Marshall County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 35.5. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 10.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 16.6 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 18.3%
(12.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 68.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 0.0% for American Indian residents, 60.0% for other race residents, 94.7% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.4 people|
|Illinois: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 64.0%|
|Whole state: || 67.3%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 2.6%|
|Whole state: || 4.8%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Wenona, IL
Wenona compared to Illinois state average:
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage above state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Wenona (2011 data):
- Wenona State Bank: at 105 West First South Street, branch established on 1934/01/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $34.4 mil, Deposits: $27.7 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Wenona Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (85%)
- Electricity (14%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Marshall County Illinois:
Religion statistics for Wenona (based on Marshall County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 61.96%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Lutheran Church|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||United Church of Christ||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Here:||2.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|Marshall County:||0.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|This county:||7.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Marshall County:||10.92 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|State:||8.3%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Police Protection - Officers
|Streets and Highways
|Totals for Government
Wenona government finances in 2002:
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $5,000 ($4.74)
- Charges - Sewerage: $118,000 ($111.95)
All Other: $5,000 ($4.74)
- Current Operations - General - Other: $232,000 ($220.11)
Financial Administration: $179,000 ($169.83)
Water Utilities: $111,000 ($105.31)
Sewerage: $110,000 ($104.36)
Regular Highways: $101,000 ($95.83)
Police Protection: $52,000 ($49.34)
- General - Interest on Debt: $7,000 ($6.64)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $160,000 ($151.80)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $116,000 ($110.06)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Water Utilities: $125,000 ($118.60)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $69,000 ($65.46)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $47,000 ($44.59)
Water Utilities: $35,000 ($33.21)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $56,000 ($53.13)
Interest Earnings: $15,000 ($14.23)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $431,000 ($408.92)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $118,000 ($111.95)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $14,000 ($13.28)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $171,000 ($162.24)
Highways: $29,000 ($27.51)
- Tax - Property: $323,000 ($306.45)
Public Utilities: $75,000 ($71.16)
NEC: $10,000 ($9.49)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $217,000 ($205.88)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $10,000 ($9.49)
6.22% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($33,931 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.84% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($34,805 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Wenona:
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WLPO (1220 AM; 1 kW; LASALLE, IL; Owner: LASALLE COUNTY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WVEL (1140 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PEKIN, IL)
- WWFS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WVIV (1200 AM; 20 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLXX-AM LICENSE CORP.)
- WSPL (1250 AM; 1 kW; STREATOR, IL; Owner: MENDOTA BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wenona:
- WWGN (88.9 FM; OTTAWA, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- WBZG (100.9 FM; PERU, IL; Owner: MENDOTA BROADCASTING, INC)
- WALS (102.1 FM; OGLESBY, IL; Owner: LACO RADIO, INC.)
- WSTQ (97.7 FM; STREATOR, IL; Owner: MENDOTA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WYYS (106.1 FM; STREATOR, IL; Owner: MENDOTA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WRVY-FM (100.5 FM; HENRY, IL; Owner: WZOE, INC)
- WIVQ (103.3 FM; SPRING VALLEY, IL; Owner: MENDOTA BROADCASTING, INC)
- WSOG (88.1 FM; SPRING VALLEY, IL; Owner: SPIRIT EDUCATION ASSOCIATION, INC.)
- WAJK (99.3 FM; LA SALLE, IL; Owner: LA SALLE COUNTY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WKOT (96.5 FM; MARSEILLES, IL; Owner: LASALLE COUNTY BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WRVP (98.5 FM; EUREKA, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Wenona:
- WWTO-TV (Channel 35; LASALLE, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WYZZ-TV (Channel 43; BLOOMINGTON, IL; Owner: WYZZ LICENSEE, INC.)
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:
2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Wenona
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
16 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Rr 1 Box 92 (Lat: 41.040306 Lon: -89.049250), Structure height: 12 m, Call Sign: KSQ891
Assigned Frequencies: 47.0200 MHz, 47.1000 MHz, 47.1400 MHz, 47.3800 MHz
Grant Date: 10/09/1998, Expiration Date: 10/08/2003, Cancellation Date: 12/14/2003
Registrant: State Of Illinois, Department Of Transportation, 2300 South Dirksen Parkway, Room 009, Springfield, IL 62764, Phone: (217) 782-7234, Fax: (217) 782-1927, Email:
- 1.5 Mi E On Rt 17 (Lat: 41.061972 Lon: -89.020083), Call Sign: KKE705, Licensee ID: L00021271
Assigned Frequencies: 157.725 MHz
Grant Date: 02/05/2003, Expiration Date: 02/09/2013
Registrant: Randall Warner, Rr 1, Wenona, IL 61377
- Lat: 41.050028 Lon: -89.049250, Call Sign: WQAB555
Assigned Frequencies: 155.340 MHz
Grant Date: 04/28/2004, Expiration Date: 10/28/2004, Cancellation Date: 01/01/2005, Certifier: Robert G Morris
Registrant: Wenona Ambulance Service, Inc., 210 N. Chestnut St., Wenona, IL 61377-0708, Phone: (815) 853-0044, Email:
- Lat: 41.095306 Lon: -89.110639, Call Sign: WQIM216
Assigned Frequencies: 151.565 MHz, 151.595 MHz, 151.775 MHz
Grant Date: 03/14/2008, Expiration Date: 03/14/2018, Certifier: Michael L Salz
Registrant: Skylines Unlimited Inc, 100 Stone Church Road, Carlisle, PA 17015, Phone: (717) 218-5003, Fax: (717) 218-5005, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:
- TOLUCA BLACKTOP, 752 East 6th Road (Lat: 41.036111 Lon: -89.046500), Type: Tower, Structure height: 106.7 m, Call Sign: KNKK555
Assigned Frequencies: 454.075 MHz
Grant Date: 06/08/1999, Expiration Date: 04/01/2009, Cancellation Date: 05/23/2009, Certifier: Shawn E Endsley
Registrant: Usa Mobility Wireless, Inc., 300 Technology Drive #400, Plano, TX 75074, Phone: (972) 801-1626, Fax: (972) 801-1699, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: K9VWX, Licensee ID: L00634665
Grant Date: 10/30/2006, Expiration Date: 01/10/2017, Certifier: Donald W Hoge
Registrant: Donald W Hoge, 827 E Il 17, Wenona, IL 61377
- Call Sign: KA9HYG, Licensee ID: L00251178
Grant Date: 09/15/2004, Expiration Date: 12/14/2014, Certifier: Edward J Divora
Registrant: Edward J Divora, Rr 1, Wenona, IL 61377
- Call Sign: WA9BRH
Grant Date: 06/11/1997, Expiration Date: 06/11/2007, Cancellation Date: 06/12/2009
Registrant: Howard A Engler, 202 So Locust, Wenona, IL 61377
- Call Sign: WA9SNM
Grant Date: 02/02/1988, Expiration Date: 02/02/1998, Cancellation Date: 02/03/2000
Registrant: Walter J Wenzlaff, 205 N Spruce St, Wenona, IL 61377
- Call Sign: WB9IMN
Grant Date: 09/25/1996, Expiration Date: 09/25/2006, Cancellation Date: 09/26/2008
Registrant: William R Marston, 401 South Oak St, Wenona, IL 61377
- Call Sign: KC9CIQ, Licensee ID: L00563980
Grant Date: 08/28/2002, Expiration Date: 08/28/2012, Certifier: Matt G Gula
Registrant: Matt G Gula, 957 County Road 3100 E, Wenona, IL 61377-9696
- Call Sign: KC9IZY, Licensee ID: L01128340
Grant Date: 03/13/2006, Expiration Date: 03/13/2016, Certifier: Luke A Meyers
Registrant: Luke A Meyers, 2980 Wenona Rd, Wenona, IL 61377
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: AEROSTAR INTERNATIONAL INC RAVEN S-55A (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: None
N-Number: 28925 , Serial Number: S55A-3007, Year manufactured: 1986, Airworthiness Date: 04/09/1986
Registrant (Individual): Reported Sale, 111 E Elm St, Wenona, IL 61377
- Aircraft: CESSNA T182T (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds), Engine: LYCOMING TIO-540-AK1A (235 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6046G , Serial Number: T18208575, Year manufactured: 2006, Airworthiness Date: 06/22/2006
Registrant (Corporation): Oak State Products Inc, 775 State Rt 251, Wenona, IL 61377
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Wenona, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Wenona, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Wenona, IL|
|Burger King||1||Super 8||1|
|Pizza Hut||1||True Value||1|
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index increase from 2000-2002 average to 2006"
- #15 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of arson incidents in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #17 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of assaults in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #44 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest 2006 city-data.com crime index per resident, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index increase from 2005 to 2006"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Drugs and druggists' sundries, and chemical and allied products merchant wholesalers"