View Single Post

Old 05-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Three Wolves In Snow

30,529 posts, read 23,956,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
No. I can't really say, because I am not black, so I don't know if maybe you were bullied in school, looked over for a job, given a fake excuse when you tried to rent something; if you have been unfairly treated while driving, followed while shopping, have women hold their purses tight when approaching you on the sidewalk - there are a bunch of things that can happen day-to-day - if you have escaped all of them, that is amazing.
Bullied in School: check

Looked over for a job: check

Given a fake excuse when trying to rent something: check

Unfairly treated while driving: Holy hell yes check.

Followed while shopping: To the point that I asked the store manager how many times I had to visit (considering it's every other day for 2 years now) before they stopped following me around the store, so: check

Have women hold their purses tight when approaching you on the sidewalk: I asked for the time. The lady clutched her purse tight while the husband pulled her away as if I was about to attack, so: check

Crossing the street, in the crosswalk, when the light indicated that I could cross, and person in car locked their doors as I approached: check

Walking across a parking lot to get to my car and passed another car in the process, occupants inside looked at me and locked their doors: check

Accused of being a thief before I ever even walked past checkout stands to go INSIDE the store: check (District Manager took care of that problem when I reported the incident that got totally out of hand by the manager and a checker - and the checker got fired for what she did.)

These are just a few things that have happened. I don't have the time to write down every single incident where I've faced these "problems" as you stated.

I'm white. I'm female. I'm not big. I'm 5'5, 125 pounds, I don't look scary, I have all of my teeth, I don't have piercings or tattoos all over my face, I have long hair, I look like your every day person.

So I guess I don't have white privilege afterall, is what you're saying.