Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times

Advertisements

This showed up on top of my screen in the last few days:

"There are 55 days left in our Most Informative Poster Contest. You currently have **** posts that will be counted five time as much as your previous posts"

I wish it had the little x so I could make it disappear. Can you at least center the sentence on the screen? It's hugging the left side and it's really irritating. Oh, and the plurality. Five time?

Yes, I'm being facetious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 01:55 PM

24,463 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
This showed up on top of my screen in the last few days:

"There are 55 days left in our Most Informative Poster Contest. You currently have **** posts that will be counted five time as much as your previous posts"

I wish it had the little x so I could make it disappear. Can you at least center the sentence on the screen? It's hugging the left side and it's really irritating. Oh, and the plurality. Five time?

Yes, I'm being facetious
It does have a little x, I clicked it and it was gone.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:57 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Again, great contest, but not comfortable with even the potentiality of having to release my actual name, for reasons of professional ethics. I post a lot about my job, and my job is with people who are legally entitled to privacy and confidentiality...I can't risk my real name being connected to my anonymous posts; it would be unethical treatment of the population with which I work.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:43 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Oh Ive just had a invite, cant believe it as quite new on here.. staggered in after having a look on google at some info on Doris Day. who Ive been writing to for over 24 years... ok ok dont laugh.. but love the lady always have.. anyway.. Im retired now and only good for watching grandkidsI do take loads of photos as well , cant cook , cant sew, cant work a remote for the telly or fix a leak, what I do not too bad is gab. especially on forums.. I write a little , some fiction and some about my own past.. keeps me out of trouble. love on here, seems very well run...and moderated well...(sook) so good luck to all of you entering... if I might win Im off to Carmel with the rest of the oldies who live there and hope to run into Doris....

Old 06-16-2012, 10:59 AM

21,121 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Since there are people who do not want to enter this contest because they do not want to (or can't) reveal their names, I presume it will be acceptable for them to have the money donated to a charity of their choice instead?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:02 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Since there are people who do not want to enter this contest because they do not want to (or can't) reveal their names, I presume it will be acceptable for them to have the money donated to a charity of their choice instead?
I would think that they can not win the contest if they do not enter the contest...

If they entered the contest, they agreed to the rules.

But I have entered the contest.

Rich

Old 06-16-2012, 02:32 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,950,738 times
OK - serious question: is anyone who posts links to youtube videos automatically discqualified, since this is not original content? Take the music forum for example.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:12 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,270,717 times
Nobody is automatically disqualified. Such posts may not rank high but nobody stops you from posting something else, too.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:37 PM

3,177 posts, read 2,744,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
OK - serious question: is anyone who posts links to youtube videos automatically discqualified, since this is not original content? Take the music forum for example.
Extra posts that are not very informative simply won't add much, but they won't be negative either.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,950,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Extra posts that are not very informative simply won't add much, but they won't be negative either.
I was thinking of the copywrite issue that is discussed in the rules. I will consider this OK unless advised to the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum