U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IVF or Adoption?
IVF 19 46.34%
Adoption 22 53.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:53 AM

2,779 posts, read 4,669,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
I would probably try IVF then eventually adopt.

My cousin adopted EIGHT kids from Africa, WAY before it was made popular by Angelina too

Everyone told her she was crazy, but I admired her for doing it. She has no kids of her own but I don't think she cares. My mom made a comment like "well doesn't she want any of her own" and I told her don't say that in front of her, it's rude.

Those kids are truly blessed, my cousin had lots of money so was able to adopt so many.
Sorry I have to make a point here and I realize you mean no harm. Your cousin DOES have her own children, she has eight of them. As my 7yr old asked last week "if you're not my "real mom" than who is?" Please be careful with your language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 PM

2,839 posts, read 4,991,034 times
*rolls eyes* Seriously? I meant no biological children that came from her hoo-haw- is that better? I don't go around to her kids saying "well you know she's not your REAL mom...."

Old 09-11-2013, 08:59 PM

12,249 posts, read 17,999,094 times
Quote:
*rolls eyes* Seriously? I meant no biological children that came from her hoo-haw- is that better? I don't go around to her kids saying "well you know she's not your REAL mom...."
Why are you being rude. She said she knew you meant no harm..All she was doing was pointing out that those kids are just like her biological children.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 PM

2,839 posts, read 4,991,034 times
I am not trying to be rude but I don't appreciate being told to be careful with my language when my post was merely misconstrued. Saying "sorry" before a post doesn't mean it's okay now to insinuate that I was saying my cousin's kids were not her own children.

I know they are my cousins "own" kids; before then she had no biological children, I realize now I didn't make that distinction but didn't think it was necessary.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:48 PM

16,482 posts, read 21,088,666 times
Quote:
I am not trying to be rude but I don't appreciate being told to be careful with my language when my post was merely misconstrued. Saying "sorry" before a post doesn't mean it's okay now to insinuate that I was saying my cousin's kids were not her own children.

I know they are my cousins "own" kids; before then she had no biological children, I realize now I didn't make that distinction but didn't think it was necessary.
I agree, you meant no harm. I have adopted myself and know well about the sensitivity of how we phrase things, but we do not have to be so anal when we are just doing a post here. I loved the "hoo-haw" remark.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,987,015 times
I hope to have an update to this thread by Christmas folks. Things are moving along after a slow crawl during the summer. I'll provide details this winter. All in all though, I'm still pleased with our decision to adopt and actually, we are now hoping to adopt an infant and a sibling group of two. (Would be nice if we were placed with an infant and a toddler.) We'll see...stay tuned!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:19 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,088,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I hope to have an update to this thread by Christmas folks. Things are moving along after a slow crawl during the summer. I'll provide details this winter. All in all though, I'm still pleased with our decision to adopt and actually, we are now hoping to adopt an infant and a sibling group of two. (Would be nice if we were placed with an infant and a toddler.) We'll see...stay tuned!
Congrats Jaded!!!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:24 PM

4,277 posts, read 5,168,877 times
That's exciting Jaded.

We're seriously considering "embryo adoption" at this point in time. It's considered a grey area in Church teaching and one that is up to the individual to decide on. If we do it, we'll most likely still adopt in the future.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:47 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,987,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
That's exciting Jaded.

We're seriously considering "embryo adoption" at this point in time. It's considered a grey area in Church teaching and one that is up to the individual to decide on. If we do it, we'll most likely still adopt in the future.
I've heard of this. It seems like a viable option for couples with fertility issues. We still haven't completely given up on other options either, but adoption was our first choice that we "stuck" with through the long haul. Good Luck!

Old 09-21-2013, 08:41 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,225,145 times
I would choose adoption. I've already given birth - in fact, I placed my first biological child for adoption at age 19 - and we may foster at some point, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption