Thread: Come unto me
View Single Post

Old 11-18-2008, 03:05 PM
aquila

1,597 posts, read 2,148,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
I've been trying to figure out how to answer this question...

To tell you the truth, I don't know how I know. I just do.
Okay....honesty. That's good. I appreciate it.

Think about what your relationship with her feels like for you....what the experience is like. You know it's not based on something sexual, or else you would have been able to tell me why you are in love with her. Instead, it's an inner experience and expression of a core part of who you are. It's something that corresponds to your heart, your soul, your spirit, your mind. But you don't know how to explain it. It's just there. You don't know why you love your wife. You just do, and you know you do.

Likewise....I don't know WHY I'm attracted and drawn to men. I just am. There is something about them that lights me up inside. I can't imagine living a content, fulfilling life connected to a woman. It does nothing for me. And I'm not just talking sexually. If it was something sexual, I could perform. But it would be hollow and meaningless because I wouldn't be connecting with her heart, soul, spirit, and mind.

But the thoughts of living my life with a man invokes a tremendous hope, peace, love, joy, and sense of goodwill within me. It actually makes me want to be a better person, makes me feel better about myself, and inspires me to want to do more to help those in need. It makes me want to live. Even if I were stuck in the middle of the mountains, miles from the nearest civilization, I'd want a man there with me....not a woman. I'd be absolutely content with a man, whereas if I were with a woman, I'd be depressed and full of heartache. I'd literally feel like part of me was missing.

I can't explain why I am that way. I just know it's not something I chose, much the same way you can't explain why you're in love with your wife. You just know you are.

Next.....don't respond to anything I wrote above. Just answer the question:

Imagine trying to give up your love for her. Could you do that?