View Single Post

Old 04-17-2018, 09:37 PM
aries4118

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
Want some inside scoop (not really inside cause it isn't a secret, but ...)

When the decision was made that by the current Superintendent that he was going to change things at Cross Keys he met with parents from Ashford Park Elementary School. (APES went to CK High School until the early 2000s when parents advocated for it to be moved to Chamblee) Dr. Green told them they would be at the new CK High School. That community has been working for 1.5 years to build community support for this and help design a school that would work well for all students. (As your probably know CKHS is mostly immigrants whose parents don't speak English at home. It is a challenging student population with a dedicated teaching staff.)

But now all heck is breaking lose. the new location is horrible for the families West of I-85. It wasn't what the Super promised and it doesn't fix the myriad of problems with the CKHS attendance zone.

I wouldn't buy stock in this location just yet-- I suspect that is going to be a mighty lot of pushback in the next few weeks.

so much more I could type, but that is some of the current mess in a nutshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
This is a map of the high school attendance zones. The old Briarcliff HS is close to the Margaret Harris comprehensive school shown on the map (just south of it). Map shows the latest Atlanta annexations. https://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/docu...ps/regions.pdf

Early redistricting recommendation:

Chamblee High
Montgomery
Huntley Hills
Cary Reynolds
New Doraville Area Elementary
Ashford Park

Briarcliff High (new)
Briar Vista
Sagamore Hills
Woodward
Montclair
John Lewis

Druid Hills High
Fernbank
Laurel Ridge
McLendon
Avondale

Lakeside High
Oak Grove
Briarlake
Hawthorne
Henderson Mill
Dresden
Pleasantdale

Tucker High
Evansdale
Livsey
Midvale
Brockett
Smoke Rise

(Idlewood --> to Clarkston or Stone Mountain)

Last edited by aries4118; 04-17-2018 at 10:27 PM..