Willits: Above the northern end of Little Lake Valley looking to the southeast
Willits: Willits Skate Park on East Commercial St.
Willits: brook trail
Willits: Entering Willits, CA
Willits: Logs in Willits Redwood yard along Blosser Lane.
Willits: Riding into town from Ukiah, Cal.
Willits: Would they let a horse ride the train?
Willits: At a local coffee place in Willits
Willits: Another fine eatery in Willits
Willits: Noyo Cinemaplex
Willits: Sherwood Valley Rancheria Tribe's - Black Bart Casino, Willits, CA
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||46.3 years|
|California median age:||35.7 years|
Zip codes: 95490.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,713 (it was $16,642 in 2000)
Willits city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $187,058 (it was $123,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $384,627; Detached houses: $429,392; Townhouses or other attached units: $369,099; In 2-unit structures: $326,343; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $263,122; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $210,270; Mobile homes: $105,345; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $109,431
Median gross rent in 2013: $866.
Races in Willits, CA (2013)
- 3,95781.7%White alone
- 3146.5%Two or more races
- 1182.4%American Indian alone
- 60.1%Asian alone
- 40.08%Black alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- How Does the Presence of a Major Employer Affect Crime Rates? Feb 10
- Prosper default rate decreased in 2014 Feb 8
- How important is peer-to-peer loan diversification? Feb 6
- Where Do the Young and Old People Live, and How Has That Changed Over the Years? Feb 4
- Reasons for getting a Lending Club loan Feb 2
|Most "hillybilly" place in California? (368 replies)|
|Whoa, what's with all the pit bulls in Arcata? (41 replies)|
|How far south from the Oregon border is California considered the Pacific NW? (71 replies)|
|Weather Thread (478 replies)|
|Where do tree hugging, vegetarian liberals belong in OC? (222 replies)|
|Where does Northern California end and Southern California begin? (163 replies)|
Latest news from Willits, CA collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (12.1%), Irish (12.0%), English (10.6%), United States (3.9%), Italian (3.8%), French (2.7%).
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 1364 feet
Land area: 2.80 square miles.
Population density: 1,726 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Willits:
- High school or higher: 83.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 16.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 6.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 22.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Willits city:
- Never married: 28.2%
- Now married: 44.2%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 11.4%
- Divorced: 14.4%
278 residents are foreign born (4.8% Latin America).
According to our research of California and other state lists there were 38 registered sex offenders living in Willits, California as of February 11, 2016.
The ratio of number of residents in Willits to the number of sex offenders is 128 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $2,678 (1.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $1,459 (1.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Santa Rosa, CA (74.7 miles , pop. 147,595).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: West Contra Costa, CA (114.7 miles , pop. 236,008).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (459.5 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Brooktrails, CA (1.8 miles ), Soda Springs, CA (2.1 miles) , Redwood-Potter, CA (3.4 miles ), Redwood Valley, CA (3.5 miles ), Potter Valley, CA (3.7 miles ), Calpella, CA (3.8 miles ), Comptche, CA (4.0 miles) , Ukiah, CA (4.4 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $65,000
- 1998: 1 building, cost: $104,800
- 2000: 3 buildings, average cost: $205,700
- 2001: 4 buildings, average cost: $104,800
- 2002: 3 buildings, average cost: $121,600
- 2003: 1 building, cost: $163,200
- 2004: 7 buildings, average cost: $169,700
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $210,300
- 2006: 6 buildings, average cost: $88,200
- 2007: 20 buildings, average cost: $251,200
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $236,500
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $243,500
- 2012: 1 building, cost: $212,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 39.40 N, Longitude: 123.35 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,447 (+29.9%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,098 (55.9%)
Area code: 707
|Crime rates in Willits by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)||444.2||420.1||397.9||303.7||311.9||245.4||416.6||262.0||233.9||351.5||249.5||217.2||208.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Willits detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.48|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -84 (-1.6%).
- Administrative and support and waste management services (16%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (12%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Construction (6%)
- Wholesale trade (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Educational services (20%)
- Manufacturing (14%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (7%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (4%)
- Retail trade (4%)
- Sales and related occupations (15%)
- Management occupations (13%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (10%)
- Production occupations (6%)
- Material moving occupations (6%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (29%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (20%)
- Management occupations (17%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Healthcare support occupations (6%)
- Sales and related occupations (4%)
- Community and social service occupations (4%)
Average climate in Willits, California
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Willits-area historical earthquake activity is near California state average. It is 652% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/1906 at 13:12:21, a magnitude 7.9 (7.9 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 99.0 miles away from the city center, causing $524,000,000 total damage
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 147.0 miles away from Willits center
On 4/25/1992 at 18:06:04, a magnitude 7.2 (6.3 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.1 MW, Depth: 9.4 mi) earthquake occurred 75.7 miles away from the city center, causing $75,000,000 total damage
On 11/8/1980 at 10:27:34, a magnitude 7.2 (6.2 MB, 7.2 MS, 7.2 MW, 7.0 ML) earthquake occurred 128.2 miles away from the city center
On 1/22/1923 at 09:04:18, a magnitude 7.2 (7.2 UK) earthquake occurred 128.7 miles away from Willits center
On 9/1/1994 at 15:15:53, a magnitude 7.1 (6.6 MB, 7.0 MS, 7.1 MW, 6.8 ML, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 145.3 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Mendocino County (17) is greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 14
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 13, Storms: 9, Landslides: 4, Winter Storms: 4, Drought: 1, Fire: 1, Freeze: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Tornado: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Kelvin Chapman - Retired baseball player.
Hospitals and medical centers in Willits:
Airports located in Willits:
- Ells Field-Willits Municipal Airport (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 3,000, Local Ops: 2,500)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Willits:
- Mendocino College (about 17 miles; Ukiah, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,263)
- Santa Rosa Junior College (about 74 miles; Santa Rosa, CA; FT enrollment: 13,047)
- Sonoma State University (about 83 miles; Rohnert Park, CA; FT enrollment: 7,796)
- California State University-Chico (about 84 miles; Chico, CA; FT enrollment: 14,838)
- Butte College (about 93 miles; Oroville, CA; FT enrollment: 8,649)
- Napa Valley College (about 98 miles; Napa, CA; FT enrollment: 3,780)
- Yuba College (about 99 miles; Marysville, CA; FT enrollment: 4,737)
Public high schools in Willits:
- Willits High School (Students: 354; Location: 299 North Main Street; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 40)
- Willits Charter School (Students: 94; Location: 1431 South Main Street; Grades: 6-12; Our rating: 41)
- La Vida Charter School (Students: 35; Location: 16201 North Highway 101; Grades: K-12; Our rating: 26)
- New Horizons School (Students: 34; Location: 120 North Main Street; Grades: K-12; Our rating: 3)
- Sanhedrin High School (Students: 12; Location: 120 North Main Street; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 7)
- Willits Secondary Community Day School (Students: 2; Location: 370 East Commercial Street; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 7)
Public elementary/middle schools in Willits:
- Blosser Lane Elementary School (Students: 373; Location: 1275 Blosser Lane; Grades: 3-5; Our rating: 37)
- Baechtel Grove Middle School (Students: 323; Location: 1150 Magnolia Street; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 22)
- Brookside Elementary School (Students: 99; Location: Spruce and Lincoln Way; Grades: K-2; Our rating: 37)
- Sherwood School (Students: 27; Location: 32600 Sherwood Road; Grades: K-7; Our rating: 12)
- Willits Community Day School (Students: 11; Location: 1150 Magnolia Street; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 5)
Private elementary/middle schools in Willits:
Notable locations in Willits: Willits Senior Citizens Center (A), Willits Branch Mendocino County Library (B), Veterans Memorial Building (C), Mendocino County Museum (D), Little Lake Fire Protection District Station 2 (E), Little Lake Fire Protection District Station 1 (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Willits include: First Assembly of God Church (A), First Baptist Church (B), Saint Anthonys Catholic Church (C), Willits United Methodist Church (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creeks: Broaddus Creek (A), Haehl Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Willits include: Babcock Park (1), Highway Twenty Park (2), Willits City Park (3), Willits Rodeo Grounds (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Tourist attraction: Black Bart Casino (Amusement & Theme Parks; 100 Kawi Place).
Hotels: Best Western Willits Inn (1777 South Main Street), Baechtel Creek Inn & Day Spa (101 Gregory Lane), Baechtel Creek Inn (101 Gregory Lane), Brook Trails Loudge (24675 Birch Street).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 65.7. This is about average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2008 was 0.476. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 0.1 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2009 was 5.45. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 0.1 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 22.6. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 0.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 14.1. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 0.6 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 7.36. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 0.5 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Willits and their reported violations in the past:WENTE SCOUT RESERVATION (Population served: 420, Groundwater):
Past health violations:
Past monitoring violations:
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In APR-2014, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (JUN-02-2014)
- MCL, Monthly (TCR) - In JUL-2011, Contaminant: Coliform. Follow-up actions: St AO (w/o penalty) issued (AUG-26-2011)
- One regular monitoring violation
Drinking water stations with addresses in Willits that have no violations reported:
- BROOKTRAILS TOWNSHIP CSD (Population served: 3,800, Primary Water Source Type: Surface water)
- RIDGE WATER SYSTEM (Population served: 70, Primary Water Source Type: Purch groundwater)
(23.9% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 77.4% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 49.4% for American Indian residents, 100.0% for other race residents, 42.8% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.4% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Willits in 2010:
- 42 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 37 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 8 people in group homes intended for adults
- 7 people in workers' group living quarters and job corps centers
People in group quarters in Willits in 2000:
- 56 people in nursing homes
- 45 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 24 people in other nonhousehold living situations
Willits compared to California state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
Banks with branches in Willits (2011 data):
- North Valley Bank: Willits Branch at 255 South Main Street, branch established on 1958/12/02. Info updated 2006/08/03: Bank assets: $900.5 mil, Deposits: $767.5 mil, headquarters in Redding, CA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 26 total offices, Holding Company: North Valley Bancorp
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association: 234 S Main St Branch at 234 S. Main St. #1, branch established on 1988/12/27. Info updated 2011/11/10: Bank assets: $1,811,678.0 mil, Deposits: $1,190,738.0 mil, headquarters in Columbus, OH, positive income, International Specialization, 5577 total offices, Holding Company: Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
- Savings Bank of Mendocino County: Willits Branch at 145 South Main Street, branch established on 1904/04/11. Info updated 2011/11/07: Bank assets: $905.4 mil, Deposits: $755.8 mil, headquarters in Ukiah, CA, positive income, 11 total offices
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Willits, California:
- Baechtel Creek Inn, 101 Gregory Ln, Willits, CA 95490 , Phone: (707) 459-9063, Fax: (707) 459-0226
- Best Western Willits Inn, 1777 S Main St, Willits, CA 95490 , Phone: (707) 459-5800, Fax: (707) 459-9367
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (72%)
- Electricity (15%)
- Wood (8%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (4%)
- No fuel used (1%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Willits city (based on Mendocino County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Mendocino County:||5.93 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||2.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mendocino County:||0.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|California:||0.62 / 10,000 pop.|
|Mendocino County:||4.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||1.49 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.84 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||7.42 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||4||$26,395||$79,185||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||11||$60,537||$66,040||0||$0|
|Police - Other||6||$27,183||$54,366||1||$2,750|
|Streets and Highways||7||$29,911||$51,276||1||$1,067|
|Solid Waste Management||1||$3,201||$38,412||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$3,049||$36,588||1||$133|
|Totals for Government||42||$208,114||$59,461||4||$4,977|
Willits government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Sewerage: $484,000 ($100.25)
Water Utilities: $343,000 ($71.04)
Housing & Community Development: $200,000 ($41.43)
Police Protection: $97,000 ($20.09)
Central Staff Services: $92,000 ($19.06)
Regular Highways: $58,000 ($12.01)
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $1,737,000 ($359.78)
Water Utilities: $917,000 ($189.93)
Sewerage: $799,000 ($165.49)
Regular Highways: $602,000 ($124.69)
Central Staff Services: $472,000 ($97.76)
Financial Administration: $197,000 ($40.80)
Parks & Recreation: $169,000 ($35.00)
Judicial and Legal Services: $142,000 ($29.41)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $126,000 ($26.10)
Housing & Community Development: $116,000 ($24.03)
Air Transportation: $66,000 ($13.67)
General - Other: $66,000 ($13.67)
Solid Waste Management: $23,000 ($4.76)
Health Services - Other: $19,000 ($3.94)
- General - Interest on Debt: $187,000 ($38.73)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $5,079,000 ($1051.99)
Willits government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Air Transportation: $40,000 ($8.29)
- Charges - Sewerage: $1,319,000 ($273.20)
All Other: $74,000 ($15.33)
Solid Waste Management: $32,000 ($6.63)
Housing & Community Development: $1,000 ($0.21)
- Federal Intergovernmental - All Other: $23,000 ($4.76)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $706,000 ($146.23)
General Revenue, NEC: $600,000 ($124.28)
Rents: $6,000 ($1.24)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $1,792,000 ($371.17)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $289,000 ($59.86)
All Other: $200,000 ($41.43)
Highways: $103,000 ($21.33)
- Tax - Property: $959,000 ($198.63)
Total General Sales: $938,000 ($194.28)
Other Selective Sales: $197,000 ($40.80)
NEC: $178,000 ($36.87)
Public Utilities: $166,000 ($34.38)
Willits government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $3,671,000 ($760.36)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $106,000 ($21.96)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $3,370,000 ($698.01)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $195,000 ($40.39)
Willits government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $1,320,000 ($273.41)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $8,068,000 ($1671.09)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $2,050,000 ($424.61)
4.18% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,897 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Sonoma County, CA||0.48% ($33,754 average AGI)|
|from Lake County, CA||0.26% ($42,724)|
|from Sacramento County, CA||0.17% ($38,082)|
5.02% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($36,166 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved to foreign countries ($182 average AGI)
Mendocino County: 0.03% California average: 0.10%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Willits:
- KLLK (1250 AM; 5 kW; WILLITS, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
- KPMO (1300 AM; 5 kW; MENDOCINO, CA; Owner: JPR FOUNDATION INC.)
- KCBS (740 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KTRB (860 AM; 50 kW; MODESTO, CA; Owner: PAPPAS RADIO OF CALIFORNIA, A CALIFORNIA LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNBR (680 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KNBR LICO, INC.)
- KFBK (1530 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- KGO (810 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: KGO-AM RADIO, INC.)
- KTCT (1050 AM; 50 kW; SAN MATEO, CA; Owner: SUSQUEHANNA RADIO CORP.)
- KFIA (710 AM; 25 kW; CARMICHAEL, CA; Owner: VISTA BROADCASTING INC.)
- KHTK (1140 AM; 50 kW; SACRAMENTO, CA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KFAX (1100 AM; 50 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: GOLDEN GATE BROADCASTING CO, INC.)
- KIQI (1010 AM; 35 kW; SAN FRANCISCO, CA; Owner: RADIO UNICA OF SAN FRANCISCO LICENSE CORP.)
- KUKI (1400 AM; 1 kW; UKIAH, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
Strongest FM radio stations in Willits:
- K264AH (100.7 FM; WILLITS, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KUKI-FM (103.3 FM; UKIAH, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
- KZYZ (91.5 FM; WILLITS, CA; Owner: MENDOCINO COUNTY PUBLIC BROADCASTING)
- KMKX (93.5 FM; WILLITS, CA; Owner: RADIO MILLENNIUM L L C)
- K209EU (89.7 FM; LAYTONVILLE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- KHKL (91.9 FM; LAYTONVILLE, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KWNE (94.5 FM; UKIAH, CA; Owner: BROADCASTING CORP. OF MENDICINO CTY.)
- KQPM (105.9 FM; UKIAH, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- K296ES (107.1 FM; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
- KNTI (99.5 FM; LAKEPORT, CA; Owner: BICOASTAL MEDIA LLC)
- KZYX (90.7 FM; PHILO, CA; Owner: MENDOCINO COUNTY PUBLIC BROADCASTING)
- KPRA (89.5 FM; UKIAH, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KSRT (107.1 FM; CLOVERDALE, CA; Owner: POINT BROADCASTING)
- K242AD (96.3 FM; BOONVILLE, CA; Owner: MOON BROADCASTING UKIAH, LLC)
- KHUM (104.7 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: LOST COAST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- KLVG (103.7 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KMUD (91.1 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: REDWOOD COMMUNITY RADIO, INC.)
- K201HL (88.1 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K235AM (94.9 FM; GARBERVILLE, CA; Owner: FAMILY STATIONS, INC.)
- KNDL (89.9 FM; ANGWIN, CA; Owner: HOWELL MOUNTAIN BROADCASTING COMPANY)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2013 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 11Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $803,000Total costs
- 60,263Total average daily traffic
- 4,157Total average daily truck traffic
- 103,321Total future (year 2027) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 19 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Willits, CA)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 24 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 22 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 158 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Willits)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 36 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Willits)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 46
- Hazardous Condition: 20
- Service Call: 2
- Good Intent Call: 2
Incident types - Willits
|Most common first names in Willits, CA among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Willits, CA among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Willits, CA|
|Ace Hardware||1||MasterBrand Cabinets||2|
|Circle K||1||Rite Aid||1|
|H&R Block||1||U.S. Cellular||1|
|Jack In The Box||1||UPS||4|
Willits on our top lists:
- #50 on the list of "Top 100 high-educated but low-earning cities (pop. 5,000+)"
- #86 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Electronic shopping and mail-order houses"
- #101 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females in occupations: Cashiers"
- #64 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election"
- #76 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people moving out compared to moving in (pop. 50,000+)"
- #77 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people without health insurance coverage in 2000 (pop. 50,000+)"
- #96 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Kerry (Democrat) in the 2004 Presidential Election"
Total of 18 patent applications in 2008-2016.