|Median resident age:||49.0 years|
|Vermont median age:||45.8 years|
Zip codes: 05151.
Weathersfield town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $182,205 (it was $94,300 in 2000)
- White alone - 2,742 (97.1%)
- Hispanic - 32 (1.1%)
- Two or more races - 29 (1.0%)
- Asian alone - 12 (0.4%)
- Black alone - 4 (0.1%)
- American Indian alone - 4 (0.1%)
- Other race alone - 2 (0.07%)
Ancestries: English (21.1%), French (15.1%), Irish (12.2%), United States (9.5%), French Canadian (9.0%), German (6.5%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 43.8 square miles.
Population density: 65 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Weathersfield:
- High school or higher: 86.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 19.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.8%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Weathersfield town:
- Never married: 16.7%
- Now married: 65.0%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 6.1%
- Divorced: 11.7%
57 residents are foreign born (1.1% Europe, 0.5% North America, 0.3% Asia).
According to our research of Vermont and other state lists there were 3 registered sex offenders living in Weathersfield, Vermont as of May 28, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Weathersfield to the number of sex offenders is 952 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Weathersfield town:||2.1% ($1,934)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Manchester, NH (57.9 miles , pop. 107,006).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (101.3 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (189.9 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Perkinsville, VT (1.7 miles) , Ascutney, VT (1.8 miles ), North Springfield, VT (2.2 miles ), Baltimore, VT (2.4 miles ), Claremont, NH (2.4 miles ), Springfield, VT (2.5 miles ), Windsor, VT (2.7 miles ), West Windsor, VT (2.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 6 buildings, average cost: $91,700
- 1998: 13 buildings, average cost: $101,700
- 1999: 15 buildings, average cost: $108,200
- 2000: 15 buildings, average cost: $116,800
- 2001: 14 buildings, average cost: $121,400
- 2002: 7 buildings, average cost: $130,700
- 2003: 9 buildings, average cost: $132,300
- 2004: 21 buildings, average cost: $138,500
- 2005: 22 buildings, average cost: $150,200
- 2006: 20 buildings, average cost: $171,000
- 2007: 12 buildings, average cost: $181,200
- 2008: 11 buildings, average cost: $182,400
- 2009: 6 buildings, average cost: $178,900
- 2010: 9 buildings, average cost: $165,900
- 2011: 5 buildings, average cost: $172,800
- 2012: 4 buildings, average cost: $184,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 43.38 N, Longitude: 72.46 W
Area code: 802
|Crime rates in Weathersfield by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 307.0)||213.5||37.9||20.2||48.4||37.2||69.1||68.8||124.4||49.1||52.0|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Weathersfield detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||0.35|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +88 (+3.3%).
- Construction (18%)
- Machinery (9%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (5%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (4%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Health care (21%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Food and beverage stores (6%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Machinery (4%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (3%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (7%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (4%)
- Carpenters (4%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Registered nurses (4%)
- Material recording, scheduling, dispatching, and distributing workers (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Sales representatives, services, wholesale and manufacturing (4%)
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks (4%)
Weathersfield-area historical tornado activity is above Vermont state average. It is 53% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/20/1968, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 26.0 miles away from the Weathersfield town center injured one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 7/9/1962, a category F2 (max. wind speeds 113-157 mph) tornado 1.1 miles away from the town center caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Weathersfield-area historical earthquake activity is near Vermont state average. It is 89% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 101.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi) earthquake occurred 98.6 miles away from Weathersfield center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 44.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 11:04:42, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, 3.7 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 97.9 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2000 at 08:46:55, a magnitude 4.0 (4.0 LG, 3.8 ML, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 97.9 miles away from Weathersfield center
On 6/17/1991 at 08:53:16, a magnitude 4.1 (4.0 MB, 4.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 123.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Windsor County (14) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Heavy Rain: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Tropical Storm: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Edgar J. Sherman - Politician, Aretas Blood - (1816-1897), railroad steam locomotive builder.
Hospitals and medical centers near Weathersfield:
- CEDAR HILL HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 5 miles away; WINDSOR, VT)
- VALLEY REGIONAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 7 miles away; CLAREMONT, NH)
- SPRINGFIELD HEALTH AND REHAB (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; SPRINGFIELD, VT)
- ELM WOOD CENTER AT CLAREMONT (Nursing Home, about 7 miles away; CLAREMONT, NH)
- MT ASCUTNEY HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 9 miles away; WINDSOR, VT)
- GILL ODD FELLOWS HOME (Nursing Home, about 12 miles away; LUDLOW, VT)
- CONNECTICUT VALLEY HOME CARE (Home Health Center, about 13 miles away; NEWPORT, NH)
Amtrak stations near Weathersfield:
- 5 miles: CLAREMONT (PLAINS RD.) . Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking.
- 8 miles: WINDSOR-MOUNT ASCUTNEY (WINDSOR, DEPOT AVE.) . Services: public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, intercity bus service.
- 13 miles: OKEMO (LUDLOW, OKEMO MOUNTAIN) - Seasonal Bus Station
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Weathersfield:
- Dartmouth College (about 24 miles; Hanover, NH; Full-time enrollment: 6,030)
- Keene State College (about 33 miles; Keene, NH; FT enrollment: 5,098)
- Castleton State College (about 40 miles; Castleton, VT; FT enrollment: 2,079)
- Franklin Pierce University (about 47 miles; Rindge, NH; FT enrollment: 2,139)
- Plymouth State University (about 47 miles; Plymouth, NH; FT enrollment: 4,838)
- NHTI-Concord's Community College (about 49 miles; Concord, NH; FT enrollment: 2,865)
- Norwich University (about 54 miles; Northfield, VT; FT enrollment: 4,221)
Notable locations in Weathersfield: Crown Point Country Club (A), Crown Point Camping Area (B), Running Bear Campground (C), Weathersfield Center (D), Ascutney Volunteer Fire Department (E), West Weathersfield Volunteer Fire Department (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Weathersfield include: Bow Church (A), Perkinsville Community Church (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Plain Cemetery (1), Weathersfield Bow Cemetery (2), Upham-Aldrich Cemetery (3), Tuttle Cemetery (4), Toles Cemetery (5), Hubbard Cemetery (6), Grout Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Cooks Pond (A), Stoughton Pond (B), Quarry Pond (C), Springfield Reservoir (D), North Springfield Reservoir (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
River: North Branch Black River (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Weathersfield include: Wilgus State Park (1), North Springfield Lake Recreation Area (2), Weathersfield Center Historic District (3), Little Ascutney State Wildlife Manage Area (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 66.9. This is about average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2001 was 4.62. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 6.3 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 24.7. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 6.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2002 was 13.3. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 6.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 6.35. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 6.4 miles away from the city center.
|This town:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.6% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Weathersfield compared to Vermont state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (74%)
- Wood (14%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (11%)
- Electricity (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Weathersfield town (based on Windsor County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 35.04%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||United Church of Christ||United Methodist Church||Episcopal Church||American Baptist Churches in the USA|
|Name||Unitarian Universalist Association||LDS (Mormon) Church||Jewish||Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Windsor County:||4.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|Windsor County:||1.23 / 10,000 pop.|
|Vermont:||1.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Windsor County:||7.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.40 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||14.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.52 / 10,000 pop.|
6.56% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($37,572 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved from foreign countries ($152 average AGI)
Windsor County: 0.04% Vermont average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Grafton County, NH||0.89% ($41,380 average AGI)|
|from Orange County, VT||0.55% ($27,801)|
|from Sullivan County, NH||0.43% ($29,991)|
6.58% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($41,378 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved to foreign countries ($457 average AGI)
Windsor County: 0.05% Vermont average: 0.06%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Weathersfield:
- WNBX (1480 AM; 5 kW; SPRINGFIELD, VT)
- WNTK (1020 AM; 10 kW; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: KOOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WTSV (1230 AM; 1 kW; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WGY (810 AM; 50 kW; SCHENECTADY, NY; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVNE (760 AM; daytime; 25 kW; LEICESTER, MA; Owner: BLOUNT MASSCOM, INC.)
- WPTR (1540 AM; 50 kW; ALBANY, NY; Owner: KIMTRON, INC.)
- WBIX (1060 AM; 40 kW; NATICK, MA; Owner: LANGER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Weathersfield:
- WVPR (89.5 FM; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT PUBLIC RADIO)
- WHDQ (106.1 FM; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WVRR (101.7 FM; NEWPORT, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WXKK (93.5 FM; SPRINGFIELD, VT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WJJR (98.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WZRT (97.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WEBK (105.3 FM; KILLINGTON, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WGLV (91.7 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INC)
- WHDQ-FM1 (106.1 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WEQX (102.7 FM; MANCHESTER, VT; Owner: NORTHSHIRE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WJAN (95.1 FM; SUNDERLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
- WMXR (93.9 FM; WOODSTOCK, VT; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WZSH (107.1 FM; BELLOWS FALLS, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WEVH (91.3 FM; HANOVER, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO INC)
- WKNE (103.7 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF NEW ENGLAND, LLC)
- WEVN (90.7 FM; KEENE, NH; Owner: NEW HAMPSHIRE PUBLIC RADIO, INC.)
- WXXK (100.5 FM; LEBANON, NH; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WVAY (100.7 FM; WILMINGTON, VT; Owner: GREAT NORTHERN RADIO, L.L.C.)
- WNTK-FM (99.7 FM; NEW LONDON, NH; Owner: SHEILA E. VINIKOOR)
- WJEN (94.5 FM; RUTLAND, VT; Owner: 6 JOHNSON ROAD LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Weathersfield:
- WVTA (Channel 41; WINDSOR, VT; Owner: VERMONT ETV, INC.)
- W17CI (Channel 17; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: UPPER VALLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- WNNE (Channel 31; HARTFORD, VT; Owner: HEARST-ARGYLE STATIONS, INC.)
- WEKW-TV (Channel 52; KEENE, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- W62AT (Channel 62; BELLOWS FALLS, VT; Owner: MT. MANSFIELD TELEVISION, INC.)
- W15BK (Channel 15; HANOVER, NH; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE)
- W10AC (Channel 10; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: CLAREMONT TELEVISION, INC.)
- W12AF (Channel 12; CLAREMONT, NH; Owner: CLAREMONT TELEVISION INC.)
Total length: 72 meters (236ft)
Total costs: $4,390,000
Total average daily traffic: 63,830
Total average daily truck traffic: 6,879
New bridges - Historical Statistics
- Before 1900: 2
- 1900-1909: 1
- 1910-1919: 0
- 1920-1929: 0
- 1930-1939: 2
- 1940-1949: 0
- 1950-1959: 0
- 1960-1969: 11
- 1970-1979: 0
- 1980-1989: 0
- 1990-1999: 0
- 2000-2009: 1
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Perkinsville Fire Station (Lat: 43.401194 Lon: -72.513417), Call Sign: KNDJ507
Assigned Frequencies: 46.0800 MHz
Grant Date: 06/05/1997, Expiration Date: 08/06/2002, Cancellation Date: 12/08/2002
Registrant: Weathersfield, Town Of, West Weatherfield Fire Station, Perkinsville, VT 05151, Phone: (802) 263-5309
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- STATION, Ascutney Substa (Lat: 43.400889 Lon: -72.419250), Overall height: 19.2 m, Call Sign: WAY493
Assigned Frequencies: 1975.00 MHz
Grant Date: 10/26/1995, Expiration Date: 10/26/2000, Cancellation Date: 01/28/2001
Registrant: Phone: (802) 773-9161
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 3
- Hazardous Condition: 1
State forum archive: