We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||48.3 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 54731.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $17,201 (it was $12,780 in 2000)
Willard town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $122,518 (it was $77,500 in 2000)
Races in Willard, WI (2010)
- 48796.4%White alone
- 61.2%Two or more races
- 30.6%American Indian alone
- 20.4%Asian alone
Latest news from Willard, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (29.1%), Polish (23.0%), English (8.0%), Norwegian (8.0%), Irish (6.1%), Swedish (3.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 1179 feet
Land area: 35.6 square miles.
Population density: 14 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Willard:
- High school or higher: 73.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 7.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.7%
- Unemployed: 8.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 33.7 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Willard town:
- Never married: 18.5%
- Now married: 61.2%
- Separated: 2.5%
- Widowed: 9.9%
- Divorced: 7.9%
9 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Wisconsin and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Willard, Wisconsin as of December 08, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Willard to the number of sex offenders is 151 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Willard town:||1.8% ($1,395)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Eau Claire, WI (40.0 miles , pop. 61,704).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: St. Paul, MN (101.9 miles , pop. 287,151).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (294.9 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Lake Holcombe, WI (2.2 miles ), Conrath, WI (2.3 miles) , Sheldon, WI (2.5 miles ), Holcombe, WI (2.6 miles ), Ruby, WI (2.7 miles ), Grow, WI (2.9 miles ), Birch Creek, WI (2.9 miles ), Estella, WI (3.2 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 5 buildings, average cost: $70,400
- 1998: 7 buildings, average cost: $70,600
- 1999: 4 buildings, average cost: $101,300
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $104,200
- 2001: 14 buildings, average cost: $42,200
- 2002: 8 buildings, average cost: $59,800
- 2003: 11 buildings, average cost: $53,800
- 2004: 9 buildings, average cost: $56,400
- 2005: 12 buildings, average cost: $66,700
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $122,800
- 2007: 2 buildings, average cost: $107,500
- 2008: 2 buildings, average cost: $52,500
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $350,000
- 2010: 4 buildings, average cost: $113,100
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $150,000
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,000
- 2013: 4 buildings, average cost: $107,500
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $58,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 45.32 N, Longitude: 91.09 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 715
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (27%)
- Construction (15%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Wood products (6%)
- Transportation equipment (5%)
- Metal and metal products (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Health care (13%)
- Wood products (11%)
- Educational services (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Food and beverage stores (8%)
- Computer and electronic products (7%)
- Farmers and farm managers (19%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (8%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (6%)
- Construction laborers (6%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (6%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (11%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (11%)
- Cashiers (8%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (4%)
Average climate in Willard, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Willard-area historical tornado activity is slightly below Wisconsin state average. It is 9% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/30/1977, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 7.1 miles away from the Willard town center injured 20 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
On 6/4/1958, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 33.8 miles away from the town center killed 21 people and injured 74 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Willard-area historical earthquake activity is significantly below Wisconsin state average. It is 96% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 241.3 miles away from the city center
On 6/5/1993 at 01:24:53, a magnitude 4.1 (4.1 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 253.4 miles away from Willard center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 288.6 miles away from the city center
On 3/4/1983 at 06:32:18, a magnitude 4.6 (4.4 MB, 4.6 LG, 4.4 ML) earthquake occurred 415.4 miles away from the city center
On 10/20/1995 at 15:57:18, a magnitude 3.7 (3.7 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 281.5 miles away from Willard center
On 2/9/1994 at 08:45:35, a magnitude 3.1 (3.1 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 192.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Rusk County (9) is smaller than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 6
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 6, Storms: 5, Tornadoes: 3, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Willard:
- INDIANHEAD HOME HLTH CARE (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; LADYSMITH, WI)
- RUSK CTY MEM HSPTL NH (Nursing Home, about 10 miles away; LADYSMITH, WI)
- RUSK CTY DEPT OF HLTH AND HUMAN SVCS (Home Health Center, about 11 miles away; LADYSMITH, WI)
- CORNELL AREA CARE CTR (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; CORNELL, WI)
- LADYSMITH NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; LADYSMITH, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Willard:
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (about 42 miles; Eau Claire, WI; Full-time enrollment: 10,143)
- Chippewa Valley Technical College (about 42 miles; Eau Claire, WI; FT enrollment: 4,038)
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (about 50 miles; Shell Lake, WI; FT enrollment: 2,414)
- University of Wisconsin-Stout (about 51 miles; Menomonie, WI; FT enrollment: 8,120)
- Northcentral Technical College (about 74 miles; Wausau, WI; FT enrollment: 3,356)
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls (about 82 miles; River Falls, WI; FT enrollment: 5,868)
- Mid-State Technical College (about 91 miles; Wisconsin Rapids, WI; FT enrollment: 2,128)
Notable location: Willard Townhall (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Church in Willard: Wayside Mission (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creeks: Main Creek (A), Deer Tail Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.5% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Willard town (based on Rusk County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Rusk County:||4.16 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Rusk County:||0.69 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Rusk County:||6.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.32 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.82% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($32,695 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Chippewa County, WI||0.68% ($35,842 average AGI)|
|from Barron County, WI||0.63% ($24,543)|
|from Eau Claire County, WI||0.38% ($25,095)|
5.19% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,746 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Willard:
- WEBC (560 AM; 50 kW; DULUTH, MN)
- WLDY (1340 AM; 1 kW; LADYSMITH, WI; Owner: FLAMBEAU BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WCTS (1030 AM; 50 kW; MAPLEWOOD, MN; Owner: CNTL. BAPT. THEO/AL SEMI MINNEAPOLIS)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WCCO (830 AM; 50 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: INFINITY MEDIA CORPORATION)
- WMEQ (880 AM; 10 kW; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WAYY (790 AM; 5 kW; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WEAQ (1150 AM; 5 kW; CHIPPEWA FALLS, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- KSTP (1500 AM; 50 kW; ST. PAUL, MN; Owner: KSTP-AM, LLC (DELAWARE))
- WAQE (1090 AM; daytime; 5 kW; RICE LAKE, WI; Owner: TKC, INC.)
- WOGO (680 AM; 3 kW; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- KTIS (900 AM; 25 kW; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; Owner: NORTHWESTERN COLLEGE)
Strongest FM radio stations in Willard:
- WWIB (103.7 FM; HALLIE, WI; Owner: STEWARDS OF SOUND, INC.)
- WJBL (93.1 FM; LADYSMITH, WI; Owner: FLAMBEAU BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WAXX (104.5 FM; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WQRB (95.1 FM; BLOOMER, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WHWC (88.3 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WMEQ-FM (92.1 FM; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WDRK (99.9 FM; CORNELL, WI; Owner: MAVERICK MEDIA OF EAU CLAIRE LICENSE LLC)
- WATQ (106.7 FM; CHETEK, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
TV broadcast stations around Willard:
- W63AR (Channel 63; LADYSMITH, WI; Owner: HUBBARD BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WEAU-TV (Channel 13; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WEAU LICENSEE CORP.)
- WHWC-TV (Channel 28; MENOMONIE, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- WQOW-TV (Channel 18; EAU CLAIRE, WI; Owner: WXOW-WQOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 5Number of bridges
- 18m59ftTotal length
- $756,000Total costs
- 2,150Total average daily traffic
- 2Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,300Total future (year 2033) average daily traffic
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:1
- N 8772 Dickerson Ave (Lat: 44.733972 Lon: -90.844972), Type: Pole, Structure height: 15.2 m, Overall height: 21.3 m, Call Sign: WNQA377
Assigned Frequencies: 154.130 MHzGrant Date: 05/10/2014, Expiration Date: 07/29/2024, Certifier: Tom AbelRegistrant: Greenwood Area Fire & Ambulance, 103 W. Cannery St, Greenwood, WI 54437, Phone: (715) 267-7390, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:1
- Willard, Various Locations (Lat: 44.729139 Lon: -90.893472), Type: N/A, Structure height: 6.1 m, Call Sign: WPQX903
Assigned Frequencies: 952.212 MHz, 928.212 MHzGrant Date: 11/16/2000, Expiration Date: 11/16/2010, Cancellation Date: 05/24/2002, Certifier: Colin FlanneryRegistrant: Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, 2300 N Street, Nw, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20037-1128, Phone: (202) 783-4141, Fax: (202) 783-5851, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:1
- Call Sign: KC9NNZ, Licensee ID: L01395413, Grant Date: 04/30/2008, Expiration Date: 04/30/2018, Certifier: Patricia H Lord, Registrant: Patricia H Lord, N6298 Bachelors Ave, Willard, WI 54493
Drinking water stations with addresses in Willard and their reported violations in the past:SUNSET PINES RESORT (Population served: 25, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Monitoring, Check/Repeat/Confirmation - Between MAY-20-2008 and JUN-30-2008, Contaminant: Nitrate. Follow-up actions: St Public Notif requested (JUL-16-2008), St Violation/Reminder Notice (JUL-16-2008), St Public Notif received (JUL-22-2008), St Compliance achieved (JUL-28-2008)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Willard that have no violations reported:
- LAKESIDE (Population served: 25, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 4
|Most common first names in Willard, WI among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Willard, WI among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (65%)
- Wood (20%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (7%)
- Electricity (3%)
- No fuel used (3%)
- Utility gas (2%)
Willard compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.