Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 10:19 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
The quick fix is to edit about:config in FF

go to this line:
editor.use_div_for_default_newlines

and click on true to change it to false
Workaround works perfectly. On Mac OS, you have to double click the word true, not the whole line. Not sure if this is true under Windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 06:12 AM

4,055 posts, read 2,132,994 times
Default Why the Double Double Spacing?

When I finish typing a paragraph, i double space, but instead of my new paragraph starting two lines down, with just one space inbetween, it double double spaces and has four line spaces, which I then have to go back and edit. I think this happens to other people because some leave in all those epaces. Is there a way around this? Thanks!

Old 11-02-2020, 11:22 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
The fix is in this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/...producing.html

Old 11-12-2020, 03:50 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Here is some background on what changed in version 60 to cause what we have seen....

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...kup_generation
The change that I made this morning in about:config is as follows.....

Find this line in the preference name list.....

editor.use_div_for_default_newlines

In version 60 it is true by default. Change it to false.

Problem solved. So far I've seen no ill effect or any other effect resulting from this change other than the restoration of single line spacing when pressing enter twice. Then again, CD is the only site thus far that I've done any new posting on.

Your mileage may vary, but so far it works for me.
Testing.

Testing.

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2020, 11:29 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Testing.

Testing.

Thanks!
You're welcome.

Wow, that's a memory maker from 2 1/2 years ago. It prompted me to just now recheck my setting as described. Still set to false where I left it way back then, despite the countless version updates made since then. I'm now running 83.0.

When this issue first appeared, I half expected to have to make that change with every new version. Thankfully, it appears that Mozilla leaves your advanced configuration settings alone in the absence of a specific need in the update.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:06 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Here is some background on what changed in version 60 to cause what we have seen....
Oh thank you, this has been driving me insane forever.
The extra spaces....shudder. sooo many edits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum