U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:30 AM

3,124 posts, read 11,670,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
OK folks, we all have our opinions. I have made a few comments on this board, most I thought were harmless, and I have certainly tried to help.

Who ever you are that insists on taking pot shots at me through this lame reputation thing: why not discuss it with me in the open forum as opposed to just hitting a negative reputation and making snide remarks and hiding in annonymity? Perhaps we could both learn something in the process. Sheeesh
I don't think that the problem is that you are a Packer's fan, but well...some of your posts do come across rather....well....they weren't the...ah....they sounded really rude to be honest. I can see where some would feel they weren't deserving of a positive note. (That being said, your recent posts have been of a nicer tone overall.)

Don't worry about the rep...at least it's not in negative numbers anymore! There are always going to be some that have problems....every time I post something I have a certain person (at least I know who they are) posting negatives to me. It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 09:13 AM

12,009 posts, read 28,276,351 times
Nice to know that I'm not the ONLY one that gets hit with the rep. points!

I think the other agents on this board don't like the fact that I'm HONEST and will state my opinion, no matter if it agrees with them or not.

I had someone who kept giving me neg. points but one of the moderators caught it and had them stop.

Maybe you should ask them if they can check into it for you. I do not understand why some people take it so personally if you simply disagree with them.

I had one of the other agents on the board tell me that I was an "insult to other agents" because I told him that he should have his sellers re paint their brightly colored walls to beige!!!

Vicki

Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 AM

134 posts, read 512,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Nice to know that I'm not the ONLY one that gets hit with the rep. points!

I think the other agents on this board don't like the fact that I'm HONEST and will state my opinion, no matter if it agrees with them or not.

I had someone who kept giving me neg. points but one of the moderators caught it and had them stop.

Maybe you should ask them if they can check into it for you. I do not understand why some people take it so personally if you simply disagree with them.

I had one of the other agents on the board tell me that I was an "insult to other agents" because I told him that he should have his sellers re paint their brightly colored walls to beige!!!

Vicki
YIKES! That is really going out on a limb there

Well I am sorry to all of those that thought my posts were rude. I guess I can be a bit of a person that stands on a soapbox.

In regards to having them check on things... I am not sure how to contact the people that run the board, and I am not sure if it would really do anything. People are people, they have their opinions, and I guess some took offense. Heck if you met me in person, I bet you would have a totally different opinion of me, and I am sure of the others as well. Perhaps if we just discussed on the board we could all work things out. Sometimes we (mainly I) dont come across like we would in person. A lack of my communcations skills perhaps.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 AM

225 posts, read 882,492 times
Packer Fan...not that it's any help, but, I for one never look at the reputation numbers of posters---don't understand how they work. Even read a thread awhile back about how they work, but, still didn't quite get it.

I guess I don't get the point of rep. numbers. So, post on!

Old 02-05-2007, 12:28 PM

1,874 posts, read 6,890,178 times
I guess I am really in the dark. I had no idea there was a reputation thing. How do you even access that to know people are knocking you?

Old 02-05-2007, 01:49 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,891,886 times
I don't know if it's just one person giving you negative points. I know when you give someone a positive reputation point you'll get a message telling you to spread it around to other members if you've already given that person a positive reputation point. I thought it worked the same way with negative points.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:51 PM

134 posts, read 512,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I guess I am really in the dark. I had no idea there was a reputation thing. How do you even access that to know people are knocking you?
Near the top.. click on USER CP.

The raps dont tell you who it is, but if it is the same thought process it is pretty easy to see it is the same person.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:01 PM

223 posts, read 975,378 times
Quote:
Near the top.. click on USER CP.

The raps dont tell you who it is, but if it is the same thought process it is pretty easy to see it is the same person.

Wow, I've been on this forum for a few months now and never checked that out before.
Learned something new! Thanks.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:05 PM

2,814 posts, read 12,062,666 times
Quote:
OK folks, we all have our opinions. I have made a few comments on this board, most I thought were harmless, and I have certainly tried to help.

Who ever you are that insists on taking pot shots at me through this lame reputation thing: why not discuss it with me in the open forum as opposed to just hitting a negative reputation and making snide remarks and hiding in annonymity? Perhaps we could both learn something in the process. Sheeesh
Just ignore it. If the remarks are truly inappropriate and simply rude commentary and not based on your having flammed, then report them to yac or markablue and if they agree it was abused, they will remove more points from the offender and provide instant karma as it were.
I had one person here who decided she was going to teach me a lesson and shot me down 10 pts. in a few hours. I'm not sure how she was able to do it through the same posting and called me a chicken sh_t plus other nice words. But I reported it and shazaam....she dropped over 30 pts., meaning she was 'disciplined' as it were. On the other hand, not so thin skinned! I know I'm going to get negative feedback from people who I call on their bigoted and racist views and I intentionally fire the guns knowing they will retaliate in their immaturity. So what!
Say what you want to say and don't worry about it. Just stay within the rules.

Last edited by MoMark; 02-05-2007 at 02:13 PM..

Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,173,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
There aren't any robots on the forums. The person who posts the facts and stats takes a considerable amount of personal time to do so- as a service to the community.
Thank you

Some of the questions I see here, I sometimes feel like replying "you know, that could be easily found on Google/Yahoo/<insert favorite search engine>."

I'm an inveterate chaser of obscure web links. The sites That Person provides has lead to some interesting info. I've also been pm'd some articles related to my postings from That Person, leading me to believe that they note the personal interests of some of the posters. It is appreciated

Last edited by silverwing; 02-06-2007 at 06:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or