Doniphan County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 34.7%
(35.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Black residents, 22.2% for American Indian residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.0 people|
|Kansas: || 2.5 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 51.2%|
|Whole state: || 66.0%|
No gay or lesbian households reported
|This city: || 7.0%|
|Whole state: || 5.8%|
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in White Cloud, KS
White Cloud compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in White Cloud (2011 data):
- The Girard National Bank: White Cloud Branch at 100 Main St, branch established on 1883/01/01. Info updated 2007/09/28: Bank assets: $512.7 mil, Deposits: $395.5 mil, headquarters in Girard, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 14 total offices, Holding Company: Gn Bankshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (42%)
- Electricity (33%)
- Wood (15%)
- Utility gas (9%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for White Cloud (based on Doniphan County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 49.27%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Community Church of Christ|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Lutheran Church||Assemblies of God||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|This county:||6.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||1.96 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Doniphan County:||6.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Doniphan County:||5.15 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Adult obesity rate:
|Kansas:||27.9%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Totals for Government
White Cloud government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - All Other: $6,000 ($34.29)
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $25,000 ($142.86)
General - Other: $23,000 ($131.43)
Regular Highways: $15,000 ($85.71)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $1,000 ($5.71)
Interest Earnings: $1,000 ($5.71)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $36,000 ($205.71)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $23,000 ($131.43)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $7,000 ($40.00)
General Support: $3,000 ($17.14)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $8,000 ($45.71)
Property: $5,000 ($28.57)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $11,000 ($62.86)
6.70% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($29,131 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
6.41% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($26,148 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in White Cloud:
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KFEQ (680 AM; 5 kW; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KKAR (1290 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KKHK (1250 AM; 25 kW; KANSAS CITY, KS)
- KCMO (710 AM; 10 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA KANSAS CITY PARTNERSHIP)
- KSFT (1550 AM; 5 kW; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC)
- KYFR (920 AM; 5 kW; SHENANDOAH, IA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KTNC (1230 AM; 1 kW; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: C.R. COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KYDZ (1180 AM; 25 kW; BELLEVUE, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WIBW (580 AM; 5 kW; TOPEKA, KS; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in White Cloud:
- KKJO-FM (105.5 FM; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC)
- KSJQ (92.7 FM; SAVANNAH, MO; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- K219CE (91.7 FM; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMM.)
- KLZA (101.3 FM; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: KNZA, INC)
- KNZA (103.9 FM; HIAWATHA, KS; Owner: KNZA, INC.)
- KAIR-FM (93.7 FM; HORTON, KS; Owner: KNZA INC.)
TV broadcast stations around White Cloud:
- KQTV (Channel 2; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF THE MIDWEST, INC.)
- KTAJ (Channel 16; ST. JOSEPH, MO; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- K46FG (Channel 46; FALLS CITY, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA EDTV COMMISSION)
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 2
Total length: 5 meters (16ft)
Total average daily traffic: 60
Total average daily truck traffic: 8
Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic: 120
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
- ROY D AYERS, On Fas 67 Near West City Limits (Lat: 39.973611 Lon: -95.309694), Type: 63.7, Overall height: 62.5 m
Registrant: 9137914575, Roy.Ayers@mail.Sprint.Com
- Roy D Ayers, On Fas 67 Near West City Limits (Lat: 39.973611 Lon: -95.309694), Type: 63.7, Overall height: 62.5 m
Registrant: 9137914575, Roy.Ayers@mail.Sprint.Com, 600 NEW CENTURY PARKWAY
- Fas 67 At W City Limits (Lat: 39.973611 Lon: -95.538056), Type: 63.7, Overall height: 62.4 m
Registrant: 9137914575, , 600 NEW CENTURY PKY
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- 10 Mi N Of Us 36 On Hwy 7 (Lat: 39.982222 Lon: -95.290250), Call Sign: KWD826, Licensee ID: L00023994
Assigned Frequencies: 153.035 MHz
Grant Date: 02/08/1999, Expiration Date: 04/19/2004, Cancellation Date: 05/07/2003
Registrant: White Cloud Grain Co Inc, Box 276, Hiawatha, KS 66434
- 101 Hwy 7 (Lat: 39.977750 Lon: -95.294139), Type: Silo, Structure height: 35 m, Overall height: 41 m, Call Sign: WNFQ371
Assigned Frequencies: 153.035 MHz
Grant Date: 04/12/2001, Expiration Date: 02/22/2011, Cancellation Date: 04/30/2011
Registrant: Midwest Mobile Radio Service, 812 South 10th St, St Joseph, MO 64601-3694, Phone: (816) 279-2065, Fax: (816) 233-8862
- 7 Mi N Hwy 36 On Rulo Rd 1 Mi E (Lat: 39.968056 Lon: -95.400528), Call Sign: WRQ724, Licensee ID: L00106622
Assigned Frequencies: 151.565 MHz
Grant Date: 05/30/2001, Expiration Date: 07/17/2011, Cancellation Date: 09/17/2011
Registrant: Dean Wegener, 210 N 6th, Hiawatha, KS 66434, Phone: (913) 742-7887
- 1/2 Blk E Of Fas 205 & 2 Blks N (Lat: 39.970556 Lon: -95.298306), Call Sign: WNVB867, Licensee ID: L01081864
Assigned Frequencies: 154.456 MHz
Grant Date: 11/09/2005, Expiration Date: 12/19/2015
Registrant: City Of White Cloud, White Cloud, KS 66094, Phone: (785) 595-6635
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- WHITE CLOUD, Fas 67 West City Limits (Lat: 39.973583 Lon: -95.309694), Overall height: 63.7 m, Call Sign: WMS471, Licensee ID: L00121080
Assigned Frequencies: 2165.20 MHz
Grant Date: 10/24/1994, Expiration Date: 02/01/2001, Cancellation Date: 06/07/2000
Registrant: United Telephone Company Of Kansas, Inc., 600 Industrial Parkway, Industrial Airport, KS 66031
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: WD0Y, Licensee ID: L01290829
Grant Date: 06/05/2007, Expiration Date: 08/29/2017, Certifier: Norris N Loyd
Registrant: Norris N Loyd, 2322 Ash Point Rd, White Cloud, KS 66094-4202
- Call Sign: KC0JAI, Licensee ID: L00293605
Grant Date: 10/24/2000, Expiration Date: 10/24/2010, Cancellation Date: 09/18/2001, Certifier: Dale H Hueske
Registrant: Dale H Hueske, 2585 Hwy K 7, White Cloud, KS 66094
- Call Sign: WB0NGF, Previous Call Sign: KC0JAI, Licensee ID: L00293605
Grant Date: 09/18/2001, Expiration Date: 09/18/2011, Certifier: Dale H Hueske
Registrant: Dale H Hueske, 2585 Hwy K 7, White Cloud, KS 66094
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in White Cloud, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in White Cloud, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
White Cloud on our top lists:
- #21 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Truck transportation"
- #30 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Used merchandise, gift, novelty, and souvenir, and other miscellaneous stores"
- #35 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Arts, entertainment, and recreation"
- #41 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Other health diagnosing and treating practitioners and technical occupations"
- #42 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Farm product raw material merchant wholesalers"
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Arts, entertainment, and recreation"