We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||54.5 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip code: 04654
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $18,109 (it was $11,314 in 2000)
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $101,852 (it was $60,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2015: All housing units: $148,176; Detached houses: $165,160; Townhouses or other attached units: $116,928; In 2-unit structures: $179,771; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $237,952; Mobile homes: $61,717; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $45,219
Races in Wesley, ME (2010)
- 9596.9%White alone
- 22.0%Two or more races
- 11.0%Asian alone
|Airline (Route 9) (7 replies)|
|Moving to Crawford, Maine (9 replies)|
|Their Back! (23 replies)|
|Fireflies In the North Woods? (13 replies)|
|**** ***** -vacation estates (5 replies)|
|The Weather..... (505 replies)|
Latest news from Wesley, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (24.6%), United States (11.4%), Italian (10.5%), German (7.9%), Irish (7.0%), Scottish (6.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 01/24/1833
Elevation: 447 feet
Land area: 50.1 square miles.
Population density: 2.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Wesley:
- High school or higher: 74.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 5.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.0%
- Unemployed: 9.1%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 16.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wesley town:
- Never married: 15.9%
- Now married: 54.5%
- Separated: 0.0%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 25.0%
2 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Wesley town:||1.0% ($633)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (156.4 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (249.1 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (423.0 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Northfield, ME (2.5 miles) , Crawford, ME (2.6 miles) , Cooper, ME (3.3 miles) , Alexander, ME (3.6 miles ), Marshfield, ME (3.8 miles ), Whitneyville, ME (3.8 miles ), Centerville, ME (3.8 miles) , East Machias, ME (4.0 miles ).
Latitude: 44.92 N, Longitude: 67.64 W
Unemployment by year (%)
Average climate in Wesley, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Wesley-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 46.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 300.2 miles away from Wesley center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 219.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 337.5 miles away from the city center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 38.0 miles away from Wesley center
On 9/16/1994 at 04:22:42, a magnitude 3.6 (3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 39.1 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Washington County (19) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 6
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 11, Storms: 10, Snows: 5, Winds: 2, Winter Storms: 2, Blizzard: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Landslide: 1, Snowfall: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wesley:
- University of Maine (about 51 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 57 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 114 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 125 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 156 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 157 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 160 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
Public elementary/middle school in Wesley:
- WESLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Location: 13 WHINING PINES, Grades: 1-4)
Notable locations in Wesley: The Pines (A), Wesley Volunteer Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Indian Lake (A), Little Seavey Lake (B), Otter Lake (C), Seavey Lake (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Barnard Brook (A), Seavey Brook (B), West Branch New Stream (C), Sam Hill Brook (D), Huntley Brook (E), Dudley Brook (F), Dan Hill Brook (G), Pineo Brook (H), Beaverdam Stream (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 2.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Wesley town (based on Washington County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Washington County:||4.89 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||1.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington County:||9.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||11.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
4.44% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($46,571 average adjusted gross income)
0.14% of residents moved from foreign countries ($798 average AGI)
Washington County: 0.14% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.56% ($25,985 average AGI)|
|from Hancock County, ME||0.38% ($33,364)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.29% ($38,176)|
4.37% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,225 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Wesley:
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDEA (1370 AM; 5 kW; ELLSWORTH, ME; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WALE (990 AM; 50 kW; GREENVILLE, RI; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WKOX (1200 AM; 50 kW; FRAMINGHAM, MA; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wesley:
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WMED (89.7 FM; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCRQ (102.9 FM; DENNYSVILLE, ME; Owner: WQDY, INC.)
- WNSX (97.7 FM; WINTER HARBOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WALZ-FM (95.3 FM; MACHIAS, ME; Owner: WILLIAM MCVICAR & ROGER HOLST, GEN. PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Wesley:
- W21BH (Channel 21; MACHIAS, ME; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WMED-TV (Channel 13; CALAIS, ME; Owner: MAINE PUBLIC BROADCASTING CORP.)
Wesley fatal accident list:
Sep 25, 1988 09:00 AM, 60566057, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
May 9, 1986 10:50 PM, 50585059, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in Wesley)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:8 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- Lat: 44.984917 Lon: -67.677667, Call Sign: WQVT886
Assigned Frequencies: 173.375 MHz, 173.375 MHzGrant Date: 05/07/2015, Expiration Date: 05/07/2025, Certifier: Michael CrabtreeRegistrant: Browns Communications, 162 Bangor Rd, Ellsworth, ME 04605, Phone: (207) 667-2254
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:3
- WESLEY, 1.2 Mi Ne Of (Lat: 44.965639 Lon: -67.649167), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 54.9 m, Overall height: 58.5 m, Call Sign: WPJD831
Assigned Frequencies: 6795.00 MHz, 6093.45 MHzGrant Date: 12/28/2010, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: John E RooneyRegistrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
- WESLEY DAY, Day Hill (Rt. 9) (Lat: 44.965556 Lon: -67.649222), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 57.9 m, Overall height: 62.8 m, Call Sign: WQSV559
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHzGrant Date: 11/21/2013, Expiration Date: 11/21/2023, Cancellation Date: 04/16/2015, Certifier: John MondayRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 2200 N Greenville Ave., 1w, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 234-7003, Fax: (972) 301-6893, Email:
- WESLEY DAY, Day Hill (Rt. 9) (Lat: 44.965556 Lon: -67.649222), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 57.9 m, Overall height: 62.8 m, Call Sign: WQXH608
Assigned Frequencies: 5945.20 MHzGrant Date: 03/08/2016, Expiration Date: 03/08/2026, Certifier: John E MondayRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 3300 E Renner Road, B3132, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (855) 699-7073, Fax: (972) 907-1131, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:2
- Call Sign: W1EL, Previous Call Sign: KA1GTR, Licensee ID: L01181246, Grant Date: 08/16/2006, Expiration Date: 11/04/2016, Registrant: Eric F Lowell, 48 Loon Road, Wesley, ME 04686
- Call Sign: KB1ERY, Licensee ID: L00186396, Grant Date: 12/16/2009, Expiration Date: 12/21/2019, Certifier: Steven L Ramsey, Registrant: Steven L Ramsey, 64 Loon Road, Wesley, ME 04686
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (49%)
- Wood (47%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
Wesley compared to Maine state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.