|Median resident age:||39.5 years|
|Washington median age:||35.3 years|
Zip code: 98520
Wishkah CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $201,924 (it was $122,200 in 2000)
- White alone - 1,400 (94.0%)
- Two or more races - 30 (2.0%)
- American Indian alone - 21 (1.4%)
- Hispanic - 19 (1.3%)
- Asian alone - 9 (0.6%)
- Black alone - 8 (0.5%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 2 (0.1%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Elevation: 140 feet
Land area: 175.4 square miles.
Population density: 9.0 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Wishkah:
- High school or higher: 90.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.3%
- Unemployed: 6.0%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 31.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wishkah CCD:
- Never married: 22.3%
- Now married: 65.9%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 4.5%
- Divorced: 7.3%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Wishkah CCD:||0.9% ($1,117)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lakewood, WA (57.5 miles , pop. 58,211).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Seattle, WA (73.5 miles , pop. 563,374).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (947.0 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Aberdeen Gardens, WA (2.6 miles ), Wynoochee, WA (3.1 miles ), Humptulips, WA (3.4 miles ), Junction City, WA (3.7 miles) , Aberdeen, WA (3.7 miles ), Central Park, WA (3.7 miles ), Montesano, WA (3.8 miles ), Hoquiam, WA (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 47.17 N, Longitude: 123.75 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 360
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (13%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Wood products (9%)
- Truck transportation (6%)
- Machinery, equipment, and supplies merchant wholesalers (5%)
- Paper (4%)
- Other transportation, and support activities, and couriers (4%)
- Educational services (17%)
- Accommodation and food services (12%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Health care (9%)
- Department and other general merchandise stores (5%)
- Real estate and rental and leasing (5%)
- Private households (5%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (12%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (10%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (10%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (6%)
- Fishing and hunting, and forest and logging workers (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (12%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (9%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (8%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (6%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Other teachers and instructors, education, training, and library occupations (4%)
Average climate in Wishkah, Washington
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Wishkah-area historical earthquake activity is near Washington state average. It is 151% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 58.9 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 2/28/2001 at 18:54:32, a magnitude 6.8 (6.5 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.8 MW, Depth: 32.2 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 55.2 miles away from Wishkah center, causing $2,000,000,000 total damage and $305,000,000 insured losses
On 4/29/1965 at 15:28:43, a magnitude 6.6 (6.6 UK) earthquake occurred 67.3 miles away from the city center, causing $28,000,000 total damage
On 7/3/1999 at 01:43:54, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.3 ME, Depth: 25.2 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 25.3 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 456.1 miles away from Wishkah center
On 8/17/1991 at 22:17:14, a magnitude 7.1 (6.2 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.1 MW, 6.8 ML, Depth: 8.4 mi) earthquake occurred 385.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), energy magnitude (ME), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grays Harbor County (22) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 21
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 17, Storms: 13, Mudslides: 8, Landslides: 6, Winter Storms: 4, Heavy Rains: 2, Snows: 2, Earthquake: 1, Hurricane: 1, Volcanic Eruption: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Wishkah:
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL HOSPICE (Hospital, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- GRAYS HARBOR COMMUNITY HOSPITA (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- HARBOR HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- GRAYS HARBOR COMMUNITY HOSPITAL Acute Care Hospitals (about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- GRAYS HARBOR CONVALESCENT CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- GRAYS HARBOR HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wishkah:
- The Evergreen State College (about 37 miles; Olympia, WA; Full-time enrollment: 4,613)
- South Puget Sound Community College (about 40 miles; Olympia, WA; FT enrollment: 3,981)
- Centralia College (about 49 miles; Centralia, WA; FT enrollment: 2,354)
- Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom (about 56 miles; Lakewood, WA; FT enrollment: 5,228)
- Tacoma Community College (about 58 miles; Tacoma, WA; FT enrollment: 6,622)
- Clover Park Technical College (about 59 miles; Lakewood, WA; FT enrollment: 4,185)
- Olympic College (about 60 miles; Bremerton, WA; FT enrollment: 6,158)
Notable locations in Wishkah: Aberdeen Gardens (A), Lytle Landing (B), Grays Harbor County Fire District 10 Station 3 Aberdeen Gardens (C), Grays Harbor County Fire District 10 Station 2 (D), Grays Harbor Fire District 10 Station 1 (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Grisdale Pond (A), Wishkah Reservoir Number Two (B), Aberdeen Reservoir (C), Wishkah Reservoir Number Three (D). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Big Creek (A), East Fork Wishkah River (B), Falls Creek (C), Larsen Creek (D), Middle Fork Hoquiam River (E), Parker Creek (F), Ramey Creek (G), Rock Creek (H), Webfoot Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Wishkah: Olympic State Wildlife Recreation Area (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2003 was 28.4. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 7.42. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 13.9 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.5% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Wishkah compared to Washington state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (54%)
- Wood (34%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (4%)
- Other fuel (3%)
Religion statistics for Wishkah CCD (based on Grays Harbor County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 30.79%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Assemblies of God||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America|
|Name||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Lutheran Church||Baptist General Conference||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grays Harbor County:||3.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||2.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||2.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||4.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||33.8%|
5.17% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,151 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved from foreign countries ($433 average AGI)
Grays Harbor County: 0.05% Washington average: 0.14%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Thurston County, WA||0.88% ($35,151 average AGI)|
|from King County, WA||0.63% ($39,770)|
|from Pierce County, WA||0.47% ($37,230)|
5.96% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,355 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Wishkah:
- KXRO (1320 AM; 5 kW; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KIRO (710 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KTTH (770 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KGNW (820 AM; 50 kW; BURIEN-SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KJR (950 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA)
- KOMO (1000 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - SEATTLE RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KYCW (1090 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KMAS (1030 AM; 10 kW; SHELTON, WA; Owner: SOUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KIXI (880 AM; 50 kW; MERCER ISLAND/SEATTL, WA; Owner: BELLEVUE RADIO, INC.)
- KKOL (1300 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KNWX (1210 AM; 28 kW; AUBURN-FEDERAL WAY, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KRKO (1380 AM; 50 kW; EVERETT, WA; Owner: S-R BROADCASTING, CO.)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wishkah:
- KAYO-FM (99.3 FM; ELMA, WA; Owner: SOUTH SOUND BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KFMY (97.7 FM; RAYMOND, WA; Owner: SOUTH SOUND BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KGY-FM (96.9 FM; MCCLEARY, WA; Owner: KGY, INC.)
- KXXK (95.3 FM; HOQUIAM, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KRXY (94.5 FM; SHELTON, WA; Owner: PREMIER BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KSWW (102.1 FM; MONTESANO, WA; Owner: JODESHA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KMNT (102.9 FM; CENTRALIA, WA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KJET (105.7 FM; SOUTH BEND, WA; Owner: JODESHA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KDUX-FM (104.7 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- K205EN (88.9 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K207DB (89.3 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- K205DD (88.9 FM; BREMERTON, WA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)