View Single Post

Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 PM
HookTheBrotherUp

5,976 posts, read 15,277,243 times
Default Uh, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midessan View Post
Ain't that the truth. But another thing to consider is that Midland Odessa is just as close to DFW as it is to El Paso. El Paso would need theme parks at least as good as the ones there to compete.
This boom is not like the majority that preceeded it. If you keep up with the industry, you no doubt are familiar with the Eagleford play. There is another play in the Permian Basin which has the potential to dwarf that and even Saudi Arabia. There are currently five plays that are major, Wolfcamp, Bone Spring Field, Spraberry Field, and Yeso Oil. But the new kid on the block is the Cline Shale play. The Cline is so new relatively speaking, but look at it this way... the Eagleford has estimated reserves of 3 billion (with a B) barrels. Experts are estimating that the Cline play could exceed 30 billion, that is thirty billion! Wow. New fracking techniques are being developed and will make this a very productive reserve.

If you live in West Texas, you no doubt are witnessing the boom. A good gauge is to speak to a UPS delivery driver, seriously, ask the next UPS guy you see, he/she will confirm. I see Midland/Odessa expanding, I know my company is acquiring property as fast as the money comes in. This play stretches all the way from West Texas up to North Dakota, it's huge. The future is bright for West Texas indeed.