West Frankfort, Illinois
West Frankfort: Picture of West Frankfort Heights Cemetary
West Frankfort: house in west frankfort, Il - Emma Street
West Frankfort: Unity Free Will Baptist Church, West Frankfort
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||38.2 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.2 years|
Zip codes: 62896.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,968 (it was $14,671 in 2000)
West Frankfort city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $51,541 (it was $41,400 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2013: $575.
Races in West Frankfort, IL (2010)
- 7,85396.0%White alone
- 740.9%Two or more races
- 530.6%Asian alone
- 330.4%Black alone
- 240.3%American Indian alone
- 60.07%Other race alone
- 20.02%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
|Property Taxes-Denning Township-West Frankfort (9 replies)|
|West Frankfort, IL (4 replies)|
|Moving to Carbondale IL from SC (27 replies)|
|Illinois Trivia (10 replies)|
|Franklin County Illinois (13 replies)|
|Illinois...part of tornado alley, or not? (41 replies)|
Latest news from West Frankfort, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (25.1%), Irish (12.1%), English (11.3%), United States (7.9%), Italian (6.5%), Scottish (3.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 09/18/1901
Elevation: 401 feet
Land area: 4.75 square miles.
Population density: 1,697 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in West Frankfort:
- High school or higher: 82.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.3%
- Unemployed: 6.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 18.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in West Frankfort city:
- Never married: 23.9%
- Now married: 44.8%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 9.7%
- Divorced: 20.0%
85 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 25 registered sex offenders living in West Frankfort, Illinois as of May 30, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in West Frankfort to the number of sex offenders is 326 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $851 (1.8%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $684 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Evansville, IN (75.1 miles , pop. 121,582).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (87.6 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (280.5 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Orient, IL (1.8 miles ), Freeman Spur, IL (2.2 miles ), Johnston City, IL (2.3 miles ), Hanaford, IL (2.5 miles) , West City, IL (2.6 miles ), Mitchell, IL (2.6 miles ), Zeigler, IL (2.7 miles ), Benton, IL (2.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 15 buildings, average cost: $61,600
- 1998: 6 buildings, average cost: $110,800
- 1999: 16 buildings, average cost: $55,600
- 2000: 17 buildings, average cost: $61,400
- 2001: 11 buildings, average cost: $59,400
- 2002: 10 buildings, average cost: $38,800
- 2003: 5 buildings, average cost: $53,200
- 2004: 2 buildings, average cost: $90,000
- 2005: 10 buildings, average cost: $127,500
- 2006: 8 buildings, average cost: $58,800
- 2007: 3 buildings, average cost: $62,500
- 2008: 1 building, cost: $201,000
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $127,100
- 2010: 3 buildings, average cost: $74,000
- 2011: 3 buildings, average cost: $74,000
- 2012: 4 buildings, average cost: $74,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 37.90 N, Longitude: 88.92 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: -497 (-6.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 811 (28.4%)
Area code: 618
|Crime rates in West Frankfort by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 291.1)||350.2||347.8||268.0||247.2||225.7||217.4||245.7||374.8||373.0||473.3||179.2||123.2|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in West Frankfort detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.59|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -391 (-4.6%).
- Construction (17%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Transportation and warehousing (10%)
- Retail trade (8%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (6%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (29%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Finance and insurance (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Educational services (9%)
- Manufacturing (5%)
- Other services, except public administration (3%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (14%)
- Production occupations (13%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (7%)
- Computer and mathematical occupations (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (28%)
- Sales and related occupations (19%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (7%)
- Management occupations (6%)
- Personal care and service occupations (5%)
Average climate in West Frankfort, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
West Frankfort-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 78% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 12/18/1957, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 18.6 miles away from the West Frankfort city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 12/18/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 5.4 miles away from the city center killed 11 people and injured 200 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:West Frankfort-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 74% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 68.2 miles away from the city center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 60.7 miles away from West Frankfort center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 62.7 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 85.1 miles away from the city center
On 5/4/1991 at 01:18:54, a magnitude 5.0 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 104.8 miles away from West Frankfort center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 70.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Franklin County (7) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 5, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 3, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Clyde L. Choate - Army Medal of Honor recipient, Joe Wendryhoski - Football player.
Hospitals and medical centers in West Frankfort:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to West Frankfort:
- John A Logan College (about 14 miles; Carterville, IL; Full-time enrollment: 3,995)
- Rend Lake College (about 17 miles; Ina, IL; FT enrollment: 2,778)
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (about 21 miles; Carbondale, IL; FT enrollment: 14,539)
- Kaskaskia College (about 49 miles; Centralia, IL; FT enrollment: 3,867)
- Southeast Missouri State University (about 53 miles; Cape Girardeau, MO; FT enrollment: 9,678)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (about 61 miles; Paducah, KY; FT enrollment: 4,107)
- University of Southern Indiana (about 69 miles; Evansville, IN; FT enrollment: 9,532)
Public high school in West Frankfort:
Private high school in West Frankfort:
Public elementary/middle schools in West Frankfort:
Private elementary/middle school in West Frankfort:
User submitted facts and corrections:
- WPKC-FM 95.5, West Frankfort, IL. Owner: SIELPRA, Inc.
- Addition of FM radio station: WPKC, 95.5, West Frankfort, owned by SIELPRA, Inc.
Notable locations in West Frankfort: West Frankfort Water Works (A), West Frankfort Public Library (B), West Frankfort City Hall (C), West Frankfort Fire Department (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in West Frankfort include: Apostolic Faith Assembly Church (A), Assembly of God Church (B), Calvary Southern Baptist Church (C), Central United Methodist Church (D), Church of God (E), First Baptist Church (F), First Christian Church (G), First Church of God (H), First Church of the Nazarene (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Oddfellow Cemetery (1), Trinity Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Frankfort Area Historical Museum (2000 East Saint Louis Street).
Hotels: Americas Best Value Inn (1001 Factory Outlet Dr), Gray Plaza Motel (1010 West Main).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 55.4. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 30.9. This is about average. Closest monitor was 11.9 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 24.2. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 19.8 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.81. This is about average. Closest monitor was 20.6 miles away from the city center.
(23.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 71.4% for Black residents, 74.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 54.7% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in West Frankfort in 2010:
- 100 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 15 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
- 3 people in group homes for juveniles (non-correctional)
People in group quarters in West Frankfort in 2000:
- 111 people in nursing homes
- 16 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 2 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere
Banks with branches in West Frankfort (2011 data):
- Banterra Bank: 110 East Oak Street Branch at 110 East Oak Street, branch established on 1940/12/09. Info updated 2011/09/01: Bank assets: $1,103.3 mil, Deposits: $959.2 mil, headquarters in Marion, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 31 total offices, Holding Company: Banterra Corp
- First Bank: West Frankfort Branch at 605 West Main Street, branch established on 1964/12/11. Info updated 2007/12/04: Bank assets: $6,579.8 mil, Deposits: $5,800.6 mil, headquarters in Creve Coeur, MO, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 148 total offices, Holding Company: First Banks, Inc.
- Southern Illinois Bank: West Frankfort Branch at 404 South Logan Street, branch established on 2000/09/21. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $90.0 mil, Deposits: $81.8 mil, headquarters in Johnston City, IL, positive income, 4 total offices
- Bank of America, National Association: West Frankfort Branch at 212 West Oak Street, branch established on 1922/01/30. Info updated 2009/11/18: Bank assets: $1,451,969.3 mil, Deposits: $1,077,176.8 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5782 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for West Frankfort city (based on Franklin County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Franklin County:||1.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.08 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||0.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Franklin County:||5.58 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of West Frankfort, IL Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||1||$996|
|Police Protection - Officers||14||$59,302||$50,830||0||$0|
|Police - Other||7||$16,756||$28,725||0||$0|
|Fire - Other||0||$0||12||$1,699|
|Streets and Highways||7||$23,679||$40,593||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||3||$3,543|
|Totals for Government||52||$195,204||$45,047||26||$16,373|
West Frankfort government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $1,659,000 ($205.93)
Police Protection: $1,362,000 ($169.07)
Housing and Community Development: $850,000 ($105.51)
Regular Highways: $734,000 ($91.11)
Local Fire Protection: $654,000 ($81.18)
General - Other: $591,000 ($73.36)
Central Staff Services: $400,000 ($49.65)
Financial Administration: $360,000 ($44.69)
Solid Waste Management: $222,000 ($27.56)
Libraries: $116,000 ($14.40)
Parks and Recreation: $22,000 ($2.73)
- General - Interest on Debt: $70,000 ($8.69)
- Other Capital Outlay - Sewerage: $296,000 ($36.74)
Water Utilities: $163,000 ($20.23)
Central Staff Services: $149,000 ($18.50)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $2,470,000 ($306.60)
West Frankfort government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $603,000 ($74.85)
Solid Waste Management: $478,000 ($59.33)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $526,000 ($65.29)
General Local Government Support: $342,000 ($42.45)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $557,000 ($69.14)
Fines and Forfeits: $151,000 ($18.74)
Interest Earnings: $126,000 ($15.64)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,098,000 ($136.30)
- State Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $1,733,000 ($215.12)
All Other: $287,000 ($35.63)
Highways: $236,000 ($29.29)
- Tax - Property: $766,000 ($95.08)
Public Utilities Sales: $284,000 ($35.25)
Other License: $85,000 ($10.55)
West Frankfort government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $2,100,000 ($260.68)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $1,703,000 ($211.40)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $397,000 ($49.28)
West Frankfort government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $3,436,000 ($426.51)
5.02% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($29,065 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Williamson County, IL||1.35% ($29,015 average AGI)|
|from Jefferson County, IL||0.34% ($22,714)|
|from Jackson County, IL||0.30% ($21,326)|
4.95% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,617 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in West Frankfort:
- WFRX (1300 AM; 1 kW; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WDDD (810 AM; 10 kW; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WGGH (1150 AM; 5 kW; MARION, IL)
- WJPF (1340 AM; 1 kW; HERRIN, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMIX (940 AM; 5 kW; MOUNT VERNON, IL; Owner: WITHERS BROADCASTING CO OF ILLINOIS)
- WILY (1210 AM; daytime; 10 kW; CENTRALIA, IL; Owner: W. RUSSELL WITHERS, JR.)
- WMCL (1060 AM; 3 kW; MCLEANSBORO, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- WSM (650 AM; 50 kW; NASHVILLE, TN; Owner: GAYLORD ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)
- WCIL (1020 AM; daytime; 1 kW; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- KZIM (960 AM; 5 kW; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: ZIMMER RADIO OF MID-MISSOURI, INC)
Strongest FM radio stations in West Frankfort:
- WXLT (103.5 FM; CHRISTOPHER, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WDDD-FM (107.3 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WVZA (92.7 FM; HERRIN, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WQUL (97.7 FM; WEST FRANKFORT, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WCIL-FM (101.5 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: LYLE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WQRL (106.3 FM; BENTON, IL; Owner: DANA COMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
- WISH-FM (98.9 FM; GALATIA, IL; Owner: GALATIA FM JOINT VENTURE)
- WAWJ (90.1 FM; MARION, IL; Owner: AMERICAN FAMILY ASSOCIATION)
- WOOZ-FM (99.9 FM; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: ZIMMER COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WUEZ (95.1 FM; CARTERVILLE, IL; Owner: ZRG OF ILLINOIS, INC.)
- WBVN (104.5 FM; CARRIER MILLS, IL; Owner: KENNETH W. AND JANE A. ANDERSON)
- WDQN-FM (95.9 FM; DUQUOIN, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK, INC.)
- WXAN (103.9 FM; AVA, IL; Owner: HAROLD L. LAWDER)
- WSIU (91.9 FM; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WTAO-FM (105.1 FM; MURPHYSBORO, IL; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around West Frankfort:
- W15BU (Channel 17; JOHNSTON CITY, IL; Owner: THREE ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- WSIL-TV (Channel 3; HARRISBURG, IL; Owner: WSIL-TV, INC.)
- WSIU-TV (Channel 8; CARBONDALE, IL; Owner: BOARD OF TRUSTEES SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY)
- WDKA (Channel 49; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WDKA ACQUISITION CORPORATION)
- KFVS-TV (Channel 12; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- WPSD-TV (Channel 6; PADUCAH, KY; Owner: WPSD-TV, LLC)
- KBSI (Channel 23; CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO; Owner: KBSI LICENSEE L.P.)
- WTCT (Channel 27; MARION, IL; Owner: TRI-STATE CHRISTIAN TV, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 66m217ftTotal length
- 206,300Total average daily traffic
- 67,379Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:43 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in West Frankfort)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers in West Frankfort, IL)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:13 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:73 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in West Frankfort)
FAA Registered Aircraft Manufacturers and Dealers:1
- VINEYARD SUSAN C, 301 E Oak St, West Frankfort, IL 62896
Certificate: D004868 (Individual), Certificate Issue Date: 11/18/2011, Expiration Date: 11/17/2012
FAA Registered Aircraft:3
- Aircraft: CESSNA 170B (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR C145 SERIES (145 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 2485D , Serial Number: 20637, Year manufactured: 1952, Airworthiness Date: 10/12/1955
Registrant (Individual): Todd G Greiner, 17510 Route 37, West Frankfort, IL 62896
- Aircraft: CESSNA 150L (Category: Land, Seats: 2, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 90 mph), Engine: CONT MOTOR 0-200 SERIES (100 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6710G , Serial Number: 15072210, Year manufactured: 1970, Airworthiness Date: 09/23/1970
Registrant (Individual): Dale E Shelton, 14687 Gossett Rd, West Frankfort, IL 62896
- Aircraft: BRIEGLEB BG-12B (Category: Land, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 60 mph), Engine: None
N-Number: 9015 , Serial Number: 150, Year manufactured: 1969, Airworthiness Date: 06/14/1978
Registrant (Individual): Bob D Thomas, 510 N Illinois Ave, West Frankfort, IL 62896
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 74
- Hazardous Condition: 13
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - West Frankfort
Fire-safe hotels and motels in West Frankfort, Illinois:
- Gray Plaza Motel, 1010 W Main St, West Frankfort, Illinois 62896 , Phone: (618) 932-3116
- America's Best Value Inn, 1001 Factory Outlet Blvd, West Frankfort, Illinois 62896 , Phone: (618) 932-2171, Fax: (618) 932-2019
|Most common first names in West Frankfort, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in West Frankfort, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (64%)
- Electricity (35%)
- Wood (1%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
|Businesses in West Frankfort, IL|
|Dairy Queen||1||Long John Silver's||1|
|Fashion Bug||1||Pizza Hut||1|
West Frankfort compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
West Frankfort on our top lists:
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest percentage of divorced people (15+ years)(population 5,000+)"
- #10 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index decrease from 2011 to 2012 (population 5,000+)"
Total of 15 patent applications in 2008-2016.