|Median resident age:||32.1 years|
|Montana median age:||37.5 years|
Zip code: 59501
|Wild Horse Lake:||$37,719|
Wild Horse Lake CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $138,302 (it was $88,000 in 2000)
|Wild Horse Lake:||$138,302|
- White alone - 603 (98.4%)
- Two or more races - 9 (1.5%)
- Asian alone - 1 (0.2%)
Current Local Time: MST time zone
Land area: 854.9 square miles.
|Population density: 0.7 people per square mile||(very low).|
For population 25 years and over in Wild Horse Lake:
- High school or higher: 65.7%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 14.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.8%
- Unemployed: 1.6%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wild Horse Lake CCD:
- Never married: 22.1%
- Now married: 72.7%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 0.5%
- Divorced: 4.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Wild Horse Lake CCD:||0.5% ($483)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Great Falls, MT (109.8 miles , pop. 56,690).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: East Seattle, WA (572.1 miles , pop. 480,100).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Phoenix, AZ (1060.9 miles , pop. 1,321,045).
Nearest cities: Beaver Creek, MT (4.0 miles ), Kremlin, MT (4.2 miles) , West Havre, MT (4.2 miles ), Havre North, MT (4.2 miles ), Havre, MT (4.3 miles ), Herron, MT (4.3 miles) , Saddle Butte, MT (4.5 miles) , Gildford, MT (4.9 miles) .
Latitude: 48.78 N, Longitude: 109.87 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 406
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (54%)
- Public administration (9%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (8%)
- Rail transportation (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Construction (5%)
- Health care (4%)
- Educational services (25%)
- Finance and insurance (18%)
- Accommodation and food services (18%)
- Health care (15%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (9%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (6%)
- Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations (3%)
- Farmers and farm managers (27%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (27%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (9%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (7%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (3%)
- Postsecondary teachers (2%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (12%)
- Therapists (12%)
- Cashiers (12%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (6%)
Average climate in Wild Horse Lake, Montana
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Wild Horse Lake-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Montana state average. It is 2% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 8/18/1959 at 06:37:13, a magnitude 7.7 (7.7 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 293.7 miles away from the city center, causing $26,000,000 total damage
On 10/28/1983 at 14:06:06, a magnitude 7.3 (6.2 MB, 7.3 MS, 7.0 MW) earthquake occurred 375.2 miles away from Wild Horse Lake center, causing 2 deaths (2 shaking deaths) and 3 injuries, causing $15,000,000 total damage
On 6/30/1975 at 18:54:13, a magnitude 6.1 (5.6 MB, 5.9 MS, 6.1 UK, 6.1 ML, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 286.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/26/2005 at 04:08:37, a magnitude 5.7 (5.7 MB, 5.2 MS, 5.6 MW, Depth: 8.0 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 266.3 miles away from the city center
On 8/22/1984 at 09:46:30, a magnitude 5.8 (5.0 MB, 5.1 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 354.2 miles away from Wild Horse Lake center
On 10/29/1983 at 23:29:11, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.0 MS, 5.8 ML) earthquake occurred 366.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Hill County (6) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 4, Storms: 3, Fire: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wild Horse Lake:
- Montana State University-Billings (about 216 miles; Billings, MT; Full-time enrollment: 4,319)
- Montana State University (about 223 miles; Bozeman, MT; FT enrollment: 12,942)
- The University of Montana (about 233 miles; Missoula, MT; FT enrollment: 13,602)
- Sheridan College (about 311 miles; Sheridan, WY; FT enrollment: 2,070)
- North Idaho College (about 329 miles; Coeur d'Alene, ID; FT enrollment: 4,684)
- Spokane Community College (about 354 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 6,482)
- Whitworth University (about 355 miles; Spokane, WA; FT enrollment: 2,689)
Notable locations in Wild Horse Lake: Cottonwood Community Hall (A), Fresno Tailwater Fishing Access Site (B), Burnham (C), River Run Campground (D), Kiehns Campground (E), The Forks (F), Thackery Ranch (G), North Havre Community Hall (H), United States Customs and Border Protection Willow Creek Port Of Entry (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Wild Horse Lake: Saint John Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Cemeteries: Cottonwood Cemetery (1), Saint Johns Catholic Cemetery (2), Grainbelt Cemetery (3), Spring Coulee Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Lake Thibadeau (A), Wild Horse Lake (B), Dry Lake (C), Martin Lake (D), Grassy Lake (E), Mud Lake (F), Grassy Lake (G), Fresno Reservoir (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Rivers and creeks: Big Sandy Creek (A), Lost River (B), Sage Creek (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Wild Horse Lake include: Creedman Coulee National Wildlife Refuge (1), Lake Thibadeau National Wildlife Refuge (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.3 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.7% of all households
- Gay men: 0.7% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Wild Horse Lake compared to Montana state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (46%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (42%)
- Electricity (5%)
- Other fuel (4%)
- Coal or coke (1%)
- Wood (1%)
Religion statistics for Wild Horse Lake CCD (based on Hill County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 45.58%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||United Methodist Church||Hutterian Brethren|
|Name||LDS (Mormon) Church||Assemblies of God||Southern Baptist Convention||Lutheran Church||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Hill County:||1.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||2.55 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hill County:||0.60 / 10,000 pop.|
|Montana:||0.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Hill County:||4.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||6.65 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||10.38 / 10,000 pop.|
7.00% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 200529,516 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
|from Cascade County, MT||0.71% ($28,738 average AGI)|
|from Blaine County, MT||0.62% ($20,946)|
|from Yellowstone County, MT||0.32% ($56,421)|
7.42% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 200631,321 ($ average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Wild Horse Lake:
- KOJM (610 AM; 1 kW; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KERR (750 AM; 50 kW; POLSON, MT; Owner: ANDERSON RADIO BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOFI (1180 AM; 50 kW; KALISPELL, MT; Owner: KOFI, INC.)
- KSEN (1150 AM; 10 kW; SHELBY, MT; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KMON (560 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KXMR (710 AM; 50 kW; BISMARCK, ND; Owner: RADIO BISMARCK MANDAN, LLC)
- KGVW (640 AM; 10 kW; BELGRADE, MT; Owner: GALLATIN VALLEY WITNESS, INC.)
- KEIN (1310 AM; 5 kW; GREAT FALLS, MT; Owner: MUNSON RADIO, INC.)
- KBOI (670 AM; 50 kW; BOISE, ID; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KTBI (810 AM; daytime; 50 kW; EPHRATA, WA; Owner: TACOMA BROADCASTERS, INCORPORATED)
- KGA (1510 AM; 50 kW; SPOKANE, WA; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- KJJR (880 AM; 10 kW; WHITEFISH, MT; Owner: BEE BROADCASTING, INCORPORATED)
- KTWO (1030 AM; 50 kW; CASPER, WY; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wild Horse Lake:
- KPQX (92.5 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NEW MEDIA BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KNMC (90.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: NORTHERN MONTANA COLLEGE)
- K261CC (100.1 FM; CHESTER, MT; Owner: RANDALL D. ROCKS)
- KXEI (95.1 FM; HAVRE, MT; Owner: HI-LINE RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)