View Single Post

Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 PM
eskercurve

5,002 posts, read 12,377,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen4greatness View Post
LMAO
Huh? I do not see anywhere in that passage that Jesus Christ existed ... . Just that the Christians were persecuted, which is a known fact. Following Christ as a figure is one thing ... proving that he exists is another.

"Christian....those who follow Christ." All of these are legit text. How can u follow what as u say never was? If Jesus never was, why are they called Christians?
They're called "Christians" because it is derived from the Greek word "Christos" or "the anointed one." So being called a Christian is basically nothing more than saying you are an anointed one who follows a person named Jesus, who so far as I can tell, never existed.

I find it convenient that you didn't bother disproving my other points.

If in case this is hard to swallow, try this out, look at the attributes below, and think about what comes to mind. I'll point out what it shows me, and can be verified in historical texts and numerous references:

Born of a virgin woman
Killed / crucified, died, ascended into heaven (either bodily or spiritually) 3 days after death
3rd day after dying is when resurrection took place
Performed many miracles when alive
Is commonly referred to as the Son of God or the Sun God or what have you
Had 12 desciples.

Ready? These traits are shared among Horus, the Sun God of Egypt, Attis, Krishna, Dionysus, Mithra and Jesus Christ.

In fact, when Christianity was spreading, some tribes were skeptical over the "new god" but found it easier to swallow when it was compared to previously accepted Roman and Greek gods of the time, since the mystic stories were nearly identical.

The ancient people were no idiots, and found inventive ways to explain the meaning of the strange universe around them. It's no wonder that people were skeptical of change, since many of the roots of ancient mysticism is in fact rooted in math and observation.

The death and resurrection in 3 days, for example. There is a reason why so many religions use the days around Christmas (25th of December) as a means of "resurrection" or returning from the dead. Imagine you're an ancient person. Life is hard, death is everywhere from famine, disease, and war and just plain bad luck. Now imagine that it's winter time. You look towards any hope of the new harvest and better times.

Then you hear a story about a death and resurrection around December 25th. That makes total sense because from 22nd to 25th of December, from certain meridians, the sun reaches the lowest point in the sky and does not visibly move for 3 days. Then it moves higher in the sky, promising a return to spring and a bountiful harvest.

Thus, in essence, worshipping Jesus Christ is basically the same as worshipping Horus, the Sun God, or the Sun itself.

Or it means you worship the math and observations and science behind the mysticism. Glad to know we have common ground! It's just our expression of that which is different.

Now there's nothing wrong with that per se. At least Christianity puts forth a codex for living a healthy life (a couple of the commandments are troublesome but when you think about it they are all common sense).

Need I go on?

Last edited by eskercurve; 06-03-2009 at 08:18 PM..