Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:56 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,290 times

Advertisements

"That hate hadn't gone away"...."white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives." Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams Of My Father

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out, many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs. . . It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names" Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams of My Father

"I found solice in nursing a pervasive sense of grievancee and animosity against my mother's race" Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams of My Father

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,524 times
you cant call him racist because he s white as well; thats his strength !!!

He can use the N-word without fear !!!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:12 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
"That hate hadn't gone away"...."white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives." Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams Of My Father

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out, many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs. . . It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names" Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams of My Father

"I found solice in nursing a pervasive sense of grievancee and animosity against my mother's race" Barack Hussein Obama from Dreams of My Father
Sounds like a young multi-racial male trying to figure out his identity. Was your experience dealing with it different?

Old 03-30-2008, 10:15 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
I don't actually call those racist comments. I think people read into things, and he was talking about his past. If I said that some blacks were cruel, would I be a racist? (Sounds like an interesting book, I should buy it.) Some blacks are cruel. I can honestly say that much of the human race can be very cruel, so does that mean that I am against all humans? At least, unlike God, I do not Damn them by condemning them in hell forever for the misdeeds that they managed to do in their short lifetime on earth. And if you think that many in the white race hasn't been cruel and to a large degree still is cruel to blacks then you have not been in their shoes and had to deal with what they go through. History is replete with the cruelty that mankind has heaped upon others, mostly in the name of religion, but even without it.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:

Those look like rather thoughtful comments.

Very unlike Bill Clinton absurdly announcing he was the first black president.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:07 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I don't actually call those racist comments. I think people read into things, and he was talking about his past. If I said that some blacks were cruel, would I be a racist? (Sounds like an interesting book, I should buy it.) Some blacks are cruel. I can honestly say that much of the human race can be very cruel, so does that mean that I am against all humans? At least, unlike God, I do not Damn them by condemning them in hell forever for the misdeeds that they managed to do in their short lifetime on earth. And if you think that many in the white race hasn't been cruel and to a large degree still is cruel to blacks then you have not been in their shoes and had to deal with what they go through. History is replete with the cruelty that mankind has heaped upon others, mostly in the name of religion, but even without it.
Good post. On the comments of the book, I think some people try to read something into the remarks because they do not like Obama for whatever reason. Whites have been and still are to a good degree hateful towards
Blacks. We have not walked in your shoes, but it is about time that we look past color and see the person.
Sassy

Old 03-30-2008, 11:13 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Quote:
All of you who are defending quotations like the above as being "thoughtful" and saying he was just a confused young man or whatever, imagine how you would react if it came to light that John McCain had published similar remarks about black people. That wouldn't be so "thoughtful", would it?

NObama 2008! McCain/Romney! A vote for Obama is a vote for Osama!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:

Calling those statements "racist" makes you appear hypersensitive in a very weak manner. You're really searching far too hard to find reasons to justify your hate for Obama.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:30 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
All of you who are defending quotations like the above as being "thoughtful" and saying he was just a confused young man or whatever, imagine how you would react if it came to light that John McCain had published similar remarks about black people. That wouldn't be so "thoughtful", would it?
If you'd give your statement just a minute's worth of consideration before posting, it wouldn't come across as inappropriate.

John McCain has never suffered discrimination, institutionalized racism, and lack of opportunity at the hands of a black majority. If he made similar remarks to those of Obama, they'd be ridiculous. He'd never have a reason to make such remarks. It's totally outside of his experience.

Quote:
Now you're being ridiculous.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:33 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post

Yeah... because the black power system in this country controls the lives of the oppressed whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections