View Single Post

Old 05-28-2019, 12:57 PM
erasure

26,878 posts, read 22,743,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yep, I would agree that what Ze stands for is radically different than what Putinism stands for. Its shocking, these Western ideas showing up in Kiev politics!
*Sigh*

You still don't get it DKM, that "Putinism" is very Western in its essence, it's very American to be precise, and by "American" I mean "Republican," and by "Republican" I mean the likes of Scott Walker and Koch Brothers. This is the kind of paradise of the "fiscally tight" budget, that this kind of people would love to run, where everyone/everything that doesn't *fit* into this budget, must simply die.

But the military budget should be served ( since it protects the sitting government) and the wealth of the people on top should keep on growing exponentially, since it assures their power domestically and internationally alike.
And then Scrat wonders why the small Russian cities with its unique history/architecture are dying off.

In essence, it's the very heart of Russia and Russian culture are dying off, (because that's what Russia originally was all about.) But for "fiscally tight budget" this is non-essential, as it's non-essential for any production line of a state, set on "making money" first and utmost.
So this is what American ideas implemented in Russia back in the nineties do to that country in the long run. It destroys it slowly but surely, configuring into something new and not necessarily better; in fact I'd say that this new mutant is actually much more dangerous and worse overall.

Quote:
I guess we will see how much the country has changed when the Rada elections occur. The stuff between now and then is just talk. I don't blame Russians for being fascinated by it...
Russians are not "fascinated" - they are literally chuckling at Ukrainians in that program ( just in case you've missed it.)
I didn't expect Zelensky to be such dufus in politics to be honest.
I mean he is still a lovely guy, a very good actor, an intelligent guy, and yet...
The road to hell is paved with best intentions.

P.S. The "talking heads" in Ukraine are talking about the possibility of default more and more often lately I've noticed.