View Single Post

Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
rayneinspain

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I think violence against men is more of a problem, women have more than enough protection and legal recourse. If they go back with a guy who has hit them it is their fault.

Women though seem to be able to hit men with impunity and they also expect not to be hit back, I see it all the time. I would never hit a woman, if some trashy girl hit me I would just walk away. however, in my opinion if a girl acts like a man they deserve to be treated like a man and SMACKED back down to earth if they dare challenge the dominance of men by hitting them.
I'd love to see your 'facts'.

Quote:
Wives are more likely to be killed by their husbands than the reverse (59% to 41% per Department of Justice study), and women in general are more likely to be killed by their spouses than by all other types of assailants combined.
Domestic violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Men tend to under-estimate their use of violence, while women tend to over-estimate their use of violence. Simultaneously men tend to over-estimate their parter's use of violence while women tend to under-estimate their partner's use of violence. Thus, men will likely over-estimate their victimization, while women tend to underestimate theirs. As evidence of this, men are more likely to call the police, press charges and less likely to drop charges than are women (see Schwartz, 1987, Rouse, et al, 1988, Kincaid, 1982, and Ferrante, et al, 1996).
http://www.ncdsv.org/images/male_DV_victims1.pdf

Quote:
National surveys supported by NIJ, CDC, and BJS that examine more serious assaults do not support the conclusion of similar rates of male and female spousal assaults. These surveys are conducted within a safety or crime context and clearly find more partner abuse by men against women.
Quote:
A review of the research found that violence is instrumental in maintaining control and that more than 90 percent of "systematic, persistent, and injurious" violence is perpetrated by men.
Measuring Intimate Partner (Domestic) Violence | National Institute of Justice