View Single Post

Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Nozzferrahhtoo

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
To go back on topic and to summarise my points so far in this thread for people who actually are capable of replying…

Incest is a more complicated conversation that the single 6 letter word suggests.

Firstly it contains two issues which are massively different, though clearly inextricably connected. The first is the sexual exploration of a relationship between two people…. The second is procreation between those that are relatively close family.

Secondly the world is a catch all term for massively diverse things. Many on this thread have expressed the opinion that there is a clear and massive difference between a father engaging in sex with a young child of his… and two sibling or cousins of consenting age.

This leads to an issue where people generalise their opinion on the matter. They are either for or against incest as a whole. This is not helpful and is too general as many people who think they are “against” it might actually be fairly ok with certain types of it.

Third massive confusion comes from the fact that those against it are not even sure why they are against it. The thread is punctuated with people saying things like “It is wrong because…. It just is” or “It is wrong because I personally find it ikky”. These people do not seem to realise that this is not reasoning, it is bias and bigotry. Some people, like the one above me now, think that people should be magically exempt from even having to explain themselves at all, despite publicly espousing their views… and some of them even calling those who engage in it “immoral”, “amoral” or even “evil”. Some even want it illegal.

Finally the confusion is compounded by people who give the reasons they think incest is bad, but when you ask them if it would be ok if those reasons were gone away… they still say no… showing that whatever their reasons actually are… they are not what they claimed them to be!!! This really confuses things. For example people will say incest is wrong because of the trouble it causes in procreation. If you ask them is it NOT wrong therefore if for some reason the people involved can not procreate… they still say it is wrong. So whatever reason they think it is wrong… it has nothing to do with procreation.

At the end of the day however… procreation aside…. what 2 consenting adults do in a bedroom on their own has nothing to do with any of us and we have no right to call them immoral, amoral or evil. If you do not want to have sex with a close relative…. And I do not either if you were to ask me…. Then simply do not. Simple as.