View Single Post

Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM
shindig

489 posts, read 612,798 times
KCMO, this wasn't your opinion a few years ago when you actually "lived" in Kansas City and not Washington D.C....other posters might find this interesting. These quotes were posted by kcmo (aka GRID) on the KCRAG forum a few years ago. I encourage others see how his "opinions" have done a 180 since moving out East. Afterall, we are just a bunch of country bumpkins here in KC, how would we know any different

KCRag Forum - View topic - We need a new airport!!!
"What do these other airports have that KCI doesn't? I mean there are fast food places and some bar and grills at KCI. At least at KCI you can actually "sit down" and eat a cheeseburger and read the paper vs having to stand in some concourse or drag your food to a waiting area.

There are very few airports that truly offer a "mall" atmosphere and even they don't seem to have as many dining choices as one would like.

I think it's obvious that KCI is simply spread out over multiple terminals. You can easily fly into a smaller terminal at other airports and get the same feeling you do flying into terminal C at KCI, but you know the airport is more than what you are seeing.

I don't care what an airport offers, what I remember is that in many large airports, I have to be at the security gate 2 hours before my flight or I am toast. I get to KCI 20 minutes before my plane leaves all the time (not by choice ).

KCI is ok, the thing I hate about KCI is flying into it from the west or north. I'm a "window seater" and its like you are landing in Wyoming when approaching from those directions. Although I have never flown into DIA and I would assume its pretty similar."

"Would you rather tear down Gladstone or Raytown to expand it like what Lambert is doing? KCI is no longer "way" out there. It's right of the edge of the city, the flight patterns tend to be over western KCK or Smithville, but oh well. When I fly into KCI from cities to the south east, you fly over the entire city.

Seems like everybody who flys a lot (like myself) love the airport."

"What the hell is wrong with KCI? I can't wait for the day that we have a single terminal with 2 hour queues to get in, traffic jams etc. If they can do it fine, I'm all for it, but till then, I will enjoy the convenience of KCI, the low fares, and decent non-stop to just about everywhere.

It's nice having an airport designed for KC residents. Anybody that flys a lot likes KCI.

Just build up the area around KCI."