View Single Post

Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
cleatis

2,008 posts, read 3,325,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Then perhaps we should stop taxing people to death, encourage church attendance and let the churches handle welfare.

I don't owe jack to society, I help charities and individuals where I can and live a productive life. What do you think I owe "society"?

I'm not a greedy person at all, you should really not say things like that when you don't know someone.

I'm not discussing the war here, that's another thread, but FWIW, I don't agree with the wars.
Where would the church get the money? Through tithes and donations (which is a lot like taxes, meaning that the masses would still be paying for it). How would the churches be regulated, how could we ensure that there was no bias based on religious reasonings? Would we have the government interfere with the church's operation?

We are all a part of society. Every single one of us, whether we like it or not. If you don't think you could make it strictly by yourself (like on a desert island) then you take part in society. You take part in society by driving on the roads that society built, going to the schools that society constructed, calling for help on 911 that society pays for going to the park that society paid for, the lake that society maintains...

You don't think society influenced you in any way - what you wear, what you think, what your morals are? Aall these things you could have managed individually? Maybe you owe society more than you think?