We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||47.5 years|
|Wisconsin median age:||42.6 years|
Zip codes: 53801.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $20,841 (it was $14,602 in 2000)
Wyalusing town income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $164,447 (it was $97,300 in 2000)
Races in Wyalusing, WI (2010)
- 33195.7%White alone
- 41.2%American Indian alone
- 10.3%Two or more races
|The 10 Most Beautiful Nature Areas of Wisconsin? (41 replies)|
|How much does weather vary across the state? (20 replies)|
|Moving To Appleton, Wisconsin (18 replies)|
|Opinions please on the ICE AGE TRAIL (16 replies)|
|Best Hiking Trails in Wisconsin? (31 replies)|
|Suggest a weekend getaway for me and the hubbs, please! (8 replies)|
Latest news from Wyalusing, WI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (44.6%), English (15.9%), Irish (9.5%), Scottish (5.1%), French (4.6%), Norwegian (3.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Elevation: 650 feet
Land area: 39.9 square miles.
Population density: 8.7 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Wyalusing:
- High school or higher: 85.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.6%
- Unemployed: 4.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 23.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wyalusing town:
- Never married: 15.6%
- Now married: 69.2%
- Separated: 0.8%
- Widowed: 9.5%
- Divorced: 4.9%
5 residents are foreign born
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Wyalusing town:||1.0% ($975)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Dubuque, IA (36.5 miles , pop. 57,686).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Madison, WI (86.4 miles , pop. 208,054).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (190.2 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Bagley, WI (1.6 miles ), Clayton, IA (1.9 miles) , Bridgeport, WI (2.3 miles ), Patch Grove, WI (2.5 miles) , McGregor, IA (2.7 miles ), Prairie du Chien, WI (2.8 miles ), Marquette, IA (2.9 miles ), Garnavillo, IA (3.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 1 building, cost: $75,000
- 1998: 4 buildings, average cost: $88,800
- 1999: 2 buildings, average cost: $102,500
- 2000: 5 buildings, average cost: $44,700
- 2001: 5 buildings, average cost: $68,800
- 2002: 2 buildings, average cost: $100,000
- 2003: 3 buildings, average cost: $138,000
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $74,900
- 2005: 2 buildings, average cost: $75,500
- 2006: 4 buildings, average cost: $176,000
- 2007: 4 buildings, average cost: $137,500
- 2009: 1 building, cost: $140,000
- 2010: 1 building, cost: $24,500
- 2011: 1 building, cost: $490,000
- 2012: 2 buildings, average cost: $110,000
- 2014: 2 buildings, average cost: $60,000
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 42.94 N, Longitude: 91.09 W
Unemployment by year (%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (30%)
- Construction (16%)
- Nonmetallic mineral products (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Wood products (5%)
- Machinery (4%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (23%)
- Health care (13%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation (8%)
- Electronic shopping and mail-order houses (5%)
- Furniture and home furnishings, and household appliance stores (4%)
- Farmers and farm managers (25%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (7%)
- Assemblers and fabricators (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (5%)
- Electricians (5%)
- Supervisors and other personal care and service workers except personal appearance, transportation, and child care workers (4%)
- Construction trades workers except carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, and construction laborers (4%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (13%)
- Waiters and waitresses (12%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Child care workers (7%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (7%)
- Other healthcare support occupations (5%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (5%)
Average climate in Wyalusing, Wisconsin
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Wyalusing-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Wisconsin state average. It is 62% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/30/1954, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 17.1 miles away from the Wyalusing town center .
On 5/15/1968, a category F5 (max. wind speeds 261-318 mph) tornado 38.8 miles away from the town center killed 5 people and injured 156 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Wyalusing-area historical earthquake activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 353.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 152.0 miles away from Wyalusing center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 330.6 miles away from the city center
On 7/9/1975 at 14:54:15, a magnitude 4.6 (4.6 MB) earthquake occurred 309.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 384.3 miles away from Wyalusing center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 352.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grant County (17) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 15
Emergencies Declared: 2
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 14, Storms: 12, Tornadoes: 7, Winds: 2, Drought: 1, Heavy Rain: 1, Hurricane: 1, Mudslide: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Wyalusing:
- GREAT RIVER CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; MC GREGOR, IA)
- PRAIRIE MAISON (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI)
- PRAIRIE DU CHIEN MEM HSPTL Critical Access Hospitals (about 8 miles away; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI)
- GUNDERSEN LUTHERAN RENAL DIALYSIS - PRAIRIE DU CHIEN (Dialysis Facility, about 8 miles away; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI)
- G AND G LIVING-WESTSIDE (Hospital, about 9 miles away; GARNAVILLO, IA)
- GUTTENBERG MUNICIPAL HOSPITAL Critical Access Hospitals (about 11 miles away; GUTTENBERG, IA)
- GUTTENBERG CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; GUTTENBERG, IA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wyalusing:
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville (about 34 miles; Platteville, WI; Full-time enrollment: 7,679)
- Upper Iowa University (about 37 miles; Fayette, IA; FT enrollment: 5,275)
- Northeast Iowa Community College-Calmar (about 43 miles; Calmar, IA; FT enrollment: 3,365)
- Luther College (about 45 miles; Decorah, IA; FT enrollment: 2,700)
- Viterbo University (about 61 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 2,848)
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (about 61 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 9,837)
- Western Technical College (about 62 miles; La Crosse, WI; FT enrollment: 3,377)
Cemetery: Flint Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Rivers and creeks: Wisconsin River (A), Lane Creek (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Wyalusing include: Gasner Hollow Prairie State Natural Area (1), Wyalusing Hardwood Forest State Natural Area (2), Wyalusing Walnut Forest State Natural Area (3), Wyalusing State Park (4). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This town:||2.2 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Wyalusing town (based on Grant County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grant County:||2.44 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wisconsin:||1.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grant County:||5.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||4.12 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||9.97 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.64 / 10,000 pop.|
4.99% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,518 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Dane County, WI||0.47% ($35,409 average AGI)|
|from Iowa County, WI||0.41% ($17,143)|
|from Lafayette County, WI||0.39% ($25,562)|
5.40% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($34,907 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Wyalusing:
- WPRE (980 AM; 1 kW; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI; Owner: ROBINSON CORPORATION)
- KXEL (1540 AM; 50 kW; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- WSPT (1010 AM; 50 kW; STEVENS POINT, WI)
- WKTY (580 AM; 5 kW; LA CROSSE, WI; Owner: FAMILY RADIO, INC.)
- KKHQ (950 AM; 5 kW; OELWEIN, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- KDTH (1370 AM; 5 kW; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: RADIO DUBUQUE, INC.)
- KADR (1400 AM; 1 kW; ELKADER, IA; Owner: DESIGN HOMES, INC.)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WHO (1040 AM; 50 kW; DES MOINES, IA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WISN (1130 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wyalusing:
- WQPC (94.3 FM; PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI; Owner: ROBINSON CORPORATION)
- KOEL-FM (92.3 FM; OELWEIN, IA; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KCTN (100.1 FM; GARNAVILLO, IA; Owner: DESIGN HOMES, INC.)
- KFMW (107.9 FM; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: KXEL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KATF (92.9 FM; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: RADIO DUBUQUE, INC.)
- KUNI (90.9 FM; CEDAR FALLS, IA; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN IOWA)
- WGLR-FM (97.7 FM; LANCASTER, WI; Owner: QUEENB RADIO WISCONSIN, INC.)
- KNEI-FM (103.5 FM; WAUKON, IA; Owner: WENNES COMMUNICATIONS STATIONS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Wyalusing:
- W22CI (Channel 22; BLOOMINGTON, WI; Owner: STATE OF WISCONSIN - EDUCATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS BOARD)
- KWWL (Channel 7; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: RAYCOM AMERICA, INC.)
- KGAN (Channel 2; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: KGAN LICENSEE, LLC)
- KCRG-TV (Channel 9; CEDAR RAPIDS, IA; Owner: CEDAR RAPIDS TELEVISION CO.)
- KRIN (Channel 32; WATERLOO, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- KFXB (Channel 40; DUBUQUE, IA; Owner: DUBUQUE TV LTD. PARTNERSHIP)
- K41AD (Channel 41; LANSING, IA; Owner: IOWA PUBLIC BROADCASTING BOARD)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 13Number of bridges
- 23m75ftTotal length
- $361,000Total costs
- 13,130Total average daily traffic
- 867Total average daily truck traffic
- 21,698Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (63%)
- Wood (23%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (14%)
Wyalusing compared to Wisconsin state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.