View Single Post

Old 10-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Glitch

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike Ron Paul which have nothing to do with his personality or communication style. Personally, I have a very serious problem with his congressional voting record.
  • He voted against imposing sanctions against Iran.
  • He votes against almost every appropriation bill.
  • He opposes virtually any form of domestic energy policy that would reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Including opening ANWR.
  • He also voted against extending the moratorium on imposing taxes on Internet access.
On other issues he is all over the place.
  • He consistently votes against the military, but voted for the War Against Terrorism.
  • He votes against NASA, but votes for shifting $2 billion of funding from the International Space Station to NASA.
  • He voted for building a fence along the Mexican/US border, and voted against states sharing driver's license data and completing 3 miles of fence on the Mexican/US border near San Diego.
  • He voted against deploying troops to Kosovo, then voted in favor of continuing deployment of US troops in Kosovo.
  • He voted against UN reform, and voted in favor of US withdrawl from the UN.
  • He voted against the Religious Liberty Protection Act, but voted for a constitutional amendment that would permit states to display the 10 Commandments.
Based upon his voting record I have to conclude that Ron Paul is anti-military. Which I find very odd considering that he served in the military from 1963 through 1968. I also consider him to be an isolationist based on his voting record, except when it comes to energy dependence.

I find myself opposed to most of the issues Ron Paul supports, and I support many of the issues Ron Paul opposes. For that reason I dislike Ron Paul and could never vote for him.