|Median resident age:||41.8 years|
|Illinois median age:||39.6 years|
Zip codes: 62092.
White Hall city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $51,323 (it was $39,000 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2012: $454.
- White alone - 2,484 (98.6%)
- Hispanic - 13 (0.5%)
- Two or more races - 11 (0.4%)
- American Indian alone - 8 (0.3%)
- Asian alone - 3 (0.1%)
- Black alone - 1 (0.04%)
Latest news from White Hall, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (21.0%), United States (18.9%), Irish (16.2%), English (14.0%), Polish (2.8%), Dutch (1.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 03/25/1884
Elevation: 575 feet
Land area: 2.58 square miles.
Population density: 960 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in White Hall:
- High school or higher: 80.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 9.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 3.3%
- Unemployed: 8.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 27.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in White Hall city:
- Never married: 24.9%
- Now married: 50.4%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 14.4%
29 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 6 registered sex offenders living in White Hall, Illinois as of May 22, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in White Hall to the number of sex offenders is 411 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2012: $894 (1.6%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2012: $855 (1.5%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Florissant, MO (44.6 miles , pop. 50,497).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Louis, MO (56.8 miles , pop. 348,189).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (219.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Roodhouse, IL (1.8 miles ), Hillview, IL (2.7 miles) , Manchester, IL (2.8 miles ), Alsey, IL (2.9 miles ), Glasgow, IL (3.0 miles) , Carrollton, IL (3.1 miles ), Pearl, IL (3.5 miles) , Greenfield, IL (3.5 miles ).
Latitude: 39.44 N, Longitude: 90.40 W
Area code: 217
|Crime rates in White Hall by Year|
|City-data.com crime rate (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 301.1)||487.8||389.2||211.0||214.4||230.2||209.1||249.7||120.8||122.3||57.2||92.9||356.6||219.4|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in White Hall detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.00|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -206 (-7.3%).
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Information (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Retail trade (17%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Accommodation and food services (10%)
- Educational services (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (5%)
- Public administration (5%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (6%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (5%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (9%)
- Health technologists and technicians (9%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Cooks and food preparation workers (5%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (4%)
Average climate in White Hall, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
White Hall-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 63% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/1/1983, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 11.9 miles away from the White Hall city center injured 15 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
On 6/14/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 43.0 miles away from the city center killed 2 people and injured 50 people and caused between $500,000 and $5,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:White Hall-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Illinois state average. It is 77% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 151.5 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 141.5 miles away from White Hall center
On 9/26/1990 at 13:18:51, a magnitude 5.0 (4.7 MB, 4.8 LG, 5.0 LG, Depth: 7.7 mi) earthquake occurred 164.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 173.4 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 152.6 miles away from White Hall center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 137.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Greene County (15) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 13
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 14, Floods: 12, Tornadoes: 5, Hurricane: 1, Snow: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Chappie McFarland - Baseball player, Monte McFarland - Baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in White Hall:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to White Hall:
- Lewis and Clark Community College (about 36 miles; Godfrey, IL; Full-time enrollment: 4,189)
- Lindenwood University (about 46 miles; Saint Charles, MO; FT enrollment: 11,117)
- Lincoln Land Community College (about 47 miles; Springfield, IL; FT enrollment: 5,460)
- University of Illinois at Springfield (about 47 miles; Springfield, IL; FT enrollment: 3,748)
- St Charles Community College (about 49 miles; Cottleville, MO; FT enrollment: 5,302)
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (about 50 miles; Edwardsville, IL; FT enrollment: 11,933)
- University of Missouri-St Louis (about 51 miles; Saint Louis, MO; FT enrollment: 10,322)
Public high school in White Hall:
- North Greene High School (Location: 546 N Main St; Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle school in White Hall:
- White Hall Elementary School (Location: 250 E Sherman St; Grades: K-3)
Notable location: White Hall Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in White Hall include: All Saints Catholic Church (A), Calvary Baptist Church (B), First Baptist Church (C), First Christian Church (D), New Life Church (E), Souls Harbor Apostolic Church (F), White Hall Pentecostal Church (G). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Veterans of Foreign Wars Memorial Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Reservoir: White Hall Reservoir (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in White Hall include: Tunison Park (1), Veterans of Foreign Wars Park (2), Whiteside Park (3), Conrad Park (4), Lions Park (5), White Hall Historic District (6). Display/hide their locations on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 88.7. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 40.1. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 23.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 8.36. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.1 miles away from the city center.
(22.1% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 10.5% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
105 people in nursing homes in 2000
White Hall compared to Illinois state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in White Hall (2011 data):
- Farmers State Bank: Whitehall Branch at 133 North Main Street, branch established on 2001/06/06. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $235.9 mil, Deposits: $200.8 mil, headquarters in Pittsfield, IL, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 6 total offices, Holding Company: Pike Bancorp, Inc.
- Premier Bank of Jacksonville: White Hall Branch at 300 Third Avenue North, branch established on 2001/06/28. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $225.7 mil, Deposits: $198.3 mil, headquarters in Jacksonville, IL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: West Plains Investors, Inc.
- White Hall Bank: at 102 South Main Street, branch established on 1904/01/02. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $52.2 mil, Deposits: $44.0 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 1 total offices, Holding Company: Lima Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2012
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2012
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (86%)
- Electricity (10%)
- Wood (3%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for White Hall city (based on Greene County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 63.80%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Southern Baptist Convention||American Baptist Churches in the USA||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Lutheran Church|
|Name||Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)||Assemblies of God||Presbyterian Church (USA)||General Association of Regular Baptist Churches||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Greene County:||4.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Greene County:||6.56 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.83 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||7||$3,031|
|Judicial and Legal||0||$0||1||$125|
|Police Protection - Officers||5||$16,306||$39,134||3||$961|
|Streets and Highways||2||$5,075||$30,450||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||19||$49,946||$31,545||35||$9,314|
White Hall government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Gas Utilities: $969,000 ($391.52)
Water Utilities: $344,000 ($138.99)
Financial Administration: $258,000 ($104.24)
Sewerage: $242,000 ($97.78)
Police Protection: $224,000 ($90.51)
Regular Highways: $179,000 ($72.32)
Libraries: $23,000 ($9.29)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Police Protection: $22,000 ($8.89)
Regular Highways: $15,000 ($6.06)
Parks & Recreation: $4,000 ($1.62)
Fire Protection: $2,000 ($0.81)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $625,000 ($252.53)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $57,000 ($23.03)
White Hall government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $170,000 ($68.69)
All Other: $35,000 ($14.14)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $69,000 ($27.88)
Interest Earnings: $25,000 ($10.10)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $1,089,000 ($440.00)
Water Utilities: $401,000 ($162.02)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $356,000 ($143.84)
Highways: $75,000 ($30.30)
- Tax - Property: $142,000 ($57.37)
NEC: $5,000 ($2.02)
White Hall government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $950,000 ($383.84)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $930,000 ($375.76)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $20,000 ($8.08)
White Hall government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $956,000 ($386.26)
4.82% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($28,563 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Jersey County, IL||0.92% ($34,191 average AGI)|
|from Morgan County, IL||0.57% ($30,310)|
|from Madison County, IL||0.43% ($29,136)|
4.86% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($30,980 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in White Hall:
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WSDZ (1260 AM; 20 kW; BELLEVILLE, IL)
- KRFT (1190 AM; 10 kW; DE SOTO, MO; Owner: ALL SPORTS RADIO, LLC)
- KTRS (550 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: KTRS-AM LICENSE, L.L.C.)
- KJSL (630 AM; 5 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
- KIRL (1460 AM; 5 kW; ST. CHARLES, MO; Owner: BRONCO BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KFUO (850 AM; 5 kW; CLAYTON, MO; Owner: LUTHERAN CHURCH-MISSOURI SYNOD)
- KHMO (1070 AM; 5 kW; HANNIBAL, MO)
- WLDS (1180 AM; daytime; 1 kW; JACKSONVILLE, IL)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in White Hall:
- WRLJ (88.3 FM; WHITE HALL, IL; Owner: CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY RADIO, INC)
- W202AV (88.3 FM; WHITE HALL, IL; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- WEAI (107.1 FM; LYNNVILLE, IL; Owner: JERDON BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WIPA (89.3 FM; PITTSFIELD, IL; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF IL AT SPRINGFIELD)
- WYMG (100.5 FM; JACKSONVILLE, IL; Owner: SAGA COMMUNICATIONS OF ILLINOIS, LLC)
- WJVO (105.5 FM; SOUTH JACKSONVILLE, IL; Owner: MORGAN COUNTY B/CASTING CO., INC.)
- WBBA-FM (97.5 FM; PITTSFIELD, IL; Owner: BROWN RADIO GROUP, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around White Hall:
- WSEC (Channel 14; JACKSONVILLE, IL; Owner: WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS EDUCATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 4
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 4
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 2
- Fatalities: 4
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 5
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 0
- Fatal accident count: 118
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 179
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 40
- Fatalities: 127
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 313
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 20
White Hall fatal accident list:
Oct 19, 1993 11:00 AM, 267, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
May 11, 1986 09:30 PM, 267, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
Sep 11, 1985 03:10 PM, Olive St, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Total length: 1 meters (3ft)
Total average daily traffic: 129
Total average daily truck traffic: 19
Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic: 129
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in White Hall)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- 116 E Sherman (Lat: 39.444500 Lon: -90.399833), Call Sign: KVG825
Assigned Frequencies: 39.4600 MHz, 39.5000 MHz
Grant Date: 01/07/1998, Expiration Date: 03/08/2003, Cancellation Date: 06/08/2003
Registrant: County Of Greene, 403 Seventh St, Carrollton, IL 62016
- Il Rt 267 Just N (Lat: 39.465611 Lon: -90.384000), Type: Tower, Structure height: 31 m, Overall height: 37 m, Call Sign: WPBR755
Assigned Frequencies: 37.1600 MHz, 37.3600 MHz
Grant Date: 12/18/2003, Expiration Date: 03/04/2014, Certifier: Lambert P Fleck Iii
Registrant: Illinois State Police, 801 S 7th St - Csb Suite 201-N, Springfield, IL 62703, Phone: (217) 782-7347, Fax: (217) 782-9920, Email:
- Lat: 39.322000 Lon: -90.501500, Call Sign: WQNS755
Assigned Frequencies: 456.062 MHz
Grant Date: 05/12/2011, Expiration Date: 05/12/2021, Certifier: Vince Lamberti
Registrant: Micro-Comm, Inc., 15895 S Pflumm Road, Olathe, KS 66062, Phone: (913) 390-4500, Fax: (913) 390-4450, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- White Hall, 2 Mi Se Int Hwys 106 & 267 (Lat: 39.450000 Lon: -90.396944), Type: Tower, Structure height: 103.6 m, Overall height: 106.7 m, Call Sign: WMS782
Assigned Frequencies: 5974.85 MHz, 6034.15 MHz, 6093.45 MHz, 6625.00 MHz
Grant Date: 02/01/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Certifier: Steven T Campbell
Registrant: Holland & Knight LLP, 800 17th Street, N.W., Suite #1100, Washington, DC 20006-3906, Phone: (202) 955-3000, Fax: (202) 955-5564, Email:
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- .8 Miles South Of Intersection Of Co. Rd. 2000 And Walkervil (Lat: 39.392806 Lon: -90.492333), Overall height: 96.9 m, Call Sign: KSV972
Assigned Frequencies: 454.325 MHz
Grant Date: 03/03/2009, Expiration Date: 04/01/2019
Registrant: Blooston, Mordkofsky, Dickens, Duffy & Prendergast, LLP, 2120 L Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 659-0830, Fax: (202) 828-5568
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:7
- Call Sign: W8VMT, Previous Call Sign: KD5CLX, Licensee ID: L01371022
Grant Date: 03/01/2008, Expiration Date: 02/26/2018
Registrant: James L Telzrow, P O Box 259, White Hall, IL 62092
- Call Sign: KC9OPI, Licensee ID: L01444232
Grant Date: 11/10/2008, Expiration Date: 11/10/2018, Cancellation Date: 04/07/2009, Certifier: Samuel L Collins
Registrant: Samuel L Collins, 215 W Lincoln, White Hall, IL 62092
- Call Sign: KC9OXT, Licensee ID: L01458320
Grant Date: 01/12/2009, Expiration Date: 01/12/2019, Certifier: Kate J Johnson
Registrant: Kate J Johnson, 215 W Lincoln, White Hall, IL 62092
- Call Sign: W9OCC, Previous Call Sign: KC9OPI, Licensee ID: L01444232
Grant Date: 04/07/2009, Expiration Date: 04/07/2019, Certifier: Samuel L Collins
Registrant: Samuel L Collins, 215 W Lincoln, White Hall, IL 62092
- Call Sign: KC9VPR, Licensee ID: L01696098
Grant Date: 03/15/2012, Expiration Date: 03/15/2022, Certifier: William C Hoesman
Registrant: William C Hoesman, 530 Edgewood Dr, White Hall, IL 62092
- Call Sign: KC9YWB, Licensee ID: L01784886
Grant Date: 04/30/2013, Expiration Date: 04/30/2023, Cancellation Date: 05/18/2013, Certifier: Walter E Reeves
Registrant: Walter E Reeves, Rt 1 Box 291, White Hall, IL 62092
- Call Sign: KB9ENT, Previous Call Sign: KC9YWB, Licensee ID: L01784886
Grant Date: 05/18/2013, Expiration Date: 05/18/2023, Certifier: Walter E Reeves
Registrant: Walter E Reeves, Rt 1 Box 291, White Hall, IL 62092
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 21
- Hazardous Condition: 4
- Service Call: 1
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - White Hall
|Most common first names in White Hall, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in White Hall, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Businesses in White Hall, IL
- Alco Stores: 1
- Kroger: 1
White Hall on our top lists:
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Furniture and home furnishing merchant wholesalers"
- #72 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Printing and related support activities"
- #76 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Paper"
- #80 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Vending machine operators"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2015.