View Single Post

Old 01-11-2014, 08:38 PM
erasure

26,754 posts, read 22,510,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
All right, I've found my old post on another forum from 2009 and there was a link to one of the sites I liked;
The author explores each and every possible theory, so I'll translate only the parts that I've found worthy attention, because the whole text is rather long .( Sorry for the quality of translation, I had to use on-line translator here and there in order to speed up the process, so here it goes;

UFO (theory.)
Strangely enough, but this version appeared not during period of perestroyka (i.e. during later Soviet times,) when pages of various editions were filled with this subject, but in... 1959 when investigation of death of hikers group hasn't been closed yet. And the person who offered this version was none other, but already mentioned here earlier L.N. Ivanov, the prosecutor - criminologist. Already in recent time, he said following in one of his interviews;

"...Back then I could only guess, but now I am positive about it. I am not going to assert what those spheres were exactly;whether it was some kind of a weapon, the aliens or what's not, but I am confident that they were directly related to the death of the group. The pilots, the geologists who have traveled and flew all over those places, unanimously assure: there were no traces of explosion at Otorten and its surroundings. And there was no explosion for sure in conventional understanding of it, as an explosion of a shell or a bomb - the way we know it. It was a different kind of explosion, something like the burst of a balloon. Here is the thing, that on the fringe of the forest where hikers so hastily escaped from tent, the branches of trees looked as though they were scorched. Not burned, not broken - scorched. I believe that this is what happened; the students had supper and went to bed. One of them went outside ( for obvious reasons, and the traces were indicating that,) and saw something that forced everyone to leave the tent and to run down. I think, it was a glowing sphere. Yet it caught up with them, or it happened accidentally on the fringes of the forest. The explosion! Three of them are gravely injured and then.. then it was all about the survival.

This version, as much as rocket version comes for the most part from the observation of the glowing orbs. These orbs acted very strangely. I will quote the observations of the acting member of the Geographical society of the USSR, the nature's researcher O. Shtraukh:

"31.03.59. At 4.10 AM the following phenomenon has been observed: from the southwest to the northeastern direction a spherical glowing body traveled fairly fast over the town. The shining discus, approximately the size of the full moon, bluish-white color, was surrounded by a big bluish aura. From time to time this aura flashed brightly, reminding the flashes of a distant lightning. When the body disappeared behind the horizon, the sky in this place was still brightly lit for some time."

This obviously doesn't look like as any known terrestrial aircraft. But if this theory will be ever confirmed, or unanimously disproved, that won't happen soon - we know too little about the worlds out there.

And now, after the scrutiny of all the possible versions, I'd like to share my own thoughts.

Every earlier theory is based on assumption that being frightened by something the hikers have cut the arch of the tent and left it in a panic. As far as I know, no one ever tried to question it. In my opinion, it was quite possible but it's not a fact and this is why;.

And that is why. Most likely, at the moment "X" at least one person was outside of a tent – urine traces on a snow testify to it and so is the the small lamp found on bed curtains. Certainly, he couldn't but notice "Something". And for certain he signaled a danger. The tent of Dyatlov's group was sewn from two tents, was long and narrow. So imagine now– you lie in the middle of it or at the opposite end to an entrance. And suddenly you hear hear a short frightening order, something like "All out from tent, quickly! ", which is on top of that is probably reenforced by the amplifying noise or a bright flash (and most likely – by both of them, simultaneously). In order to reach an exit, you need to climb over few of your team-mates. Your actions? Will you rush in fear to an exit, pushing others away, or grab a knife and rip the tent?

The ripped tent doesn't testify to panic and horror that overtook hikers, but rather it testifies the opposite -the self-control exhibited in an extreme situation, when the only right decision has been made. Besides, in a state of panic, when the mentality isn't controlled any more by reason and the only thing that rule the person is the instinct of self-preservation, the person usually runs away no matter where, as long as he runs away from a dangerous place. This was a case in 1973 in Yakutia near the mountain Alaktit, when under same mysterious circumstances the group of geologists has perished. Their bodies were found two-three kilometers away from the tent; with no traces of foul play. All were lightly dressed, some even without any footwear – such similarities! Only in that case people were running in different directions, unorganized. Dyatlov's group was well-organized, so they've left together, following the same direction. They didn't leave as a panicking crowd, they followed each other practically step in step, which is a proper way to walk in a deep snow.

Different extent of the damages caused to people testifies that not all the group was affected by the striking factor. The most logical conclusion is that at this moment part of the group already took cover in the forest and some students were still on a slope. 37-year-old Alexander Zolotaryov could have been lagging behind the group along with Luda Dubinina, who was less fit then the rest. Nicolai Thibaut-Brinyol and, probably, Rustem Slobodin, having noticed lag of companions, remained with them...

There was also one more very interesting moment. Why would students, having hastily left tent, didn't run towards their storage, but in north-eastern direction, to the tributary of Lozva river? After all they've had warm clothing, food, equipment, and old fire place near their storage?
...And the distance from the tent to the storage and to the place where the bodies were found was approximately the same.

Axelrod's explanation is that students being in confusion had the directions mixed up and realized their mistake only when they already walked down the hill. It could be a case. But there was another interesting fact; according to a weather service that day, the wind was blowing on the pass from north-west, which by the way almost coincides with the dominating direction of winds in this place. So the students were leaving the tent perpendicularly to the wind's direction!
This is the way to escape the nuclear explosion or a poisonous cloud according to the civil defense recommendations of that time, and most likely students in Dyatlov's group were already familiar with these recommendations.

So the shining sphere which has been observed that night over the mountains, most likely, had a direct connection to the death of the group.. But, whatever was the nature of this sphere – the Ural students who later became a tourist legend, courageously accepted the unequal battle with Unknown on the east slope of the mountain Holat-Syakhyl. And they showed the best human qualities during this fight.

Last edited by erasure; 01-11-2014 at 10:08 PM..