View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 08:26 AM
Forhall

1,456 posts, read 1,321,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, I stand corrected. It just seems like Edgewood court gets singled out quite a bit.
I wonder why?

Apartment managers increase security after shootings in northeast Atlanta - Story | WAGA

Quote:
Two young men were shot and killed on and near the Edgewood Court apartments on Hardee Street within the last month. Police told FOX 5 they have made no arrests in the shooting death of a teenager Thursday. We're awaiting details of the status of the investigation in the homicide in February outside the complex, which left a man in his twenties dead.
Neighbors worry about gunfire from Edgewood Apartments - Story | WAGA

Quote:
ATLANTA - Neighbors in the Edgewood area of Atlanta said they are fed up with hearing constant gunfire coming from a local apartment complex practically daily, especially after hearing a semi-automatic fired over the weekend.
After latest fatal shooting, Edgewood residents split on solution to crime problem | 11alive.com

Quote:
ATLANTA -- Atlanta police are still investigating after another shooting in the Edgewood neighborhood of Atlanta - this one ending with the death of a teen.
The APD crime stats show a long list of violent crime in the area over the last 12 months. The latest fatal shooting happened just feet away from a playground - just one of many violent crimes being investigated in the area.
Some residents say something should be done - even if that means tearing down an apartment complex linked to a notable portion of the crime.
"It's overwhelming," one resident said. "I have grandkids, six grandkids, and I'm in fear for their life."

She was reacting to another fatal shooting in the Edgewood Court Apartment complex. Less than 24 hours earlier, a teen was shot in the chest hips and arms. She said that the complex wasn't always crime-ridden. She raised her children there decades ago.
"This was a safe area back then," she said.
She said it was a place where kids could come and play - but now that's changed.
"Now we have gunshots in broad daylight," she said.
For another resident, the incident near the playground only reinforced the dangers posed to children even using it.
"You can't go to the playground back there because a lot of guys are there gambling and everything," she said.
And from a 2016 Creative Loafing Article:

Quote:
While 911 calls are an imperfect indicator, there have been at least 170 calls about shootings at Edgewood Court over the past three years, a quarter of all shooting calls in the Edgewood neighborhood over that same time period. But APD does not know exactly who's pulling the triggers, says Major Peek.
Do you think maybe, just maybe there's a reason it gets singled out?