- Critical. (A) Except as specified under (B) of this section, if time only, rather than time in conjunction with temperature, is used as the public health control for a working supply of POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS FOOD before cooking, or for READY-TO-EAT POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS FOOD that is displayed or held for service for immediate consumption: (1) The FOOD shall be marked or otherwise identified to indicate the time that is 4 hours past the point in time when the FOOD is removed from temperature control;
- Critical. FOOD Storage Containers, Identified with Common Name of FOOD. Working containers holding FOOD or FOOD ingredients that are removed from their original PACKAGES for use in the FOOD ESTABLISHMENT, such as cooking oils, flour, herbs, potato flakes, salt, spices, and sugar shall be identified with the common name of the FOOD except that containers holding FOOD that can be readily and unmistakably recognized such as dry pasta need not be identified.
- During pauses in food preparation or dispensing, food preparation and dispensing utensils shall be stored: (A) Except as specified under Paragraph (B) of this section, in the food with their handles above the top of the food and the container; (B) In food that is not potentially hazardous with their handles above the top of the food within containers or equipment that can be closed, such as bins of sugar, flour, or cinnamon;
- Characteristics. Materials that are used in the construction of UTENSILS and FOOD- CONTACT SURFACES of EQUIPMENT may not allow the migration of deleterious substances or impart colors, odors, or tastes to FOOD and under normal use conditions shall be: (A) Safe; (B) Durable, CORROSION-RESISTANT, and nonabsorbent; (C) Sufficient in weight and thickness to withstand repeated WAREWASHING; (D) Finished to have a SMOOTH, EASILY CLEANABLE surface; and (E) Resistant to pitting, chipping, crazing, scratching, scoring, distortion, and decomposition.
- Critical. Manual and Mechanical WAREWASHING EQUIPMENT, Chemical SANITIZATION - Temperature, pH, Concentration, and Hardness. A chemical sanitizer used in a SANITIZING solution for a manual or mechanical operation at exposure times specified under Paragraph 4-703.11(C) shall be listed in 21 CFR 178.1010 SANITIZING solutions, shall be used in accordance with the EPA-APPROVED manufacturer's label use instructions, and shall be used as follows: (A) A chlorine solution shall have a minimum temperature based on the concentration and pH of the solution as listed in the following chart [summarized as follows: Minimum concentration 25 mg/L at 120 degrees Fahrenheit water temperature, pH 10 or less; 50 mg/L at 100 degrees Fahrenheit water temperature (pH 10 or less) or 75 degrees Fahrenheit (pH 8 or less); 100 mg/L at 55 degrees Fahrenheit water temperature, pH 10 or less.]
- (B) Cloths used for wiping FOOD spills shall be: (2) Wet and cleaned as specified under Paragraph 4-802.11(D), stored in a chemical sanitizer at a concentration specified in Section 4-501.114, and used for wiping spills from FOOD-CONTACT and nonFOOD-CONTACT SURFACES of EQUIPMENT.
- Critical. Equipment food-contact surfaces and utensils shall be clean to sight and touch.
- (C) NonFOOD-CONTACT SURFACES of EQUIPMENT shall be kept free of an accumulation of dust, dirt, FOOD residue, and other debris.
- (A) Except as specified in Paragraph (B) of this section, cleaned and SANITIZED EQUIPMENT, UTENSILS, laundered LINENS, and SINGLE-SERVICE may not be stored: (1) In locker rooms; (2) In toilet rooms; (3) In garbage rooms; (4) In mechanical rooms; (5) Under sewer lines that are not shielded to intercept potential drips; (6) Under leaking water lines including leaking automatic fire sprinkler heads or under lines on which water has condensed; (7) Under open stairwells; or (8) Under other sources of contamination.
- Critical. (B) Using a Handwashing Facility. A handwashing lavatory may not be used for purposes other than handwashing.
- (d) Carbon dioxide and helium tanks shall be adequately secured so as to preclude any danger to safety.
|8/25/2009||Routine - Food||Inspection Completed - No Further Action|