We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||51.6 years|
|Maine median age:||43.0 years|
Zip codes: 04424.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $17,916 (it was $11,493 in 2000)
Weston town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $115,210 (it was $68,100 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2016: All housing units: $125,039; Detached houses: $133,261; Townhouses or other attached units: $227,405; In 2-unit structures: $202,827; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $29,654; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $218,247; Mobile homes: $46,901; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $121,366
Races in Weston, ME (2010)
- 21694.7%White alone
- 31.3%Two or more races
- 20.9%American Indian alone
- 20.9%Asian alone
- 10.4%Black alone
|portland, me vs. burlington, vt (16 replies)|
|A few pictures form the drive to Houlton Sunday. (3 replies)|
|So what is wrong with white bread?? (67 replies)|
|Maine Deer hunting update (231 replies)|
|Deep Thoughts (1103 replies)|
|Quick help for tomorrow please if you can? (15 replies)|
Latest news from Weston, ME collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: English (25.1%), Irish (13.3%), Scottish (13.3%), German (10.8%), French (8.9%), Dutch (3.4%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Incorporated on 03/17/1835
Elevation: 717 feet
Land area: 30.5 square miles.
Population density: 7.5 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Weston:
- High school or higher: 79.3%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.4%
- Unemployed: 12.3%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Weston town:
- Never married: 16.4%
- Now married: 64.8%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 3.8%
- Divorced: 13.8%
10 residents are foreign born (3.0% North America, 2.0% Latin America).
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Weston town:||0.8% ($527)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Portland, ME (185.6 miles , pop. 64,249).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Boston, MA (285.3 miles , pop. 589,141).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Bronx, NY (453.3 miles , pop. 1,332,650).
Nearest cities: Orient, ME (2.3 miles) , Bancroft, ME (2.5 miles) , Danforth, ME (2.6 miles ), Haynesville, ME (2.8 miles) , Amity, ME (3.7 miles) , Hodgdon, ME (4.7 miles ), Topsfield, ME (4.7 miles ), Linneus, ME (4.8 miles ).
Latitude: 45.74 N, Longitude: 67.87 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 207
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (41%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (14%)
- Construction (8%)
- Wood products (8%)
- Professional and commercial equipment and supplies merchant wholesalers (8%)
- Truck transportation (5%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (5%)
- Health care (41%)
- Accommodation and food services (26%)
- Educational services (18%)
- Pharmacies and drug stores (6%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (24%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (16%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (14%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (14%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (11%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (8%)
- Life and physical scientists (5%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (15%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (12%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (12%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (12%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists (6%)
Average climate in Weston, Maine
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Weston-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Maine state average. It is 94% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 10/3/2006 at 00:07:38, a magnitude 4.3 (3.8 MB, 3.8 MW, 4.3 LG, Depth: 4.0 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 97.3 miles away from the city center
On 4/20/2002 at 10:50:47, a magnitude 5.2 (5.2 MB, 4.2 MS, 5.2 MW, 5.0 MW, Depth: 6.8 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 298.1 miles away from Weston center
On 7/14/2006 at 09:34:49, a magnitude 4.0 (3.5 MW, 4.0 LG, Depth: 14.9 mi) earthquake occurred 90.8 miles away from the city center
On 10/7/1983 at 10:18:46, a magnitude 5.3 (5.1 MB, 5.3 LG, 5.1 ML) earthquake occurred 340.4 miles away from the city center
On 1/19/1982 at 00:14:42, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 MD, 4.5 LG) earthquake occurred 240.1 miles away from Weston center
On 9/16/1994 at 07:01:54, a magnitude 3.6 (3.5 LG, 3.6 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 34.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), duration magnitude (MD), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Aroostook County (21) is a lot greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 9
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 10, Storms: 8, Snows: 7, Heavy Rains: 2, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Ice Storm: 1, Snowfall: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1, Other: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Weston:
- University of Maine (about 71 miles; Orono, ME; Full-time enrollment: 8,931)
- Husson University (about 78 miles; Bangor, ME; FT enrollment: 2,421)
- University of Maine at Farmington (about 134 miles; Farmington, ME; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- University of Maine at Augusta (about 136 miles; Augusta, ME; FT enrollment: 3,204)
- Saint Joseph's College of Maine (about 185 miles; Standish, ME; FT enrollment: 2,010)
- Southern Maine Community College (about 186 miles; South Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 4,666)
- University of Southern Maine (about 186 miles; Portland, ME; FT enrollment: 6,647)
Notable locations in Weston: Grand Lake Grange (A), Dark Cove (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Weston: Weston Community Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Butterfield Cemetery (1), Brackett Cemetery (2), Selden Cemetery (3), Trout Brook Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes: Grand Lake (A), Brackett Lake (B), Dingey Pond (C), Faulkner Lake (D), Longfellow Lake (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Deering Brook (A). Display/hide its location on the map
|This town:||2.0 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Weston town (based on Aroostook County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Aroostook County:||4.03 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||2.22 / 10,000 pop.|
|Maine:||2.20 / 10,000 pop.|
|Aroostook County:||7.78 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||5.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||11.02 / 10,000 pop.|
3.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,766 average adjusted gross income)
0.08% of residents moved from foreign countries ($1,181 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.08% Maine average: 0.04%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Penobscot County, ME||0.46% ($28,764 average AGI)|
|from Cumberland County, ME||0.20% ($23,132)|
|from Hartford County, CT||0.09% ($34,920)|
3.74% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,623 average adjusted gross income)
0.11% of residents moved to foreign countries ($830 average AGI)
Aroostook County: 0.11% Maine average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Weston:
- WREM (710 AM; daytime; 5 kW; MONTICELLO, ME; Owner: ALLAN H WEINER)
- WZON (620 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: THE ZONE CORPORATION)
- WFST (600 AM; 5 kW; CARIBOU, ME; Owner: NORTHERN BROADCAST MINISTRIES, INC.)
- WRKO (680 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WEGP (1390 AM; 5 kW; PRESQUE ISLE, ME; Owner: DECELLES/SMITH MEDIA, INC.)
- WABI (910 AM; 5 kW; BANGOR, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WSKW (1160 AM; 10 kW; SKOWHEGAN, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN WIRELESS, INCORPORATED)
- WEEI (850 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: ENTERCOM BOSTON LICENSE, LLC)
- WNNZ (640 AM; 50 kW; WESTFIELD, MA; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WBZ (1030 AM; 50 kW; BOSTON, MA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WCRN (830 AM; 50 kW; WORCESTER, MA; Owner: CARTER BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- WCHP (760 AM; 35 kW; CHAMPLAIN, NY; Owner: CHAMPLAIN RADIO, INC.)
- WTME (780 AM; 10 kW; RUMFORD, ME; Owner: MOUNTAIN VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Weston:
- WHCF (88.5 FM; BANGOR, ME; Owner: BANGOR BAPTIST CHURCH)
- WVOM (103.9 FM; HOWLAND, ME; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- WHOU-FM (100.1 FM; HOULTON, ME; Owner: COUNTY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Weston:
- W17BJ (Channel 17; DANFORTH, ME; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Weston fatal accident list:
Apr 24, 1989 07:25 PM, 60046005, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:2
- Partridge Lane (Lat: 45.689639 Lon: -67.854722), Type: Tower, Structure height: 36.6 m, Overall height: 42.6 m, Call Sign: WQLR821
Assigned Frequencies: 4980.00 MHzGrant Date: 04/09/2010, Expiration Date: 04/09/2020, Certifier: Larry HaywardRegistrant: Pct Communications, Calais, ME 04619, Phone: (207) 454-2174, Fax: (207) 454-7050, Email:
- WESTON BIDP, Partridge Ln (Lat: 45.689639 Lon: -67.854722), Type: Mtower, Structure height: 36.5 m, Overall height: 42.5 m, Call Sign: WGP684
Assigned Frequencies: 154.280 MHzGrant Date: 08/03/2011, Expiration Date: 07/10/2021Registrant: Pct Communications, 483 North St, Calais, ME 04619, Phone: (207) 454-2174, Fax: (207) 454-7050, Email:
Drinking water stations with addresses in Weston and their reported violations in the past:RIDEOUTS LODGE AND COTTAGES LLC (Population served: 60, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- 3 routine major monitoring violations
- One regular monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
- Hazardous Condition: 1
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (86%)
- Wood (12%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
Weston compared to Maine state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.