View Single Post

Old 07-10-2015, 01:57 PM
ATG5

6,732 posts, read 5,197,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think you have a problem with discernment. No, I know you have a problem with discernment. You cannot differentiate between what this girl did with what the boy did. And how am I making anything up? There is video to back up what I'm talking about.

I love threads like this one because they baldly unmask those who are supportive of domestic violence, and it reveals what people are really like offline. I cannot fathom how someone can support what this guy did to this girl, but I realize there is an entire culture who does just that. In some parts of the African American community, beating a woman who 'dissed' you is viewed as perfectly acceptable. And that does not even begin to absolve whites of this behavior, either. In many Muslim countries, women are treated as second class citizens who are not allowed to do many things that males can do openly and freely.

This attitude has to change, and it wasn't until less than one year ago that this attitude began a transformative change in the National Football League. Yes, it took until 2014 for this to be a punishable offense and potentially a career ending criminal offense, before then, it was perfectly acceptable to your employers if you did this to a wife or girlfriend.
Boy, it never fails.

You are the last and the least who should be saying anyone has a problem with discernment.

While you're so quick to vilify Johnson for his actions, you're absolving this woman of what she did at the same time. Everyone has said (and I agree, I would've done this) Johnson should've walked away as soon as the situation escalated, but I haven't seen a single person suggest the woman should've done the same thing.

She is just as much as fault for what happened here. If someone, man or woman, bumps into me aggressively, I brush it off and keep going. Yet, she decided to throw a punch, and all I read is how her punch is being downplayed because it was weak. Does it make it okay? Where do you draw the line? If it was another woman she was striking, would it still be downplayed?

The fact that you're claiming posters (WiseWino, Railman96, etc) who believe in personal responsibility and accountability either support or engage in domestic or child abuse is pretty ridiculous and quite frankly, pathetic. Ever heard of the Golden Rule? How does it go again? Saying be careful who you mouth off to or hit because you may face consequences isn't a justification for what something like Johnson did, it is common sense, obviously something that is lacking with some of the posts I've read in this thread.

Amazing how the man should be the one who walks away, who restrains himself at all times and who is expected to keep his hands to himself, yet women aren't held to those same standards. Where are all the posts that said she should've walked away since he "obviously" was the aggressor?

And this is coming from someone who thinks Johnson was stupid for what he did and should've been kicked off the team, as he was. I remember a few years ago in college, my best friend and I were in a bar, and he got bumped into by some guy, which caused him to bump into this girl at the bar. I thought I heard her call us a racial slur, and our white friend who saw everything unfold later confirmed it, after we left that area. There's no point in even reacting, because no response (cussing her out, pushing her, hitting her or even pressing charges) is worth the trouble.

It won't matter, anyways, because I guarantee you this girl is playing the innocent, victim card to the max. Because of the mindset a lot of people have, women know they can provoke and beat up on a guy, and if the wind from his punches make contact with her, she can cry and play the victim card and get away with it. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. It's disturbing, methodical and undermines actual domestic violence victims.

Women like this girl in this story get no sympathy from me. Not like that matters to her, we apparently know what she thinks of my type.

Last edited by ATG5; 07-10-2015 at 02:15 PM..