan Community College Area (about 85 miles; Omaha, NE; FT enrollment: 12,236)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha (about 86 miles; Omaha, NE; FT enrollment: 12,073)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center (about 87 miles; Omaha, NE; FT enrollment: 2,815)
- Creighton University (about 87 miles; Omaha, NE; FT enrollment: 5,370)
Public high school in Wayne:
- WAYNE HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 611 W 7TH ST, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Wayne:
- WAYNE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Location: 611 WEST 7TH STREET, Grades: 7-8)
- WAYNE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 312 DOUGLAS STREET, Grades: PK-6)
Private elementary/middle school in Wayne:
Notable locations in Wayne: Victor Park Campground (A), Wayne Grain and Feed Elevator (B), Heritage Plaza (C), Recreation Center (D), Carlson Natatorium (E), Rice Auditorium (F), Student Center (G), Peterson Hall (H), Greenhouse (I), Country Schoolhouse (J), Anderson Hall (K), Bowen Hall (L), Pile Hall (M), Conn Library (N), Old Power Plant (O), Connell Hall (P), Neihardt Hall (Q), Gardner Hall (R), Benthack Hall (S), Brandenburg Hall (T). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Wayne include: First Baptist Church (A), First United Methodist Church (B), First Presbyterian Church (C), Faith Baptist Church (D), First Church of Christ (E), Saint Marys Catholic Church (F), Praise Assembly of God Church (G), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (H), Calvary Bible Evangelical Free Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Greenwood Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Wayne include: Henry Victor Park (1), Bressler Park (2), Ashley Park (3), East Park (4), Sunnyview Park (5), Nebraska Street Park (6), East Park (7), Boy/Girl Scout Park (8), Viken Park (9). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Wayne City Recreation Dept (Recreation Areas; 202 N Pearl St).
Hotels: Super 8 Wayne NE (610 Tomar Drive), Sports Club Motel (900 East 7th Street), K-D Inn Motel (311 East 7th Street), Wayne Super 8 Motel (610 Tomar Dr.).
Courts: Wayne County - Judge- Wayne- County Court (510 North Pearl Street), Wayne County - Wayne- Clerk Of District Court (510 North Pearl Street).
(18.5% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 72.0% for Black residents, 17.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Wayne in 2010:
- 1,198 people in college/university student housing
- 44 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 20 people in group homes intended for adults
People in group quarters in Wayne in 2000:
- 1,070 people in college dormitories (includes college quarters off campus)
- 61 people in nursing homes
- 54 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 40 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Banks with branches in Wayne (2011 data):
- The State National Bank & Trust Company: The State National Bank & Trust Comp at 116 West First Street, branch established on 1892/01/01; Drive-In Walk-Up Facility at 1002 Main Street, branch established on 1975/01/25. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $121.9 mil, Deposits: $104.1 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: State National Bancshares, Inc.
- BankFirst: 220 West 7th Street Branch at 220 West 7th Street, branch established on 1886/01/01. Info updated 2006/10/05: Bank assets: $276.2 mil, Deposits: $224.4 mil, headquarters in Norfolk, NE, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 8 total offices, Holding Company: North Central Bancorp, Inc.
- The First National Bank of Wayne: The First National Bank Of Wayne at 411 East 7th Street, branch established on 1885/01/01. Info updated 2007/12/03: Bank assets: $35.2 mil, Deposits: $31.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices, Holding Company: First National Agency, Inc.
- F&M Bank: Farmers & Merchants State Bank Of Wa at 321 Main, branch established on 1990/11/16. Info updated 2010/10/06: Bank assets: $277.2 mil, Deposits: $246.0 mil, headquarters in West Point, NE, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 5 total offices, Holding Company: West Point Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Wayne city (based on Wayne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wayne County:||3.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Nebraska:||2.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||4.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||4.30 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.76 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Wayne, NE Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2013)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$19,249||$57,747||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||7||$31,868||$54,631||0||$0|
|Police - Other||6||$14,975||$29,950||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||3||$10,769||$43,076||2||$2,883|
|Parks and Recreation||2||$5,384||$32,304||12||$6,148|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||2||$868|
|Totals for Government||41||$157,755||$46,172||31||$22,448|
Wayne government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Parks & Recreation: $470,000 ($84.27)
Electric Utilities: $294,000 ($52.72)
Central Staff Services: $244,000 ($43.75)
Financial Administration: $188,000 ($33.71)
Sewerage: $108,000 ($19.37)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $3,388,000 ($607.50)
General - Other: $442,000 ($79.25)
Regular Highways: $435,000 ($78.00)
Police Protection: $342,000 ($61.32)
Parks & Recreation: $303,000 ($54.33)
Water Utilities: $261,000 ($46.80)
Fire Protection: $228,000 ($40.88)
Sewerage: $218,000 ($39.09)
Central Staff Services: $180,000 ($32.28)
Solid Waste Management: $147,000 ($26.36)
Financial Administration: $138,000 ($24.74)
Welfare - Other: $135,000 ($24.21)
General Public Buildings: $28,000 ($5.02)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $5,000 ($0.90)
- Electric Utilities - Interest on Debt: $22,000 ($3.94)
- General - Interest on Debt: $40,000 ($7.17)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $475,000 ($85.17)
Electric Utilities: $217,000 ($38.91)
Parks & Recreation: $123,000 ($22.05)
Water Utilities: $68,000 ($12.19)
Regular Highways: $55,000 ($9.86)
Central Staff: $45,000 ($8.07)
General Public Building: $44,000 ($7.89)
Police Protection: $40,000 ($7.17)
Sewerage: $37,000 ($6.63)
Financial Administration: $34,000 ($6.10)
Fire Protection: $27,000 ($4.84)
Protective Inspection & Regulation, NEC: $9,000 ($1.61)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $2,100,000 ($376.55)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $40,000 ($7.17)
Wayne government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $250,000 ($44.83)
Parks & Recreation: $197,000 ($35.32)
- Local Intergovernmental - General Support: $88,000 ($15.78)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $3,759,000 ($674.02)
Interest Earnings: $266,000 ($47.70)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $3,070,000 ($550.48)
Water Utilities: $251,000 ($45.01)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $307,000 ($55.05)
General Support: $260,000 ($46.62)
All Other: $160,000 ($28.69)
- Tax - NEC: $2,068,000 ($370.81)
Property: $610,000 ($109.38)
Total General Sales: $356,000 ($63.83)
Wayne government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Electric Utilities: $675,000 ($121.03)
Water Utilities: $675,000 ($121.03)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $675,000 ($121.03)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $640,000 ($114.76)
Water Utilities: $490,000 ($87.86)
Electric Utilities: $352,000 ($63.12)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Electric Utilities: $323,000 ($57.92)
Water Utilities: $185,000 ($33.17)
Other, NEC: $35,000 ($6.28)
Wayne government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $13,311,000 ($2386.77)
6.90% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,887 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Madison County, NE||1.11% ($23,500 average AGI)|
|from Dixon County, NE||0.49% ($28,733)|
|from Douglas County, NE||0.39% ($37,417)|
9.14% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,163 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Wayne:
- KTCH (1590 AM; 3 kW; WAYNE, NE; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KTIC (840 AM; daytime; 5 kW; WEST POINT, NE; Owner: WEST POINT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WNAX (570 AM; 5 kW; YANKTON, SD; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KWSL (1470 AM; 5 kW; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KSCJ (1360 AM; 5 kW; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: KSUX/KSCJ RADIO BROADCASTING CO)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KMNS (620 AM; 1 kW; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- KMMJ (750 AM; 11 kW; GRAND ISLAND, NE; Owner: JRK BROADCASTING, L.L.C.)
- WJAG (780 AM; daytime; 1 kW; NORFOLK, NE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wayne:
- KTCH-FM (104.9 FM; WAYNE, NE; Owner: WMMP, LLC)
- KWSC (91.9 FM; WAYNE, NE; Owner: WAYNE STATE COLLEGE)
- KXNE-FM (89.3 FM; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- WNAX-FM (104.1 FM; YANKTON, SD; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KNEN (94.7 FM; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: CENTRAL RADIO, INC.)
- KZEN (100.3 FM; CENTRAL CITY, NE; Owner: THREE EAGLES OF COLUMBUS, INC.)
- KEXL (106.7 FM; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: WJAG, INC.)
- KPNO (90.9 FM; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: THE PRAISE NETWORK INC.)
- KGLI (95.5 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CLEVELAND RADIO LICENSES, LLC)
- KWIT (90.3 FM; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: WESTERN IOWA TECH COMM. COLLEGE)
- KSUX (105.7 FM; WINNEBAGO, NE; Owner: KSUX/KSCJ RADIO BROADCASTING CO)
- KAYA (91.3 FM; HUBBARD, NE; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
TV broadcast stations around Wayne:
- KXNE-TV (Channel 19; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- KCAU-TV (Channel 9; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: CITADEL COMMUNICATIONS CO.LTD.)
- KSIN-TV (Channel 27; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KMEG (Channel 14; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: WAITT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KPTH (Channel 44; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: PAPPAS TELECASTING OF SIOUX CITY)
- KTIV (Channel 4; SIOUX CITY, IA; Owner: KTIV TELEVISION, INC.)
- K21ES (Channel 21; COLUMBUS, ETC, NE; Owner: DAVID C. BRODAHL)
- K35FM (Channel 35; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: WAITT BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K48CH (Channel 48; NORFOLK, NE; Owner: KTIV TELEVISION, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
Wayne fatal accident list:
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 4m13ftTotal length
- 8,870Total average daily traffic
- 494Total average daily truck traffic
- 12,616Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 73 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Wayne, NE)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 21 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 7 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 14 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Wayne)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 13 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Wayne)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Wayne and their reported violations in the past:ELK VALLEY OLYMPIC VILLAGE (Serves CO, Population served: 75, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 199 regular monitoring violations
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 15
- Hazardous Condition: 1
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Wayne
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Wayne, Nebraska:
- Super 8 Motel Wayne, 610 Tomar Dr, Wayne, Nebraska 68787 , Phone: (402) 375-4898, Fax: (402) 375-3798
- Cobblestone Hotel, 505 Tomar Dr, Wayne, Nebraska 68787 , Phone: (402) 833-1300, Fax: (402) 833-1400
|Most common first names in Wayne, NE among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Wayne, NE among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (63%)
- Electricity (35%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Wayne, NE|
|H&R Block||1||Super 8||1|
|Lane Furniture||1||U.S. Cellular||1|
Wayne compared to Nebraska state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of college students significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly above state average.
Wayne on our top lists:
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Africa, n.e.c. (population 500+)"
- #32 on the list of "Top 100 cities with highest percentage of college students (pop. 5,000+)"
- #75 on the list of "Top 100 cities with youngest residents (pop. 5,000+)"
- #91 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Educational services (population 5,000+)"
- #98 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Arts, design, entertainment, sports, and media occupations (population 5,000+)"
- #46 (68787) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of German first ancestries (pop 5,000+)"
Total of 4 patent applications in 2008-2017.