Cochise County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level between 2 and 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Moderate Potential
Click to draw/clear city borders
Notable locations in Willcox: Twin Lakes Country Club and Golf Course (A), City of Willcox Wastewater Treatment Facility (B), Elsie S Hogan Community Library (C), Willcox Police Department (D), Willcox Fire Department Station 2 (E), Willcox Fire Department Station 1 (F), Cochise Visitor Center (G), Sheriffs Posse Arena (H), Willcox City Hall (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Willcox include: First Assembly of God (A), Victory Baptist Church (B), Trinity Lutheran Church (C), Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses (D), Grace Chapel (E), First Southern Baptist Church (F), First Baptist Church (G), Faith Bible Church (H), Church of Christ (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Willcox include: Willcox Community Center Park (1), Manny Gonzales Park (2), Keiller Park and Recreation Center (3), Jesse Street Minipark (4), Historic Railroad Avenue Park (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Chiricahua Regional Museum & Research Center (127 East Maley Street).
Hotels: Days Inn (724 North Bisbee Avenue), Days Inn Wilcox (724 North Bisbee Avenue), Arizona Sunset Motel (340 South Haskell Avenue), Klondyke Country Store & Lodge (Klondyke Road), Best Western-Plaza Inn (1100 West Rex Allen Drive), Desert Breeze Motel (556 North Haskell Avenue), Desert Inn of Willcox (704 South Haskell Avenue), Motel 8 (331 North Haskell Avenue), Budget Riteway Motel (660 North Haskell Avenue).
Court: Cochise County Government - Justice Of The Peace Court #4 (450 South Haskell Avenue Suite A).
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 35.7. This is about average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 42.1. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 23.6 miles away from the city center.
(lower is better)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2011: 27.0%
(27.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 90.0% for Black residents, 25.6% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 22.3% for other race residents, 99.2% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.6 people|
|Arizona: || 2.6 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 66.0%|
|Whole state: || 66.2%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 8.0%|
|Whole state: || 7.8%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.4% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Willcox, AZ
22 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities in 2010
4 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities in 2010
People in group quarters in Willcox in 2000:
- 38 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 24 people in nursing homes
- 4 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 3 people in hospitals/wards and hospices for chronically ill
- 3 people in other hospitals or wards for chronically ill
Willcox compared to Arizona state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Number of rooms per house below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in Willcox (2011 data):
- Western Bank: Willcox Branch at 200 West Rex Allen Drive, branch established on 2010/10/01. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $146.5 mil, Deposits: $123.0 mil, headquarters in Lordsburg, NM, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 4 total offices, Holding Company: Lordsburg Financial Corporation
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association: Willcox Branch at 150 West Grant Street, branch established on 1936/06/13. Info updated 2011/11/10: Bank assets: $1,811,678.0 mil, Deposits: $1,190,738.0 mil, headquarters in Columbus, OH, positive income, International Specialization, 5577 total offices, Holding Company: Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
- Compass Bank: Willcox Branch at 173 South Haskell Avenue, branch established on 1966/10/14. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $63,107.0 mil, Deposits: $46,232.4 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 720 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Willcox, Arizona:
All 3 fire-safe hotels and motels in Willcox, Arizona
- Days Inn-willcox, 724 N Bisbee Ave, Willcox, AZ 85643 , Phone: (520) 384-4222, Fax: (520) 384-3785
- Plaza Inn , 1100 W Rex Allen Dr, Willcox, AZ 85643 , Phone: (520) 384-3556, Fax: (520) 384-2679
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites , 1251 N Virginia Ave, Willcox, AZ 85643 , Phone: (520) 384-3333, Fax: (520) 384-4534
Educational Attainment (%) in 2011
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (50%)
- Utility gas (48%)
- Wood (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
1996 Presidential Elections Results
2000 Presidential Elections Results
2004 Presidential Elections Results
2008 Presidential Elections Results
2012 Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Willcox (based on Cochise County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 40.77%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||Southern Baptist Convention||LDS (Mormon) Church||Assemblies of God||United Methodist Church|
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Churches of Christ||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Church of the Nazarene||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of grocery stores:
|Cochise County:||1.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.36 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (no gas):
|This county:||0.63 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||0.55 / 10,000 pop.|Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Cochise County:||4.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Arizona:||2.47 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|This county:||7.82 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.21 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|Arizona:||8.0%|Adult obesity rate:
|State:||22.8%|Low-income preschool obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Judicial and Legal
|Police Protection - Officers
|Police - Other
|Streets and Highways
|Parks and Recreation
|Other and Unallocable
|Totals for Government
Willcox government finances in 2002(per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $409,000 ($110.60)
Sewerage: $383,000 ($103.57)
All Other: $29,000 ($7.84)
- Construction - Sewerage: $2,010,000 ($543.54)
- Current Operations - Financial Administration: $900,000 ($243.37)
Gas Utilities: $840,000 ($227.15)
Police Protection: $781,000 ($211.20)
Parks & Recreation: $616,000 ($166.58)
Sewerage: $425,000 ($114.93)
Solid Waste Management: $414,000 ($111.95)
Regular Highways: $394,000 ($106.54)
Water Utilities: $343,000 ($92.75)
Fire Protection: $128,000 ($34.61)
Health Services - Other: $125,000 ($33.80)
Libraries: $92,000 ($24.88)
- General - Interest on Debt: $95,000 ($25.69)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $55,000 ($14.87)
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $1,630,000 ($440.78)
- Long Term Debt Issue, Unspecified - Other NEC: $846,000 ($228.77)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $405,000 ($109.52)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $1,845,000 ($498.92)
Water Utilities: $52,000 ($14.06)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $226,000 ($61.11)
Water Utilities: $3,000 ($0.81)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $98,000 ($26.50)
Interest Earnings: $95,000 ($25.69)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $107,000 ($28.93)
Gas Utilities: $19,000 ($5.14)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $3,364,000 ($909.68)
- Revenue - Gas Utilities: $832,000 ($224.99)
Water Utilities: $429,000 ($116.01)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $197,000 ($53.27)
- State Intergovernmental - All Other: $910,000 ($246.08)
Highways: $307,000 ($83.02)
General Support: $288,000 ($77.88)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $1,227,000 ($331.80)
Property: $224,000 ($60.57)
Public Utilities: $52,000 ($14.06)
NEC: $18,000 ($4.87)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $1,447,000 ($391.29)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $2,000 ($0.54)
11.41% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($37,687 average adjusted gross income)
1.11% of residents moved from foreign countries ($3,453 average AGI)
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
10.69% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($34,637 average adjusted gross income)
0.72% of residents moved to foreign countries ($2,259 average AGI)
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in Willcox:
- KHIL (1250 AM; 5 kW; WILLCOX, AZ; Owner: LAKESHORE MEDIA, LLC)
- KFLT (830 AM; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FAMILY LIFE B/CING SYSTEM, INC.)
- KUAZ (1550 AM; daytime; 50 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS)
- KTKT (990 AM; 10 kW; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA LOTUS CORP.)
- KMIA (710 AM; 50 kW; BLACK CANYON CITY, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KQTL (1210 AM; 10 kW; SAHUARITA, AZ; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF TUCSON LICENSE CORP.)
- KEVT (1030 AM; 10 kW; CORTARO, AZ; Owner: ONE MART CORP.)
- KFNX (1100 AM; 50 kW; CAVE CREEK, AZ; Owner: NORTH AMERICAN BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- KMIK (1580 AM; 50 kW; TEMPE, AZ; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- KPXQ (1360 AM; 50 kW; GLENDALE, AZ; Owner: COMMON GROUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KNST (790 AM; 5 kW; TUCSON, AZ)
- KTNN (660 AM; 50 kW; WINDOW ROCK, AZ; Owner: THE NAVAJO NATION)
- KJLL (1330 AM; 5 kW; SOUTH TUCSON, AZ; Owner: HUDSON COMMUNICATIONS, INC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Willcox:
- KWCX-FM (104.9 FM; WILLCOX, AZ; Owner: LAKESHORE MEDIA, LLC)
- KXKQ (94.1 FM; SAFFORD, AZ; Owner: MCMURRAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KGMG (106.3 FM; ORACLE, AZ; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- K208BT (89.5 FM; SAFFORD, AZ; Owner: AZ BD OF REGENTS/UNIV. OF ARIZONA)
- K255AC (98.9 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: MARICOPA COUNTY COMMUN. COLLEGE DIST)
- K263AA (100.5 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KZLZ-FM2 (105.3 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KUAT-FM (90.5 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA BOARD OF REGENTS)
- K292CM (106.3 FM; SUMMERHAVEN, AZ; Owner: ARIZONA LOTUS CORPORATION)
- KZLZ-FM1 (105.3 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KXCI (91.3 FM; TUCSON, AZ; Owner: FOUNDATION FOR CREATIVE BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KCDX (103.1 FM; FLORENCE, AZ; Owner: DESERT WEST AIR RANCHERS CORPORATION)
- K204CE (88.7 FM; CLIFTON, AZ; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
- KJIK (100.7 FM; DUNCAN, AZ; Owner: WILLIAM S. KONOPNICKI)
- KFMM (99.1 FM; THATCHER, AZ; Owner: WICK COMMUNICATIONS CO.)
- KRMB (90.1 FM; BISBEE, AZ; Owner: WORLD RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- KWCD (92.3 FM; BISBEE, AZ; Owner: COMMONWEALTH LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, LLC)
- KWRB (90.9 FM; BISBEE, AZ; Owner: WORLD RADIO NETWORK, INC.)
- KCDQ (95.3 FM; DOUGLAS, AZ; Owner: COCHISE BROADCASTING, LLC (A WYOMING LLC))
- KAVV (97.7 FM; BENSON, AZ; Owner: STEREO 97, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2011 (per 100,000 population)
- Fatal accident count: 12
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 13
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 5
- Fatalities: 14
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 38
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 1
- Fatal accident count: 274
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents: 437
- Fatal accidents caused by drunken drivers: 102
- Fatalities: 296
- Persons involved in fatal accidents: 783
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents: 47
See more detailed statistics of Willcox fatal car crashes and road traffic accidents for 1975 - 2011 here
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 8
Total length: 72 meters (236ft)
Total costs: $1,652,000
Total average daily traffic: 53,576
Total average daily truck traffic: 14,179
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
|Most common first names in Willcox, AZ among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Willcox, AZ among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Willcox, AZ|
|Ace Hardware||1||Pizza Hut||1|
|Holiday Inn||1||Super 8||3|
- #22 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest differences between daily high and daily low temperatures"
- #29 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Engineers"
- #31 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Sales and related occupations:"
- #51 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of burglaries in 2006 per 10,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data"
- #83 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Media and communication equipment workers"
- #85 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Counselors, social workers, and other community and social service specialists"
- #99 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the largest city-data.com crime index per police officer in 2005-2006"
- #26 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating to foreign countries in 2006"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents relocating from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006"
- #37 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #46 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Particulate Matter (PM10) Annual air pollution readings in 2005 (µg/m3)"
- #53 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of children under 18 without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"