View Single Post

Old 08-17-2007, 10:53 PM
StPete2Charlotte

201 posts, read 1,282,764 times
In St. Petersburg:

Midtown - Pretty much just a bad place to be at night. Theres been multiple riots here in the past and the people who chill out at night... They are not nice.

Childs Park - a section of the Southside, its called The CPA (Childs Park After Dark) for a reason. Dudes get there hustle on and you can be there victim if you don't watch your back.

"The Southside" - I say it in quotes, cause alot of places in South St. Pete are very nice, however if you are a native you know the places I speak of with the quotes.

Gulfport - Not a bad area crime wise, but honestly, unless you are gay this place aint cool. Being heterosexual I never felt very comfortable in most of Gulfports areas. Also it is dirty. I lived near Boca Ceiga HS and the area was just dirty and run down.

Pinellas Park - Theres some pretty nice places in Pinellas Park, but others are not. Theres some high density low income apartments, and alot of trailers. It's a myth that just because this is a White neighborhood its a nice one. Theres been quite a few shootings here over the years, theres alot of homeless people amongst other problems.

I wouldn't necessarily say "avoid" these areas, but all the areas I just posted are places I have lived before and none of them were very nice. By far Childs Park and Midtown are the worst though. When you say Ghetto in St. Pete people automatically think of that, than Southside, but Southside is too broad, Midtown and CPA are the particularly bad sections of the Southside. Theres others but I am speaking from personal experience.