We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||38.8 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53968.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,459 (it was $14,787 in 2000)
Woodland town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $159,566 (it was $103,400 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $186,844; Detached houses: $198,237; Townhouses or other attached units: $204,377; In 2-unit structures: $134,498; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $60,699; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $250,234; Mobile homes: $33,158
Races in Woodland, WI (2010)
- 78299.0%White alone
- 40.5%Black alone
- 10.1%Two or more races
|Rural photo shoot location outside Madison (10 replies)|
|Former Wisconsinites...where did you move to and how do you like it in comparison to WI? (433 replies)|
|Images of Wisconsin (1630 replies)|
|Any advice for an incoming UWM student? (10 replies)|
|Wisconsin Deer Season (70 replies)|
|Getting really frustrated trying to find a place to rent (12 replies)|
Latest news from Woodland, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (43.6%), Irish (15.3%), English (9.8%), Norwegian (9.3%), Swiss (7.3%), United States (7.3%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 952 feet
Land area: 36.1 square miles.
Population density: 22 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Woodland:
- High school or higher: 76.8%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.9%
- Unemployed: 1.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Woodland town:
- Never married: 18.4%
- Now married: 71.1%
- Separated: 1.5%
- Widowed: 4.4%
- Divorced: 4.6%
5 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Woodland town:||1.1% ($1,179)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: La Crosse, WI (51.4 miles , pop. 51,818).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (55.9 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (178.1 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Wonewoc, WI (2.2 miles ), Cazenovia, WI (2.3 miles ), La Valle, WI (2.5 miles ), Hillsboro, WI (2.5 miles ), Ironton, WI (2.5 miles ), Union Center, WI (2.6 miles ), Henrietta, WI (2.9 miles ), Yuba, WI (3.1 miles) .
Latitude: 43.59 N, Longitude: 90.25 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 608
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (34%)
- Construction (14%)
- Metal and metal products (9%)
- Accommodation and food services (5%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (4%)
- Printing and related support activities (3%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (3%)
- Health care (16%)
- Electronic shopping and mail-order houses (10%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (6%)
- Electrical equipment, appliances, and components (6%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Farmers and farm managers (28%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%)
- Electricians (5%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (6%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (6%)
- Metal workers and plastic workers (6%)
- Customer service representatives (6%)
- Nursing, psychiatric, and home health aides (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
Average climate in Woodland, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Woodland-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 44% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/19/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 19.9 miles away from the Woodland town center killed one person and caused between $5000 and $50,000 in damages.
On 6/7/1984, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 42.6 miles away from the town center killed 9 people and injured 200 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Woodland-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 88% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 376.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 162.6 miles away from Woodland center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 352.0 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 319.1 miles away from the city center
On 9/2/1999 at 16:17:29, a magnitude 3.5 (3.5 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 135.7 miles away from Woodland center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 375.2 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Sauk County (11) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 9
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 9, Tornadoes: 5, Drought: 1, Hurricane: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Woodland:
- ST JOSEPHS HLTH SVCS Critical Access Hospitals (about 7 miles away; HILLSBORO, WI)
- ST JOSEPHS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 7 miles away; HILLSBORO, WI)
- HESS HOME HLTH (Home Health Center, about 10 miles away; MAUSTON, WI)
- MILE BLUFF MEDICAL CENTER, INC Acute Care Hospitals (about 10 miles away; MAUSTON, WI)
- SAUK CO HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 13 miles away; REEDSBURG, WI)
- REEDSBURG MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, INC (Hospital, about 13 miles away; REEDSBURG, WI)
- RIDGEVIEW TERRACE LONG TERM CARE (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; REEDSBURG, WI)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Woodland:
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 52 miles; La Crosse, WI; Full-time enrollment: 9,837)
- Viterbo University (about 52 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
- Western Technical College (about 53 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (about 56 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 34,621)
- Edgewood College (about 56 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 2,455)
- University of Wisconsin Colleges (about 56 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 10,019)
- Madison Area Technical College (about 57 miles; Madison, WI; FT enrollment: 9,603)
Cemeteries: Hochmuth Cemetery (1), Oaks Cemetery (2), Solchenberger Cemetery (3), Friendswood Cemetery (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
Reservoirs: 0.5 Reservoir (A), 0.37 Reservoir (B), 0.3 Reservoir (C). Display/hide their locations on the map
Creek: Plum Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 60.0. This is better than average.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2010 was 35.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 17.6 miles away from the city center.
Drinking water stations with addresses in Woodland that have no violations reported:
- SNAPPER VICKS (Population served: 227, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
- MARDI GRAS TAVERN (Population served: 53, Primary Water Source Type: Groundwater)
|This town:||2.9 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
Woodland compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students significantly below state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (57%)
- Wood (24%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (11%)
- Electricity (5%)
- Utility gas (3%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Woodland town (based on Sauk County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Sauk County:||2.74 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.17 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Sauk County:||7.02 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||13.01 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
5.78% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,336 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved from foreign countries ($120 average AGI)
Sauk County: 0.05% Wisconsin average: 0.02%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dane County, WI||1.16% ($48,324 average AGI)|
|from Columbia County, WI||0.76% ($34,271)|
|from Juneau County, WI||0.42% ($33,802)|
5.98% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($31,545 average adjusted gross income)
0.06% of residents moved to foreign countries ($160 average AGI)
Sauk County: 0.06% Wisconsin average: 0.03%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Woodland:
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WRDB (1400 AM; 1 kW; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WNAM (1280 AM; 50 kW; NEENAH-MENASHA, WI; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSAU (550 AM; 20 kW; WAUSAU, WI; Owner: WRIG, INC.)
- WKTY (580 AM; 5 kW; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WHBY (1150 AM; 25 kW; KIMBERLY, WI; Owner: WOODWARD COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WKLJ (1290 AM; 5 kW; SPARTA, WI; Owner: SPARTA-TOMAH BROADCASTING CO., INC.)
- WTSO (1070 AM; 10 kW; MADISON, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Woodland:
- WVCX (98.9 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: VCY AMERICA, INC.)
- WRJC-FM (92.1 FM; MAUSTON, WI; Owner: WRJC, INCORPORATED)
- WNFM (104.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WBDL (102.9 FM; REEDSBURG, WI; Owner: NEWRADIO GROUP, LLC)
- WOLX-FM (94.9 FM; BARABOO, WI; Owner: ENTERCOM MADISON LICENSE, LLC.)
- WXYM (96.1 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WBOG (94.5 FM; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WRCO-FM (100.9 FM; RICHLAND CENTER, WI; Owner: FRUIT BROADCASTING, LLC)
TV broadcast stations around Woodland:
- WDLS-LP (Channel 35; TOMAH, WI; Owner: MAGNUM RADIO, INC.)
- WISC-TV (Channel 3; MADISON, WI; Owner: TELEVISION WISCONSIN, INC.)
- WMSN-TV (Channel 47; MADISON, WI; Owner: WMSN LICENSEE, LLC)
- WKOW-TV (Channel 27; MADISON, WI; Owner: WKOW TELEVISION, INC.)
- WHA-TV (Channel 21; MADISON, WI; Owner: BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE UNIV. OF WISCONSIN SYSTEM)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 12Number of bridges
- 14m46ftTotal length
- $132,000Total costs
- 2,180Total average daily traffic
- 94Total average daily truck traffic
- 2,811Total future (year 2027) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics