Yates City, Illinois
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
|Median resident age:||38.5 years|
|Illinois median age:||37.7 years|
Zip codes: 61572.
Estimated per capita income in 2015: $22,704 (it was $18,036 in 2000)
Yates City village income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2015: $88,905 (it was $65,800 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2015: $611.
Races in Yates City, IL (2010)
- 67797.7%White alone
- 121.7%Two or more races
- 10.1%Black alone
- 10.1%Asian alone
|Help needed---search for old family friends within an hour or less drive of Peoria... (20 replies)|
Latest news from Yates City, IL collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: German (20.8%), American (15.3%), English (14.9%), Irish (12.5%), French (4.9%), Dutch (4.5%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Incorporated on 04/01/1912
Elevation: 673 feet
Land area: 0.59 square miles.
Population density: 1,155 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Yates City:
- High school or higher: 91.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.0%
- Unemployed: 2.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 32.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Yates City village:
- Never married: 23.8%
- Now married: 60.2%
- Separated: 0.3%
- Widowed: 8.0%
- Divorced: 7.6%
3 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Illinois and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in Yates City, Illinois as of June 28, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in Yates City to the number of sex offenders is 171 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2015: $2,445 (2.7%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2015: $1,931 (2.2%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Peoria, IL (21.6 miles , pop. 112,936).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Chicago, IL (141.9 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Elmwood, IL (1.6 miles ), Farmington, IL (2.3 miles ), Maquon, IL (2.8 miles ), Brimfield, IL (2.8 miles ), Williamsfield, IL (3.2 miles ), Norris, IL (3.3 miles) , Gilson, IL (3.4 miles) , Fairview, IL (3.6 miles ).
Latitude: 40.78 N, Longitude: 90.02 W
Area code: 309
|Crime rates in Yates City by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 303.7)||179.5||81.8||83.3||39.7||187.7||70.9||96.4||85.1||505.2||69.6|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Yates City detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||1.44|
Unemployment by year (%)
- Transportation and warehousing (21%)
- Retail trade (18%)
- Manufacturing (13%)
- Wholesale trade (9%)
- Construction (8%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (5%)
- Health care and social assistance (24%)
- Retail trade (23%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Transportation occupations (16%)
- Installation, maintenance, and repair occupations (11%)
- Management occupations (10%)
- Construction and extraction occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (7%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (28%)
- Sales and related occupations (18%)
- Health technologists and technicians (8%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Health diagnosing and treating practitioners and other technical occupations (7%)
- Business and financial operations occupations (6%)
Average climate in Yates City, Illinois
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Yates City-area historical tornado activity is near Illinois state average. It is 80% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/29/1976, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 14.0 miles away from the Yates City village center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/13/1995, a category F4 tornado 25.4 miles away from the village center injured 45 people and caused between $5,000,000 and $50,000,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Yates City-area historical earthquake activity is slightly below Illinois state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 196.9 miles away from the city center
On 6/10/1987 at 23:48:54, a magnitude 5.1 (4.9 MB, 4.4 MS, 4.6 MS, 5.1 LG) earthquake occurred 176.5 miles away from Yates City center
On 6/18/2002 at 17:37:15, a magnitude 5.0 (4.3 MB, 4.6 MW, 5.0 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 227.0 miles away from the city center
On 6/28/2004 at 06:10:52, a magnitude 4.2 (4.0 MB, 4.2 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 74.8 miles away from the city center
On 4/18/2008 at 15:14:16, a magnitude 4.8 (4.5 MB, 4.8 MW, 4.6 MW, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 196.7 miles away from Yates City center
On 4/3/1974 at 23:05:02, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG) earthquake occurred 182.5 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Knox County (8) is smaller than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 5
Emergencies Declared: 3
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 5, Floods: 4, Snows: 2, Hurricane: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Wind: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near Yates City:
- FARMINGTON COUNTRY MANOR (Nursing Home, about 6 miles away; FARMINGTON, IL)
- SPOON RIVER HOME HLTH SERVICES (Home Health Center, about 6 miles away; FARMINGTON, IL)
- EMERALD ESTATES (Hospital, about 15 miles away; CANTON, IL)
- RENAISSANCE CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CANTON, IL)
- HEARTLAND OF CANTON (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CANTON, IL)
- GRAHAM HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION (Home Health Center, about 16 miles away; CANTON, IL)
- SUNSET REHABILITATION AND HEALTH CARE (Nursing Home, about 16 miles away; CANTON, IL)
airports located in Yates City:
- Tri-County Airport (2C6) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 5,000, Local Ops: 5,000)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Yates City:
- Bradley University (about 22 miles; Peoria, IL; Full-time enrollment: 5,152)
- Illinois Central College (about 27 miles; East Peoria, IL; FT enrollment: 7,158)
- Western Illinois University (about 42 miles; Macomb, IL; FT enrollment: 10,755)
- Black Hawk College (about 54 miles; Moline, IL; FT enrollment: 5,086)
- Heartland Community College (about 56 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 3,958)
- Illinois State University (about 57 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 18,804)
- Augustana College (about 58 miles; Rock Island, IL; FT enrollment: 2,555)
Notable locations in Yates City: Yates City Community Center (A), Elba - Salem Fire Protection District (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Church in Yates City: Faith United Presbyterian Church (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2013 was 59.4. This is better than average.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2013 was 1.32. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 20.8 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2013 was 27.3. This is about average. Closest monitor was 22.3 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 18.4. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.2 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2013 was 8.33. This is about average. Closest monitor was 23.3 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2009 was 0.0102. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 20.8 miles away from the city center.
(10.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 100.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 100.0% for other race residents)
|This village:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
No gay or lesbian households reported
Banks with branches in Yates City (2011 data):
- Bank of Yates City: Bank Of Yates City at 107 E Main Street, branch established on 1871/01/01. Info updated 2008/09/09: Bank assets: $55.8 mil, Deposits: $48.9 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 1 total offices, Holding Company: First Bancorp, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2015
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2015
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Yates City village (based on Knox County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Knox County:||2.31 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||2.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Knox County:||0.38 / 10,000 pop.|
|Illinois:||0.75 / 10,000 pop.|
|Knox County:||3.66 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.61 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.70 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.86 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||0||$0||8||$1,741|
|Police Protection - Officers||0||$0||6||$13,058|
|Streets and Highways||0||$0||1||$531|
|Other and Unallocable||0||$0||1||$1,107|
|Totals for Government||3||$19,607||$78,428||17||$17,234|
Yates City government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Water Utilities: $116,000 ($171.09)
Police Protection: $46,000 ($67.85)
Regular Highways: $45,000 ($66.37)
Central Staff Services: $20,000 ($29.50)
Financial Administration: $10,000 ($14.75)
General Public Buildings: $7,000 ($10.32)
General - Other: $2,000 ($2.95)
- General - Interest on Debt: $0 ($0.00)
- Other Capital Outlay - Water Utilities: $9,000 ($13.27)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $81,000 ($119.47)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $22,000 ($32.45)
Yates City government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $11,000 ($16.22)
Interest Earnings: $9,000 ($13.27)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $189,000 ($278.76)
- State Intergovernmental - General Support: $63,000 ($92.92)
Highways: $20,000 ($29.50)
All Other: $8,000 ($11.80)
- Tax - Property: $35,000 ($51.62)
Public Utilities: $26,000 ($38.35)
NEC: $3,000 ($4.42)
Yates City government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Water Utilities: $364,000 ($536.87)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Water Utilities: $352,000 ($519.17)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Water Utilities: $12,000 ($17.70)
Yates City government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $261,000 ($384.96)
4.51% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($34,667 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Peoria County, IL||0.48% ($48,412 average AGI)|
|from Warren County, IL||0.45% ($29,473)|
|from Cook County, IL||0.24% ($20,184)|
4.88% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($32,786 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Yates City:
- WAIK (1590 AM; 5 kW; GALESBURG, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WVEL (1140 AM; daytime; 5 kW; PEKIN, IL)
- WWFS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WSCR (670 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMBD (1470 AM; 5 kW; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WGN (720 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WGN CONTINENTAL BROADCASTING CO.)
- WLS (890 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: WLS, INC.)
- WBBM (780 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WYLL (1160 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: SCA LICENSE CORPORATION)
- WMVP (1000 AM; 50 kW; CHICAGO, IL; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WTMJ (620 AM; 50 kW; MILWAUKEE, WI; Owner: JOURNAL BROADCAST CORPORATION)
- KXEN (1010 AM; 50 kW; FESTUS-ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: BDJ RADIO ENTERPRISES, LLC)
- KMOX (1120 AM; 50 kW; ST. LOUIS, MO; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Yates City:
- WWCT (96.5 FM; FARMINGTON, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WZPW (92.3 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: B&G BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WIXO (99.9 FM; BARTONVILLE, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WPPY (101.1 FM; GLASFORD, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WFYR (97.3 FM; ELMWOOD, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WAAG (94.9 FM; GALESBURG, IL; Owner: GALESBURG BROADCASTING CO.)
- WCBU (89.9 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: BRADLEY UNIVERSITY)
- WKAY (105.3 FM; KNOXVILLE, IL; Owner: GALESBURG BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WBYS-FM (107.9 FM; CANTON, IL; Owner: WPW BROADCASTING, INC.)
- WLSR (92.7 FM; GALESBURG, IL; Owner: GALESBURG BROADCASTING COMPANY)
- WXMP (105.7 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: AAA ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING LLC)
- WBNH (88.5 FM; PEKIN, IL; Owner: CENTRAL ILLINOIS RADIO FELLOWSHIP, INC.)
- WGLO (95.5 FM; PEKIN, IL; Owner: REGENT BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, INC.)
- WPBG (93.3 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WHTS (98.9 FM; ROCK ISLAND, IL; Owner: MERCURY BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- WSWT (106.9 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: MONTEREY LICENSES, LLC)
- WCIC (91.5 FM; PEKIN, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS BIBLE INSTITUTE, INC.)
- WJRE (102.5 FM; GALVA, IL; Owner: VIRDEN BROADCASTING CORP.)
- W278AE (103.5 FM; PEORIA, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Yates City:
- KWQC-TV (Channel 6; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: YOUNG BROADCASTING OF DAVENPORT, INC.)
- WHOI (Channel 19; PEORIA, IL; Owner: CHELSEY BROADCASTING COMPANY OF PEORIA, LLC)
- WTVP (Channel 47; PEORIA, IL; Owner: ILLINOIS VALLEY PUB TELECOMM CORP)
- WQAD-TV (Channel 8; MOLINE, IL; Owner: NEW YORK TIMES MANAGEMENT SERVICES)
- WEEK-TV (Channel 25; PEORIA, IL; Owner: WEEK-TV LICENSE, INC.)
- KLJB-TV (Channel 18; DAVENPORT, IA; Owner: QUAD CITIES TELEVISION ACQUISITION CORP.)
- WQPT-TV (Channel 24; MOLINE, IL; Owner: BLACK HAWK COLLEGE)
- WMBD-TV (Channel 31; PEORIA, IL; Owner: NEXSTAR BROADCASTING OF PEORIA, L.L.C.)
- WAOE (Channel 59; PEORIA, IL; Owner: FOUR SEASONS PEORIA, LLC)
- W50BY (Channel 50; GALESBURG, IL; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 1Number of bridges
- 1m3ftTotal length
- 950Total average daily traffic
- 104Total average daily truck traffic
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:3
- Call Sign: KA9QMT, Licensee ID: L01100555, Grant Date: 01/08/2016, Expiration Date: 03/26/2026, Certifier: Steven W Frakes, Registrant: Steven W Frakes, Yates City, IL 61572
- Call Sign: KA9VQP, Licensee ID: L01152213, Grant Date: 05/16/2006, Expiration Date: 08/07/2016, Certifier: Kim M Frakes, Registrant: Kim M Frakes, Box 121, Yates City, IL 61572
- Call Sign: W9GSA, Grant Date: 08/30/1988, Expiration Date: 08/30/1998, Cancellation Date: 09/01/2000, Registrant: Paul D Gibb, 215 Main, Yates City, IL 61572
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
|Most common first names in Yates City, IL among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Yates City, IL among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (81%)
- Electricity (18%)
Yates City compared to Illinois state average:
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Total of 5 patent applications in 2008-2017.