View Single Post

Old 03-15-2019, 08:43 PM
coschristi

5,170 posts, read 2,378,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive never understood why there is so much controversy and debate on whether these giants existed or not...the way I look it...big deal, giants existed at one time...so what?!
Because it challenges the theory of Evolution & there has been a plethora of litigation, even in the Supreme Courts; regarding the teaching of Creationism vs Evolution.

There was a debunked Giant skeleton discovery, known as the Cardiff Giant hoax in 1869 in N.Y. The guy made it out of plaster or something weird like that. There was some Saudi Arabia photoshopped excavation site hoax as well.

But there are many more verifiable accounts. A hoax does not mean the Giant skeletons have been debunked. I use the Newspaper Archives website through my local public library a lot to find unadulterated, local news. Unfortunately, if I were to provide a link to the results, it would be paywalled but here are just a few of the reports I’ve found, posted here on a different thread last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Monmouth Daily Atlas, Friday, May 6, 1921, Monmouth, Illinois
“SKELETON OF GIANT FOUND ...skeleton of a prehistoric giant found in a gravel bed of a farm near here” (Arm bones were reported as being twice as large as those of an average man.)

Rhineland New North, Thursday, July 23, 1908, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“The skeleton was nearly eight feet in height and the arms extended several inches below the hips.”(Near Pelican Lake).

Sandusky Evening Star, Wednesday, April 6, 1904, Sandusky, Ohio
“GIANT SKELETON FOUND A giant skeleton has been unearthed at the VVoolerton farm, ...skeleton measures eight feet from the top of the head to the ankles, the feet being missing. The skull is huge...skeleton was one of several found buried in the form of a wheel under a mound, with the feet toward the hub.”
Many articles state that landowners have elected to involve the Smithsonian & that the Smithsonian took over the sites but the Smithsonian denies any knowledge or involvement.