Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 06:58 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,178 times

Advertisements

I'm assuming that means I got a negative reputation in which case how does that affect my reputation? It was something extremely asinine, too, and completely unecessary.

I posted in "Born Gay. No way!?" stating:

Quote:
I took a psychology class in high school and I remember reading in my text book that a study of the human anatomy was done on gays and heterosexuals. The studied showed that there was a part in the brain that was actually smaller in gay men than in straight men.
and the person wrote in my reputation:

Quote:
very misleading! Where did you get your facts, Einstein!
How in the world does that deserve a negative reputation? I can't even reply with a rebuttal because I don't know who sent it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,094,970 times
Hi, Foma

Investigations of possible rep point abuse are handled by our Senior Moderators privately (rather than here), so please contact either Markablue or Yac directly. They will check on it for you.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 PM

Thanks figment, I appreciate the headsup!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:06 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,533,523 times
Happened to me too. I usually post a query to the forum thread it came from and state the person who gave the neg rep should sign their name. Yours was obviously someone who disagreed and in fact was rude to you.

Glad you reported it. I wonder if the MODS can tell who gave the neg point inappropiately?

Old 05-06-2007, 10:37 AM

Hmmm, probably not. I did get my points back so I'm not going to worry about it. If the poster didn't tell you who he/she was, then he/she probably wanted anonymity. I would just take it up with the Senior Moderators.

Old 05-06-2007, 10:45 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,270,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Happened to me too. I usually post a query to the forum thread it came from and state the person who gave the neg rep should sign their name. Yours was obviously someone who disagreed and in fact was rude to you.

Glad you reported it. I wonder if the MODS can tell who gave the neg point inappropiately?
It then should be deleted from the thread as it's off topic there. To have a reputation point/comment reviewed, please contact me or Yac via PM.

We do have the means of telling who left the comment and repetitive abusers have 10 points removed from their own reputation. Extremely rude comments are treated as personal attacks anywhere else on the forums and infractions are issued.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markablue View Post
It then should be deleted from the thread as it's off topic there. To have a reputation point/comment reviewed, please contact me or Yac via PM.

We do have the means of telling who left the comment and repetitive abusers have 10 points removed from their own reputation. Extremely rude comments are treated as personal attacks anywhere else on the forums and infractions are issued.
It is very reassuring to know the Administrators & Moderators here have the willingness and tools to assist C-D forum users, in an objective manner, when they feel an injustice has occurred....to them personally or to someone else.

It's also nice to know that the Admins & Mods are able to identify those responsible for the alleged infraction in question. We all must be held responsible for our actions, and should this not be the case, I fear C-D would not be the great place it is.

Being able to interact with others is a wonderful thing, and when it is in an arena where we feel free to speak openly, it's even better. However, there will be times when we might cross the line, and it is in those situations where we find the assistance of the Admins & Mods to be invaluable, should we feel their involvement is warranted.

And the reason I'm even posting this, is because I'm sure there are many of us, myself included, where we've ended up abandoning a forum we once frequented, because a once friendly & inviting environment became too hostile and/or chaotic.

Which just shows the integrity of our C-D Admins & Mods. They are aware of what can happen, and they make a concerted effort to ensure C-D remains a productive & prosperous place for people to enjoy themselves and maybe make a new friend or two. To me, that is a GOOD thing!!! ^^^^5

Just my 2 cents...

Boof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum