Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 PM

39 posts, read 33,143 times

Advertisements

Brutally attack?! Sheesh dude, I commented ONCE about the fact that it is easy to say "no big deal" about genetic mirroring when you have grown up with it. Then you jumped in & tried to say that wasn't what you meant in your comment which was a twisting of the truth. Ok, I'll admit my language was a little inflammatory when I suggested you own what you said "for a change" & I will apologise for that - I'm sorry Craig.

As for what you call anti-adoption & why we adoptees are here, we are trying to change a system that most people do not realise is broken. We cannot do that without perseverance. We might not change your mind or those of members here who have benefited from the corrupt system & do not want it to change, but we might reach people thinking about adoption & we might make them step back & think about where the money is going to go & how demand creates a need for supply & how corruption can be rife in a system like that.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:03 AM

116 posts, read 112,674 times
Craig, since you want to know why adoptees are posting on the adoption section of city-data, I'll pose the same question to you: Why are you posting here so much? What do you do all day that you can afford to lounge here and converse about adoption? Why is it okay for you to be here and not adoptees?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,189,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
What is the point of this dispute? How does it assist anyone's mutual understanding of the topic? Why are so many of you so doggedly determined to tear down anyone here with whom you disagree, and to do so so disagreeably and often quite viciously?
No. Are you? Please allow me to point out that you are continuing this argument as well, Craig, with a wall-of-text, btw, that is also off topic & has rivaled anything we have ever felt the need to say to you. One might even say personally attacking us.

Quote:
Or do you just want to drive away any posters who do not share your point of view, and mock and anger and antagonize and distress them in the process? Do you find that sort of thing fun? Do you get a feelling of triumph when knowledgeable, courteous and respectful posters cease to participate in this forum because they are sickened by what has become of it recently?
No & accusing anyone who speaks of adoption reform of wanting children to languish in orphanages is not being courteous or respectful. Just like calling us all anti-adoption & belittling people by saying they must not have a happy, productive life is not courteous or respectful. In case you haven't noticed there has also been quite a few comments that can easily be seen as anti-adoptee.

Quote:
Regardless of the contents of my original post which triggered these particular personal attacks, what good is coming from your multiple extremely antagonistic responses to the adoptive parents and family members here?
What good is coming from your multiple, extremely antagonistic responses to the adoptees here?

Quote:
Clearly, many of you who've engaged in this behavior do not like adoption, do not like people who have adopted, think adoption is fraught with corruption, and other problems of various kinds, and is often damaging to the children who were adopted, as well as to birth parents who have relinquished their children for one reason or another. Okay. I get that. We all get that.
Clearly you think such issues are no big deal, are a threat to you somehow, or should have a limit to how often they may be discussed on an adoption forum. Okay. I get that. Moving right along.

Quote:
I am not speaking exclusively of your responses to my perhaps-flawed, perhaps confusingly-worded post (which I had previously thought was quite clear and comprehensible in its meaning and intention), but what is your overall goal in posting here on CD?
What I hope to achieve is an environment where adult adoptees feel free to weigh in on the subject of adoption & other members of the triad can see that adoption experiences truly can be complex (not all good, not all bad). You interpret that as being anti-adoption, bad, negative, a personal attack, when it is not. What is it you hope to achieve by incessantly, unrelentingly opposing any & all criticism of adoption?

Quote:
How did you all discover it, all around the same time within the last month? How is it that many of you never post on any other topic here, yet declare that you have full lives and many other interests? Do you know one another in real life or from previous contact online? Are you all members of one of the several anti-adoption forums and groups online? Did someone -perhaps an "activist" former poster who was banned from this forum just prior to your arrival - tip you off, and urge you to join CD and post here? It really looks as if something of this sort must have led you all here, all around the same time, all with very similar povs and messages and methods.

I'd really like to know. Responses, please?
Who are you? King of CD?

Last edited by thethreefoldme; 10-07-2012 at 05:31 AM..

Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,597,183 times
No one is talking about names anymore, so the thread has run its course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption