Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times

Advertisements

Rep points, or send a DM just saying thanks or well-done. Positive feedback is always nice to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 09:35 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Yac is definitely worth his weight in gold. The Pennsylvania forum has become busier and busier, and the Pittsburgh and Northeastern Pennsylvania sub-forums in particular have been quite heated over the past six months at times when politics have entered into the fray. He does a great job of moderating in a fair-and-balanced way. Yes, I myself have been smacked around quite a bit, but I appreciate the "wake-up call" when I get out of line. He expediently eliminates trolls as well. I don't know how he manages so many forums while maintaining his sanity.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,850 times
Thumbs up We're In The Money, We're In The Money....

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
If I can just get one of our wonderful members to send me a shiny new nickel...then sir, I surely would be
Will this do?

Ask, and ye shall receive. Just try not to spend it all in one place, ok?

Ms. Moneybags,
Boof

Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
Yac is definitely worth his weight in gold.
You sure ? That's a lot of gold ...

But seriously, I usually enjoy these forums as much as the next person. If I'm grumpy this means I just got 50+ dm's calling me names. Or haven't had my coffee. Hopefully this is rare enough

Old 01-29-2008, 05:08 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
Cool Here's another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
Will this do?

Ask, and ye shall receive. Just try not to spend it all in one place, ok?

Ms. Moneybags,
Boof
Excellent...now he truly is the highest paid Mod....so far

Old 01-29-2008, 06:37 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,270,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud to be American View Post
When certain moderators don't reply for actions taken who do we contact?
The link just above this thread... Complaints

Old 01-29-2008, 10:19 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,398 times
Talking Thank You!

Thank you to all the Mods for doing a great job!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBatz View Post
How does someone pay particular tribute to a Moderator or Senior Moderator that you think has and is doing a superior job.

I believe the great majority of C-D members understand how difficult it can be trying to be firm but fair, and we are all human after all, but there exists many Mods who just take to what they are doing like ducks take to water, smoothly, naturally and with little splash.

From time to time I have had occasion to swap posts with Mods and have let them know that I like how they treat the C-D posters???

Sure, I have had disagreements with some Mods but I don't take those seriously!

To sum up:
To whom do we address our recommendations for "Attaboys/Attagirls? I would bet that a lot of members would like to know this as well.

Cheers for thinking about the Mods .

Attagal.. works for me And throw a smiley at us here and there and we will call it even .

Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
autumngal:

Of all people you deserve more than a smiley, but for now, here goes.............................................. .................

Next time you ride by my area on your road bike give out a SooooooooWeeee

Old 01-29-2008, 11:44 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,398 times
markablue & Yac,

Your reputation doesn't show, but if a message is left for you by clicking on the scales...can you read the comments? Sometimes it's a nice way to show appreciation without sending a DM, but just wanted to make sure you can read the notes.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum