View Single Post

Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Synopsis

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Are you now saying that the various tribes administering the IHS do not constitute a form of government?

How many millions of Americans don't have a last resort? Their last resort is ER followed by bankruptcy. I have strict instructions to my family. If I collapse wait till I am dead before you call an ambulance. I do not want to spend my final days worrying about bankrupting my estate (such as it is). And if the billions of administration money that insurance companies pay out along with shareholder dividends and corporate bonuses went into the VA, it would have a lot of better facilities and staff.
Yes, they are a government; in fact they are considered nations and have ambassadors to the US Government in Washington, DC (although I'm sure you already knew that). However, they are not the US Government with all of the fraud, waste, abuse. The nations are self-sustaining and spend their money more wisely than the US Government.

As for your last paragraph, I agree with it with the exception of the VA. Government run programs have a consistent track record of poorly managing money and they are full of fraud and abuse.

These stats are not "exactly" right but close. Something like 337 BILLION dollars runs the Medicare system. All of that money for around 43 million customers. That's billions of dollars spent on each and every person in the medicare system. Where is the rest of that money going? Into the pockets of lobbyists and corporations is my bet.