|Median resident age:||39.0 years|
|Washington median age:||35.3 years|
Zip code: 98563
Wynoochee CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2012: $203,411 (it was $123,100 in 2000)
- White alone - 5,858 (94.1%)
- Two or more races - 112 (1.8%)
- American Indian alone - 105 (1.7%)
- Hispanic - 102 (1.6%)
- Asian alone - 40 (0.6%)
- Black alone - 6 (0.10%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 3 (0.05%)
Current Local Time: PST time zone
Land area: 253.4 square miles.
Population density: 26 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in Wynoochee:
- High school or higher: 86.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 17.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.3%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 21.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Wynoochee CCD:
- Never married: 22.7%
- Now married: 57.6%
- Separated: 0.9%
- Widowed: 7.9%
- Divorced: 11.8%
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|Wynoochee CCD:||1.1% ($1,306)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lakewood, WA (49.9 miles , pop. 58,211).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Seattle, WA (69.1 miles , pop. 563,374).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA (939.8 miles , pop. 3,694,820).
Nearest cities: Brady, WA (2.7 miles ), Montesano, WA (2.7 miles ), Satsop, WA (2.8 miles ), Aberdeen Gardens, WA (3.0 miles ), Wishkah, WA (3.1 miles ), Elma, WA (3.2 miles ), Central Park, WA (3.2 miles ), Junction City, WA (3.5 miles) .
Latitude: 47.09 N, Longitude: 123.58 W
Area code commonly used in this area: 360
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (15%)
- Wood products (12%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (5%)
- Educational services (4%)
- Health care (4%)
- Health care (17%)
- Educational services (16%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Social assistance (5%)
- Wood products (4%)
- Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers (4%)
- Accommodation and food services (4%)
- Electrical equipment mechanics and other installation, maintenance, and repair occupations including supervisors (8%)
- Other production occupations including supervisors (5%)
- Laborers and material movers, hand (5%)
- Vehicle and mobile equipment mechanics, installers, and repairers (4%)
- Material moving workers except supervisors and laborers and material movers, hand (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (4%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (3%)
- Other office and administrative support workers including supervisors (7%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (5%)
- Cashiers (5%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (4%)
- Customer service representatives (4%)
- Registered nurses (4%)
Average climate in Wynoochee, Washington
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Earthquake activity:Wynoochee-area historical earthquake activity is near Washington state average. It is 153% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/13/1949 at 19:55:42, a magnitude 7.0 (7.0 UK, Class: Major, Intensity: VIII - XII) earthquake occurred 52.0 miles away from the city center, causing $80,000,000 total damage
On 2/28/2001 at 18:54:32, a magnitude 6.8 (6.5 MB, 6.6 MS, 6.8 MW, Depth: 32.2 mi, Class: Strong, Intensity: VII - IX) earthquake occurred 47.1 miles away from Wynoochee center, causing $2,000,000,000 total damage and $305,000,000 insured losses
On 4/29/1965 at 15:28:43, a magnitude 6.6 (6.6 UK) earthquake occurred 60.6 miles away from the city center, causing $28,000,000 total damage
On 7/3/1999 at 01:43:54, a magnitude 5.8 (5.4 MB, 5.5 MS, 5.8 MW, 5.3 ME, Depth: 25.2 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 16.5 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1922 at 13:17:28, a magnitude 7.6 (7.6 UK) earthquake occurred 453.0 miles away from Wynoochee center
On 8/17/1991 at 22:17:14, a magnitude 7.1 (6.2 MB, 7.1 MS, 7.1 MW, 6.8 ML, Depth: 8.4 mi) earthquake occurred 382.8 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: body-wave magnitude (MB), energy magnitude (ME), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Grays Harbor County (22) is a lot greater than the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 21
Emergencies Declared: 1
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 17, Storms: 13, Mudslides: 8, Landslides: 6, Winter Storms: 4, Heavy Rains: 2, Snows: 2, Earthquake: 1, Hurricane: 1, Volcanic Eruption: 1, Wind: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Wynoochee:
- MONTESANO HEALTH AND REHAB CENTER (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; MONTESANO, WA)
- EDGEWOOD MANOR OF GRAYS HARBOR, INC (Nursing Home, about 8 miles away; MONTESANO, WA)
- BEECHWOOD NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; ELMA, WA)
- OAKHURST CONVALESCENT CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; ELMA, WA)
- HARBOR HEALTH CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- COMMUNITY HOSPITAL HOSPICE (Hospital, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
- ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL (Hospital, about 14 miles away; ABERDEEN, WA)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Wynoochee:
- The Evergreen State College (about 29 miles; Olympia, WA; Full-time enrollment: 4,613)
- South Puget Sound Community College (about 32 miles; Olympia, WA; FT enrollment: 3,981)
- Centralia College (about 40 miles; Centralia, WA; FT enrollment: 2,354)
- Pierce College at Fort Steilacoom (about 48 miles; Lakewood, WA; FT enrollment: 5,228)
- Tacoma Community College (about 51 miles; Tacoma, WA; FT enrollment: 6,622)
- Clover Park Technical College (about 52 miles; Lakewood, WA; FT enrollment: 4,185)
- University of Puget Sound (about 54 miles; Tacoma, WA; FT enrollment: 2,788)
Notable locations in Wynoochee: Wynoochee Falls Campground (A), Wynoochee Shelter (B), Satsop Work Center (C), Montesano Sewage Treatment Plant (D), Anderson Butte Lookout (E), Schafer (F), City of Montesano Fire Department (G), Montesano Health and Rehabilitation Center (H), Wynoochee Valley Grange (I), Grays Harbor County Fire District 2 Wynoochee Station 33 (J), City of Montesano Ambulance Service (K), Grays Harbor Fire District 2 Station 32 (L), Grays Harbor County District Court 1 (M), Montesano Timberland Library - W H Abel Memorial Library (N). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Center: Montesano Shopping Center (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in Wynoochee include: Calvary Chapel of Montesano (A), Montesano Washington Presbyterian Church (B), Montesano Church of God (C), Saint Mark's Episcopal Church (D), First Baptist Church (E), Landmark Apostolic Church (F), Montesano Assembly of God Church (G), Montesano United Methodist Church (H), Saint John's Catholic Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemetery: Wynooche Cemetery (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Satsop Lakes (A), Sylvia Lake (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Canyon River (A), Carter Creek (B), Chikamin Creek (C), Clark Creek (D), Coal Creek (E), Copper Creek (F), East Fork Satsop River (G), Helm Creek (H), Little River (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in Wynoochee: Lake Sylvia State Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2003 was 28.4. This is significantly better than average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2003 was 7.42. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 14.5 miles away from the city center.
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Residents with income below the poverty level in 2009:
Residents with income below 50% of the poverty level in 2009:
People in group quarters in Wynoochee in 2000:
- 125 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 17 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 10 people in homes for the mentally retarded
Wynoochee compared to Washington state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (65%)
- Utility gas (19%)
- Wood (10%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (5%)
- Fuel oil, kerosene, etc. (1%)
Religion statistics for Wynoochee CCD (based on Grays Harbor County data)Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 30.79%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
|Name||Catholic Church||LDS (Mormon) Church||Assemblies of God||Presbyterian Church (USA)||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America|
|Name||United Methodist Church||Southern Baptist Convention||Lutheran Church||Baptist General Conference||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
|Grays Harbor County:||3.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||2.06 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||2.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Washington:||1.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||4.21 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.67 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||8.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||8.26 / 10,000 pop.|
|Grays Harbor County:||33.8%|
5.17% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($36,151 average adjusted gross income)
0.05% of residents moved from foreign countries ($433 average AGI)
Grays Harbor County: 0.05% Washington average: 0.14%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Thurston County, WA||0.88% ($35,151 average AGI)|
|from King County, WA||0.63% ($39,770)|
|from Pierce County, WA||0.47% ($37,230)|
5.96% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,355 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Wynoochee:
- KIRO (710 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KXRO (1320 AM; 5 kW; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KTTH (770 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KGNW (820 AM; 50 kW; BURIEN-SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KJR (950 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA)
- KMAS (1030 AM; 10 kW; SHELTON, WA; Owner: SOUND BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KOMO (1000 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: FISHER BROADCASTING - SEATTLE RADIO, L.L.C.)
- KYCW (1090 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INFINITY RADIO SUBSIDIARY OPERATIONS INC.)
- KIXI (880 AM; 50 kW; MERCER ISLAND/SEATTL, WA; Owner: BELLEVUE RADIO, INC.)
- KKOL (1300 AM; 50 kW; SEATTLE, WA; Owner: INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC.)
- KNWX (1210 AM; 28 kW; AUBURN-FEDERAL WAY, WA; Owner: ENTERCOM SEATTLE LICENSE, LLC)
- KPOJ (620 AM; 50 kW; PORTLAND, OR; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KRKO (1380 AM; 50 kW; EVERETT, WA; Owner: S-R BROADCASTING, CO.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Wynoochee:
- KAYO-FM (99.3 FM; ELMA, WA; Owner: SOUTH SOUND BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KFMY (97.7 FM; RAYMOND, WA; Owner: SOUTH SOUND BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KSWW (102.1 FM; MONTESANO, WA; Owner: JODESHA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KGY-FM (96.9 FM; MCCLEARY, WA; Owner: KGY, INC.)
- KRXY (94.5 FM; SHELTON, WA; Owner: PREMIER BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- KMNT (102.9 FM; CENTRALIA, WA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KXXK (95.3 FM; HOQUIAM, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- KDUX-FM (104.7 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: MCC RADIO, LLC)
- K205EN (88.9 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K207DB (89.3 FM; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION)
- KJET (105.7 FM; SOUTH BEND, WA; Owner: JODESHA BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KXXO (96.1 FM; OLYMPIA, WA; Owner: 3 CITIES, INC.)
- K205DD (88.9 FM; BREMERTON, WA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
- K220HE (91.9 FM; CHEHALIS, WA; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Wynoochee:
- K23AS (Channel 23; ABERDEEN, WA; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)